August 30, 2014 | 1759 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Clinique - Repairwear- Intensive Eye Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by THEPookiemeister

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a sample size in a clinique gift thing...well i didn't expect too much since i have very oily but dry eyelids, bad dark circles...but used it @ night anyway...well I have to say this is the only thing that has ever worked for my eyelid discoloration AND dark circles!!!! this stuff has something that my eyes like, and this stuff lasts so long in the sample size. All I know is once i run out i am definitely buying!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by lincra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First the pluses: Very moisturizing but absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving a greasy feeling. The problem is as other reviewers have noted not really anything special that you couldn't find in a drugstore brand for cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by piniu

I tried the eye cream for a week, but found my eye area break out! I never break out from any other eye cream, EL, clarins, avon, garnier...After stopping using this product for a day, my zits around my eyes are gone immediately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

I have recently returned the advanced stop signs because it dried out my eyes and stung my eyes a lot (probably because of the spf), but I got the repairwair intensive eye cream to replace it and I am liking it so far. It really diminishes my dark undereye circles and reflects light so my eyes look bright. It is really creamy but absorbs well and doesn't dry out my skin. As for helping with fine lines, I haven't really noticed a significant change, but it does help a little and I like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 2:58:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm realistic when it comes to eye creams and do not expect any product to make a significant difference to lines and dark circles, particularly over a short period of time. Consequently, when I started using this cream a month ago after receiving it as a GWP, I didn't hold any grand expectations. My experience with it has been positive. The big plus is that it is intensely moisturising, without being greasy. It absorbs well when applied. It doesn't sting my eyes or otherwise irritate the skin. The skin around my eyes appears softer. Because it moisturises so well, it has proved to be a good base for concealer and foundation. I used Clinique's All About Eyes a few years ago (which I vaguely recall is more of a gel-like formulation) and Repairwear definitely seems to moisturise my delicate eye area far better. This is not a bad product at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by politicalpundit

I'm in my early 20's so I use eye cream as more of a preventative measure and also my under eyes tend to get dry and dulling looking with bags. This cream is okay, but I honestly don't see the difference between this and All About Eyes Rich (which is significantly cheaper! $50 cnd vs $37 cnd) This thoroughly moisturizes my under eyes and eye area, I wake up to brighter and more moisturized looking eyes. The bags from under my eyes are less noticeable. I don't really have major under eye circles but I do notice them to be a bit lighter when I wake up. I can use this during the day without a problem also. I won't repurchase because Clinique AAE rich does the same thing. EDIT: I stopped using this everynight, it is a little too rich and i began to get millia! I use this on a on and off basis now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by moyabean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't do much except lightly moisturize. I was hoping for something richer and more moisturizing that would work as a night cream. However, this does work well as a daytime undereye moisturizer and I believe it would be suitable as a day eye cream for all but the oiliest skins. I sometimes use it during the day to help thin out my powder concealer. I not sure I'd repurchase, though, because it's nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The SA threw this sample in my bag ( Every SA always gives me eye cream..should tell you I need help there). I have pre-mature aging around my eye near my cheeks, no crows feet. I think it's from not wearing sunglasses when I was younger. I've tried lots of eye creams. For puffiness, I use Yon-Ka Phyto contour. Nothing else will do to get rid of my morning bags. So I threw on the Repairwear at night to see if my lines would miraculously get better. Nothing has ever helped, so I was pessimistic. Well, was I surprised. My lines were still there, but greatly softened and lessened! It also was a great hydrator. I have very dry skin under my eyes. I've used it for 4 nights straight and same results. So even though it's not a miracle cream, it does work for me. So this at night, Yon-Ka in the morning!

I stopped using this for awhile because of skin barrier issues due to another product but I've slowly brought this back in my daily routine and really notice a difference in the lines under my eyes within a few uses. I think you have to use this everyday to get the full benefits. Itf you stop using, the wrinkles will come back. So consider this a temporary "fix" rather than something to make the wrinkle go away permantantly. I think the only thing that will do that is peels, dermabrasion and lasers. I think this cream is well worht the cost. It's a little pricier than some Clinique products but that little jar last awhile. I wish they would put it in a tube. that's my only gripe.

Update: After experimenting with other eye creams, I've come back to this one. It really does work very well in diminishing my lines. It's moisturizing, no dyes, no scents. I don't think it does much for dark circles, but my main concern is lines. So I'm now on my third jar. Until I find a miracle eye cream, this is my HG.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My eyes have dark circles and heavy baggage and too many smile wrinkles... and this product did nothing for them. I used it daily for a month and saw no difference, it worked like any other regular moisturizer *shrug*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My eyes react to eye creams pretty strongly. Essential oils, fragrances, etc. make them sting, and I'm allergic to shea butter (which is in most of the other Clinique eye cream's), plus I've yet to find an eye cream that didn't make my eyes really puffy the in the am. So for the six months or so, I've just being using a drop of avocado oil under my eyes which is working fairly well, but I keep looking for an eye cream, just in case there's something out there that works better. The thing I like about this eye cream compared to the other Clinique eye creams - is that is has the least amount of liquid plastic (silicones) in it. It does have a lot of ingredients, but 95% of them are antioxidants and amino acids. The sample I tried seemed very thick and difficult to spread -- I needed it to sit on my eyes for a few seconds to warm up before I could blend it in. Ultimately, I added some avocado oil to it, to help it be a little creamier, as well as help it be a little more emollient - because this is not emollient enough for me. Unfortunately, it did make my eyes pretty puffy the next day, so I'll be sticking with my avocado oil (health food store, food section).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No