LUSH Lip Service Lip Balm

3.9

Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) , Glycerine , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Flavor , *Limonene , *Linalool

Not worth the price.

It's hard to use unless it's the middle of summer - otherwise it is very hard, pasty and difficult to work into your lips.

Also doesn't seem to be that effective at protecting lips from dryness, I found myself constantly wanting to reapply because my lips felt even more chapped after using it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great lip Balm! Love what it does for my lips. The smell is just wonderful. I do wish it was softer.

I have taken one lippie off because the consistency and texture is horrible. The balm is solid and grainy. Otherwise nothing beats this balm for dry chapped lips, if you can live without the gloss.

I like that it reminds me of those orange popsicle outside-vanilla ice cream inside Cremesicles, but there was some weird marbling going on with I guess...the orange oil or some type of pigment(?) and the white of the balm. I must have gotten a bad batch. I also like lip balms to be shiny upon contact with my lips, but this takes a while and since it's not translucent (which is the way I usually like my lip balms), it feels kind of "heavy..." like putting solid lard on your lips.

I love this lip balm. I'm anxious to try the new version. It was the only thing that saved my lips in the winter. It's got a nice cocoa buttery/orange scent, and when you get used to the texture, it's fine to apply.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A very nice lip balm over all. I would never have purchased this product myself, but I got it for free at a Lush party today. Pros: main ingrediant is Cocoa butter (I love cocoa butter lip balms!), not super glossy so its great under lipstick. Cons: jar-type packaging, and yes, the texture is HARD (but personally I really don't mind). The price is 8.95 CAD which is reasonable for the amount of product you get, but I don't think I will be repurchasing in the future because I don't like the jar-type packaging. For a similar product in stick-type packaging, I recommend LSOB Lip Butter. **UPDATE** I think I may allergic to this. Could it be the Cocoa butter as the SA suggested? I feel an ungood tingling sensation after each application of this, and a couple days of using this, I got a blister on my lips. :(

Works fine once it's on, but is ridiculously stiff and therefore hard to apply. Also, I'm getting a weird extra shadow of pigmentation under my lip since using this and I'm not having pigmentation problems elsewhere, so I wonder if it's an aging thing or if it might be caused by something in the balm - perhaps photo reaction involving the tangerine oil?? If I knew this product was the culprit, I'd want it to have a minus lippie. If any of you have had this same coincidence, I'd love to hear from you.

I dont tihnk I'll buy this again. It didnt last all that long, probably because it wasn't moisturizing enough for me so I had to keep reapplying. It has a nice light lemony smell, but nothing to go crazy over. Its expensive for what it is

I love this balm. It doesn't sit on your skin like a balm though. It absorbs really well. It comes in a pot and is hard like cocoa butter (which happens to be the 1st ingredient on the list). It has a nice citrus taste and smell to it. Doesn't run of your lips and makes them soft. It is also a great base for lipstick or gloss. A must have in my opinion.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought this was ok. Just as almost everyone has said, it does go rock hard in the tin, but melts easily on your lips. It's pretty moisturising and doesn't really smell/taste of anything. It has a subtle orange flavour, which I liked. UPDATE: When this has been in my pocket and has melted a little, it is a lovely lip balm, it really moisturises my lips and leaves them with a lovely sheen

Popular Lip Treatments