April 17, 2014 | 925 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

This product claims to keep blackheads and zits at bay, with it's active ingredient,AHA a mild fruit acid that basically does a gentle job of exfoliating the skin. While I do not think this would be ideal as a pimple treatment, however it does a relatively good job at preventing zits from forming. Personally I only use this once a day, And noticed that my old scars seems to fade faster than usual and it does the job of keeping my skin clear. However, my sister whom suffers from dry skin does not seem to find a match with this product, it made her skin drier and redder than usual. So... My advice is t know your skin well before trying any products out there. If your skin can't stand exfoliation or any AHA products, then you might wanna consider another alternative. Ideal as a maintanence sorta product rather than a treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by asianchicka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I found that this product didn't help my acne at all so I stopped using it. Then about a week or so ago, I decided to give it another try. Keep in mind that I have very very sensitive, and acne-prone skin, I have found a routine that has helped me clear up my acne almost completely. I have the same routine for the morning and night, which is: wash face with Avene Cleanance AC Cleanser, tone with Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, then apply Avene Cleanance K, and lastly moisturize with Body Shop's Aloe Soothing Night Cream. In just a week and a half, my acne has cleared up so much and my skin is super smooth! So far this combination of products has not given me any reaction and has made my skin so much better and clearer!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by welldarling

As well as acne-prone, my skin is really sensitive. I thought avene would be the way forward.. It does feel really lovely on the skin, really silky soft. But it dried out my skin terribly, and I think that's what made my skin break out much more than before. It changed the texture too, and made it overall greasier and rough. What a disappointment! Perhaps worth a go if your skin is made of sterner stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by xxcookii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this product made me break out more .... made me look greasy when i put on it and after awhile it balls up. I used this for 2 months and later i stopped using it because it didnt help at all. This was also pretty expensive considering the size of the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by lewist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I generally have only whiteheads and blackheads and occasionally a few papules. I find it works on the whiteheads and my minor pimples, but not really on my blackheads. Like many, I suffered a breakout after using the product for about a week. I consulted a dermatologist and she told me that excessive exfoiliation (as AHA and BHA does) causes breakouts. After that, I now only use cleanance k twice a week, and nothing bad has happened so far. Overall an above average product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by spitfirejo

Like the review below, I was initially excited about this product and how it made my skin look and feel. However, within two weeks that excitement turned to disappointment as my skin broke out worse than ever. This feels great going on but does nothing for moderate acne (or severe). My sister whose acne is not as bad as mine was also disappointed. She saw no changes for better or worse. Her skin just stayed the same with a few nasty pimples popping up every week. Too bad. If you are someone who does not battle with acne than you might like this product since it is packed with AHA/BHA. But I will leave that for other reviewers to determine...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by soapiahh

Well. Long story short, I got this because I wanted an AHA product to compliment the acne.org regimen, and this was all I could find in my local priceline. Expensive!! $25 AU or something for 40mL. Anyway, for about a week, it cleared my skin rapidly- I was using this at night, and benzac 2.5% in the morning, with cetaphil wash and lotion. Things got signifigantly better and I was so happy, thinking I'd found a miracle cure (again), then I broke out on my forhead and inner cheeks (near my nose) in small red zits, which are finally clearing up after ditching this stuff and going back on the acne.org regimen full time. I had the same reaction with the cleanance K soapless gel cleanser- a clear up for a week, absolutley ecstatic, and then BAM breakout. Gahh.

I did give this a 3 lippie rating however, because my chest/back acne was quite bad at the time and it cleared that up very, very well and I haven't had a breakout with continued use on those areas, but when it runs out, I won't repurchase! It also did a semi-decent job of clearing the keratosis pilaris on my back.

People complain about the smell, but I have to admit I kind of like it, now I'm used to it. It is tacky on, so use it at night. Advice? Purchase with caution, don't get too excited about the immediate results and monitor your progress carefully.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by xenobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is FAR from being cosmetically elegant. It is very tacky on my combination skin and was impossible to deal with when sleeping - kept sticking to my pillow. Anyhow, it DOES work, but for the cost and effort, I for one will use BHA and AHA products separately - until I find a product combines the two in a formulation that sinks into the skin. I currently rotate BHA, AHA and retinol on different nights and this regimen works best for me in keeping both acne and fine lines far far away :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this product because my dermatologist told me to, and it actually works great for me! he told me that the less you put on your skin the better! i have very oily skin and some whiteheads on my forehead and chin and, according to him, its because of all the crap i use on my face,but obviously i can't live without my makeup. so i started spending a little bit more money on the products i use and my skin got better. i use YSL foundation with MAC blot powder and MAC blush on top, and the second i get home i wash my face so my skin is able to breathe. i'm also using some medicins my dermatologist recommended. at night i use Peroxiben 10% (with benzoil peroxid), and in the morning i use zineryt (with erythromycin and zinc) and actidox pills.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by t03y03l

Bad for my face....(sorry I don't know why but it purge my acne so bad)

But excellent for my back acne, I have trouble skin on my back too, acne and discoloration because acne spot, since i use it (I use it on my back because it's quite expensive if i just throw it away). My back acne slowly calm down, became smooth and get rid of spot too..... so the 4 lippies is for my back acne ..;P