November 28, 2014 | 1678 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by MissKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this locally whenever I get spots and find it works really well. I apply after exfoliating and cleansing, and yes, there is a bit of tingling but I like that because I feel like it's working. It does get rid of spots very quickly but I don't know if it's because I use too much of it or do it too often but I will get general redness sometimes, I think because it works hard to get spots it is a bit harsh on normal skin. I can fix the redness with a bit of the Avene recovery cream though and it's fine :) Am interested to know if any one puts this all over their whole face? How do you use it?

Will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Minelli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product to have on its own I believe, for skin that is mixed tending to oily and acne prone. I'm scatterbrain and often don't follow procedures, but using this alone (the chest gets this treatment because, oh well it's cold at night to wash it properly, yes that lazy) and there's a visible difference the next day! Everything that is wrong is a bit tamer. It's a bit drying though, so I use the hydration product to counter it.

By far, my favourite of the Cleanance line. Of course that will buy again and I hardly thing there will be anything that will work for me as much as this did.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by bagpuss21

I got a sample of this from boots and started to use it the same night, I washed my face as normal and applied it before going to bed...avoiding my eye and lip area. I was hoping for a chemical exfoliant effect and thats what i got. It did tinkle and sting a little (only on spots though) but i liked that feeling becouse it made me fell it was doing something. The next morning i washed my face and my skin looked brighter and felt softer...my spots where also alot better. I only use this at night, i couldnt imagine using this in the day under make up becouse its a strange feeling on your skin. I think its fab and after buying the full size of this and using it for 3 weeks now i am hooked, pores are smaller, tone is more even, dead skin gone and blackheads are less. Thumbs up all round from me..It was about 13 for the full size...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by comma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Okay, let me just say I had tried this product before and I was not super impressed but it worked well enough that I decided to try it again. I bought a new tube just over a month ago, and this time it said "new formula" on the package. New formula, indeed! The texture has been much improved. It is not as sticky as the old formula, nor does it flake so much after applying (I have successfully worn this during the day under liquid foundation, which is something I never would have attempted with the old formula). This new formula is definitely much more pleasant to use. It still has a bit of a scent. I wouldn't say it's bad...but it's not pretty or anything. It doesn't bother me though and it doesn't last for long. Because of the AHA/BHA, this product can sting a little bit once applied, but again, it doesn't last long and my skin has been building a tolerance for it.

Well, does it work? I have been using this product every night (more or less) for about a month now and I have definitely seen an improvement in my skin. My pores are smaller, my skin looks smoother, and my overall skintone is more even. I still get the occasional breakout but this seems to be keeping things at bay. I think it's working! Especially on my blackheads. This is pretty amazing, as nothing seems to get rid of them! I will keep using and update later :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by psicossomatica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using diacneal for 4 months and decided to try another AHA that feels more gentle in my skin.
Well it really do, it didnt make my skin reddish and no disconfort sensation as diacneal did after apply it,
but i didnt have the same good results on my skin (pores sizes, lovely skin texture, blackheads of my nose almost gone).
Now i came back to diacnel and use Cleanance K as a good
moisturizer /primer before makeup when i need.
Ideal as a maintenance product rather than a treatment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

This product claims to keep blackheads and zits at bay, with it's active ingredient,AHA a mild fruit acid that basically does a gentle job of exfoliating the skin. While I do not think this would be ideal as a pimple treatment, however it does a relatively good job at preventing zits from forming. Personally I only use this once a day, And noticed that my old scars seems to fade faster than usual and it does the job of keeping my skin clear. However, my sister whom suffers from dry skin does not seem to find a match with this product, it made her skin drier and redder than usual. So... My advice is t know your skin well before trying any products out there. If your skin can't stand exfoliation or any AHA products, then you might wanna consider another alternative. Ideal as a maintanence sorta product rather than a treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by asianchicka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I found that this product didn't help my acne at all so I stopped using it. Then about a week or so ago, I decided to give it another try. Keep in mind that I have very very sensitive, and acne-prone skin, I have found a routine that has helped me clear up my acne almost completely. I have the same routine for the morning and night, which is: wash face with Avene Cleanance AC Cleanser, tone with Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, then apply Avene Cleanance K, and lastly moisturize with Body Shop's Aloe Soothing Night Cream. In just a week and a half, my acne has cleared up so much and my skin is super smooth! So far this combination of products has not given me any reaction and has made my skin so much better and clearer!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by welldarling

As well as acne-prone, my skin is really sensitive. I thought avene would be the way forward.. It does feel really lovely on the skin, really silky soft. But it dried out my skin terribly, and I think that's what made my skin break out much more than before. It changed the texture too, and made it overall greasier and rough. What a disappointment! Perhaps worth a go if your skin is made of sterner stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by xxcookii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this product made me break out more .... made me look greasy when i put on it and after awhile it balls up. I used this for 2 months and later i stopped using it because it didnt help at all. This was also pretty expensive considering the size of the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by lewist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I generally have only whiteheads and blackheads and occasionally a few papules. I find it works on the whiteheads and my minor pimples, but not really on my blackheads. Like many, I suffered a breakout after using the product for about a week. I consulted a dermatologist and she told me that excessive exfoiliation (as AHA and BHA does) causes breakouts. After that, I now only use cleanance k twice a week, and nothing bad has happened so far. Overall an above average product.