Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

on 2/11/2011 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

EDIT 4/6/2011:
I've taken 2 lippies off as I stopped using this last week after slowly upping my usage to every evening. The 'purging' has never cleared, in fact it got worse, and I seem completely unable to get rid of the spots and clogged pores this caused despite adding in a spot treatment and tailoring my blend of cleansing oils to accommodate my changing skin. I'm now back on mandelic acid every evening and a good moisturiser in the morning but it is making little difference, I've gone from almost clear skin with a few blocked pores to chin full of pimples and clogged pores all over my cheeks, nose and forehead all of which are proving impossible to shift.

Original review 2/11/2011:
Currently I'm in two minds regarding this product and it is likely a little unfair of me to review it already as I've only been using it for a couple of weeks but my skin is now in the worst condition it has ever been in. I suppose you would put it down to 'purging' (though I'm not sure that skin works in that way), my chin is now covered in bumps with the occasional whitehead making an appearance and I have the same bumps and a cluster of blackheads in the hollows of my cheekbones which I've never had before.
I used to use mandelic acid to clear my blackheads but in the UK you can only order it online from one company and I had hoped this would basically do the same job but be more accessible. I had been using this every morning and forgoing moisturiser until the evening but given the current condition of my skin I'll be switching my routine up a bit and using this every other evening, adding back in mandelic acid for the nights in between (to help lessen the breakouts) and using a good moisturiser in the mornings.

I don't hate this product - the consistency is nice, the smell not too bad and the tingle when you put it on is actually quite satisfying - I just hope the breakout is part of the process rather than the result, I shall stick with it a while longer and update this review as things change.

on 2/10/2011 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Okay, I'm currently in love with this product because it seems that it's working very well for my skin. I have many little acne spots (not cystic acne though) on my cheek and lots of bumpy, little annoying whiteheads on my forehead and chin. I was a bit desperate w/ my skin condition because it wasn't like this. I used to have smooth and spot free skin back in my hometown Jakarta, Indonesia because I regularly go to the dermatologist and I use their skincare product.

However, since I move to Hong Kong my face started acting out, it seems that my skincare routine from my old dermatologist isn't suitable here. My skin broke out and have lots of acne spots. I know glycolic acid works best for me to get rid of acne but I haven't found OTC product with glycolic acid that works well for me. I tried several brands but it's just not that good (or not working).

Accidentally I found this product, bought it on a whim (together w/ diacneal), use it on the morning and night (my face is not sensitive and I use glycolc acid and AHA BHA product before, so I think my skin use to it already) and in just 2 days, my face improve quite significantly. Yes, it stings when you apply but it'll go away after a while. Some of my acne spots are fading, the little white bumps on my forehead are decreasing and my skin feel smoother. I didn't even wear concealer to the office this morning (usually I wear LOTS and LOTS of concealer to cover the spots), just foundation and I feel okay! My skin is a bit flaky but nothing that I can't handle.

My skincare routine: After I cleanse my face, I spray it with avene thermal water, use vit C serum, eye cream, Cleanance K (whole face and neck), diacneal (only on problem areas) and sunscreen (in the morning only).

So far so good, I will update the review for the progress. If you know that glycolic acid, or AHA BHA treatment is suitable for you, I truly recommend this product! (the price is quite OK too, I bought it for HKD190 or around USD25)

on 2/9/2011 11:48:00 PM

I use this locally whenever I get spots and find it works really well. I apply after exfoliating and cleansing, and yes, there is a bit of tingling but I like that because I feel like it's working. It does get rid of spots very quickly but I don't know if it's because I use too much of it or do it too often but I will get general redness sometimes, I think because it works hard to get spots it is a bit harsh on normal skin. I can fix the redness with a bit of the Avene recovery cream though and it's fine :) Am interested to know if any one puts this all over their whole face? How do you use it?

Will buy this again.

on 2/2/2011 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product to have on its own I believe, for skin that is mixed tending to oily and acne prone. I'm scatterbrain and often don't follow procedures, but using this alone (the chest gets this treatment because, oh well it's cold at night to wash it properly, yes that lazy) and there's a visible difference the next day! Everything that is wrong is a bit tamer. It's a bit drying though, so I use the hydration product to counter it.

By far, my favourite of the Cleanance line. Of course that will buy again and I hardly thing there will be anything that will work for me as much as this did.

on 1/24/2011 9:36:00 AM

I got a sample of this from boots and started to use it the same night, I washed my face as normal and applied it before going to bed...avoiding my eye and lip area. I was hoping for a chemical exfoliant effect and thats what i got. It did tinkle and sting a little (only on spots though) but i liked that feeling becouse it made me fell it was doing something. The next morning i washed my face and my skin looked brighter and felt softer...my spots where also alot better. I only use this at night, i couldnt imagine using this in the day under make up becouse its a strange feeling on your skin. I think its fab and after buying the full size of this and using it for 3 weeks now i am hooked, pores are smaller, tone is more even, dead skin gone and blackheads are less. Thumbs up all round from me..It was about £13 for the full size...

on 1/23/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Okay, let me just say I had tried this product before and I was not super impressed but it worked well enough that I decided to try it again. I bought a new tube just over a month ago, and this time it said "new formula" on the package. New formula, indeed! The texture has been much improved. It is not as sticky as the old formula, nor does it flake so much after applying (I have successfully worn this during the day under liquid foundation, which is something I never would have attempted with the old formula). This new formula is definitely much more pleasant to use. It still has a bit of a scent. I wouldn't say it's bad...but it's not pretty or anything. It doesn't bother me though and it doesn't last for long. Because of the AHA/BHA, this product can sting a little bit once applied, but again, it doesn't last long and my skin has been building a tolerance for it.

Well, does it work? I have been using this product every night (more or less) for about a month now and I have definitely seen an improvement in my skin. My pores are smaller, my skin looks smoother, and my overall skintone is more even. I still get the occasional breakout but this seems to be keeping things at bay. I think it's working! Especially on my blackheads. This is pretty amazing, as nothing seems to get rid of them! I will keep using and update later :)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I was using diacneal for 4 months and decided to try another AHA that feels more gentle in my skin.
Well it really do, it didnt make my skin reddish and no disconfort sensation as diacneal did after apply it,
but i didnt have the same good results on my skin (pores sizes, lovely skin texture, blackheads of my nose almost gone).
Now i came back to diacnel and use Cleanance K as a good
moisturizer /primer before makeup when i need.
Ideal as a maintenance product rather than a treatment.

on 12/16/2010 4:32:00 AM

This product claims to keep blackheads and zits at bay, with it's active ingredient,AHA a mild fruit acid that basically does a gentle job of exfoliating the skin. While I do not think this would be ideal as a pimple treatment, however it does a relatively good job at preventing zits from forming. Personally I only use this once a day, And noticed that my old scars seems to fade faster than usual and it does the job of keeping my skin clear. However, my sister whom suffers from dry skin does not seem to find a match with this product, it made her skin drier and redder than usual. So... My advice is t know your skin well before trying any products out there. If your skin can't stand exfoliation or any AHA products, then you might wanna consider another alternative. Ideal as a maintanence sorta product rather than a treatment.

on 11/30/2010 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

At first I found that this product didn't help my acne at all so I stopped using it. Then about a week or so ago, I decided to give it another try. Keep in mind that I have very very sensitive, and acne-prone skin, I have found a routine that has helped me clear up my acne almost completely. I have the same routine for the morning and night, which is: wash face with Avene Cleanance AC Cleanser, tone with Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, then apply Avene Cleanance K, and lastly moisturize with Body Shop's Aloe Soothing Night Cream. In just a week and a half, my acne has cleared up so much and my skin is super smooth! So far this combination of products has not given me any reaction and has made my skin so much better and clearer!

on 11/30/2010 3:54:00 PM

As well as acne-prone, my skin is really sensitive. I thought avene would be the way forward.. It does feel really lovely on the skin, really silky soft. But it dried out my skin terribly, and I think that's what made my skin break out much more than before. It changed the texture too, and made it overall greasier and rough. What a disappointment! Perhaps worth a go if your skin is made of sterner stuff.

Popular Treatments (Face)