MAC Sheertone Blush in Peachykeen

4.4

Ingredients List: Talc, Octyldodecyl Steroyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Zeolite, Otyldodecanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, BHT, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocynide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) .

on 8/18/2010 1:59:00 PM

This is a nice peachy, pinky blush with just a little bit of gold shimmer to it. Even though I'm pretty fair, I can still pull off its warmer undertones. I find this blush to be decently pigmented too, so a little bit goes a long way. The staying power is good too and it doesn't smudge or rub off. I think I may buy this again!

on 8/6/2010 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this blush for the summer as I wanted something brighter than Dainty for a summer glow on my NC25-30 skin. This achieved that better than I could've ever imagined and I will def be re-purchasing! I didn't think this would ever be something I would like because of the sheertone shimmer finish. I was of the opinion that if I was going to spend a substantial amount of $ that I wanted more "bang" for my buck and that with STS finish, I'd prob have to use alot of product, therefore, wasting $. After swatching in the store, I decided to try it and I'm so glad I did. The shimmer is subtle enough to give you the perfect glow and the color is a perfect match. I've never tried Nars so I can't compare, but I will say I love the pink peach color and it has a permanent spot in my palette. Beautiful!

on 7/27/2010 2:15:00 PM

I've been using this for years! I find that it gives me a more natural looking blush and the shimmer is fairly subtle and provides a nice finish. I apply a little more when I'm tanned (I'm asian btw) and it looks great, makes my cheeks look like I have a natural peach like colour on my blush as opposed to looking over done.

on 7/22/2010 1:39:00 AM

First things first, I'm one of those fair ethnics with warm undertones who is constantly on the search for blushes that give me a subtle 'flushed' look. MAC peachykeen does just that. It's beautiful for one layer application for a soft cute look (and with a brush you can blend and blend and blend), and then you can layer some more to your liking (for tanned skin).

It goes on smoothly that you can't even feel any grain. The amount is decent enough for the price ($18 .21oz) and gives a look anyone can be pleased with. I imagine this blush looks amazing from fair to tan colored skin. The price, compared to other high end cosmetics is agreeable to me. For those looking for cheaper NARs blushes alternatives, for the price and quality, MAC is the way to go.

I had one the MU artists at the MAC counter try this on me. I wanted to compare it to my NARS Deep Throat blush. On my skin, it's a little bit more peach than my Deep Throat, but pretty damn close. I had Deep Throat on one cheek and Peachykeen on the other. Honestly, if I didn't know which was which, I probably wouldn't be able to tell. It's a pink/peach and shimmery on the skin, I thought it was so pretty! I deducted one lipstick because the shimmer can be a little much. If you want a cheaper version of this blush, I would definitely try the E.L.F. Bronze/Blush duo.

I'm on the fence about this product. This is the first and only MAC blush I own, and it was recommended to me by the SA. While it is a gorgeous peachy bronze color in the pan, it doesn't look right on my skin. It gives the impression that my skin is "dirty." However, I do not wear blush on a regular basis so the problem might lie with my application as opposed to the product itself.

It has taken me forever to get around to writing this product's review, but I'm actually glad I have it some time... my feelings about this product have changed just a bit since I first tried it out.

I originally would have given it a 4. I really, really liked it initially... but, like everyone else on this site (mostly!), I figured there were other fish in the sea. I went on a maaaajor blush kick and bought lots of different ones, and they were, well... just fine. Then I revisited this one the other day for the first time in a month. WOW! I really saw the vast difference between all of the "meh" blushes and this one. I looked prettier! The color is just the most perfect peachy-pinky-corally for me (NW15). A lot of people compare this to Orgasm and I can see the similarities (I love Orgasm, too, BTW), but this color is somehow deeper and sheerer at the same time. Less noticeable shimmer than Orgasm, and similar lasting power. Texture is great; it glides on so smoothly. The best part is the pigmentation; all I need to do is tap my brush on the pan once for each cheek and blend. Though I would definitely repurchase if I had to... I will probably never run out. It's gonna last FOREVER.

I'd marry this color if I could!

on 6/21/2010 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this in the Holiday '09 Collection that also comes with Pretty Baby Beauty Powder and Sunsparked Pearl. It is at the CCOs for $25. It is a pretty peach color. I find that it is more coral than NARS Orgasm. I personally prefer Orgasm over this blush though because I like how Orgasm is more pink.

on 6/13/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really like peachykeen although I thinks its a little to sheer to wear alone because im really tan right now, I actually layer this over the blush on the top right corner from the coastal scents 10 blush pallete and it looks really nice!

on 6/7/2010 12:48:00 PM

The color of peachykeen is sooooo beautiful. On my skin (nc25) it's a little more rosy than corally. This was my first Mac blush I ever bought, and I have collected a lot over the years, but I realized the shimmers are not cute on someone who is 19 years old. You don't wanna look like a teen with sparkles on your face.

Downfall-
-staying power was mediocre. It rubbed off easily.
-Too much shimmer for my liking (Shimmers were big and obvious) (Even though it IS sheertone shimmer)

Overall, the color is looks amazing, but still searching for one with good staying power and less shimmer.

Popular Blush Products