July 30, 2014 | 1064 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Lip Service Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2005 3:59:00 PM More reviews by agingfast

Works fine once it's on, but is ridiculously stiff and therefore hard to apply. Also, I'm getting a weird extra shadow of pigmentation under my lip since using this and I'm not having pigmentation problems elsewhere, so I wonder if it's an aging thing or if it might be caused by something in the balm - perhaps photo reaction involving the tangerine oil?? If I knew this product was the culprit, I'd want it to have a minus lippie. If any of you have had this same coincidence, I'd love to hear from you.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Trixie_belle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont tihnk I'll buy this again. It didnt last all that long, probably because it wasn't moisturizing enough for me so I had to keep reapplying. It has a nice light lemony smell, but nothing to go crazy over. Its expensive for what it is

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2005 2:21:00 AM More reviews by swasty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this balm. It doesn't sit on your skin like a balm though. It absorbs really well. It comes in a pot and is hard like cocoa butter (which happens to be the 1st ingredient on the list). It has a nice citrus taste and smell to it. Doesn't run of your lips and makes them soft. It is also a great base for lipstick or gloss. A must have in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2005 8:56:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this was ok. Just as almost everyone has said, it does go rock hard in the tin, but melts easily on your lips. It's pretty moisturising and doesn't really smell/taste of anything. It has a subtle orange flavour, which I liked. UPDATE: When this has been in my pocket and has melted a little, it is a lovely lip balm, it really moisturises my lips and leaves them with a lovely sheen

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2005 9:58:00 PM More reviews by xyan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

DAMN this is hard!!! Pros: does the job. Smells great! Cons: ROCK HARD, and leaves a white residue on your lips (so you really need to rub it in). I will buy this again, but probably in the summer...maybe it'll stay soft.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2005 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I prefer glossy lip balms for their texture. Also, you need to warm this between your fingers before you apply. Won’t repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2005 1:15:00 AM More reviews by WestEndGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice moisterizing lip balm. Not the easiest to get out of the little pot though. It's kind of hard. Oh, and I'm one of those weirdos who uses this to tame my eyebrows. Yeah, I've got crazy German eyebrows. Works fab.

EDIT: ok, so I had to throw this out. I guess since it's all natural, it doesn't last too long. My cracked and got all yucky and changed color. I was only half way through. oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2005 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ohlalasarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yummy lip balm! Very moisturizing and smells good (think a light chocolate orange). Like everyelse says, it is a little hard, but letting it sit on your finger dos the trick. A must for dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2005 5:53:00 PM More reviews by strawberieseed

Wow I almost cried when I hit the bottom of my pot of this stuff! First off, you get a lot of this stuff in one jar...mines from June and is just getting to the bottom. It has a really nice scent thats not overpowering. Its very hard though, but I've fouund it very usable in the winter-just inside when the heats on! Smooth and creamy when its warm this stuff feels wonderful on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2004 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Yoonme

I LOVE this lip balm, and I'm a bit of a lip balm junkie.
Pros: It's incredibly moisturizing, feels wonderful on my lips, and lasts for quite a while. I'm a bit of a lip balm junkie and I must admit that I really love this lip balm.

Cons: Gets rock solid in the winter, so it's not great during the winter. Although, I've found that if you take a tiny knife you can slice it up, mush it around in the pot, and it's easier to get out of the container that way. Also, it doesn't have spf.

Despite it getting rock solid in the winter, I LOVE this lip balm and will definitely be buying it again.

*EDIT* When I wrote this last Lip Service was in a completely different pot. I like the new tin MUCH better than the old plastic pot. I can stick this tin in my pocket no problem, whereas the old pot wouldn't fit. I took a brief break of a year or two from Lip Service while I sampled other lip balms, but I find myself coming back to it b/c it really is that good. It's not greasy or shiny and seems to sink into my lips as opposed to sitting on top of them. Yay for a great product!