Shiseido Facial Cotton

4.8

on 9/29/2011 1:25:00 AM

Not much to say other than it is the best facial cotton you can buy. It makes drugstore facial cotton seem like a combination of cardboard and sandpaper. You can't go back once you start using these. I mean, you will literally refuse to use anything else.
The price is completely justified and actually reasonable, you get a massive amount and the quality will blow your mind. You spend a lot of time, money and effort on your skin, why would you be cheap with something that physically rubs your face? Needless to say, I absolutely love them.
The only (minor) problem is the packaging, it's like a maxi pad bag and can't be resealed. I wish I could get them in the lovely box in the photo.

on 9/29/2011 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've seen these for a couple of years now and decided to finally get it. I was one of those people that thought that the usual cotton balls/ pads from the drugstore were fine and that these weren't necessary.

Well, I bought it as an impulse buy one day and it was the best thing I've ever bought~! I heard that these were great for the toner products because they absorb less of the product, and the claim is true. I've used less of a toner bottle because of this.

This thing is great for applying liquid skincare items. Although it says cotton, it's not very absorbent so I wouldn't use it to dry something up.

on 9/29/2011 12:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Ok, most people bring up the price (about $ 10) for a pack of these. Sure, you can find cotton at the drugstore for $ 3 but that is an 80 count bag. In this package you get around 160-170. So, it is a few bucks more but not dramatic. The quality is great. Recently I had to pick up some cotton rounds at the drug store because I wasn't near a shiseido counter, and I notice that I have more dead skin on my face which is effecting my foundation. That sounds gross I know, but I think these cottons lightly exfoliated my skin which the cheap drugstore ones are not. I cannot prove this but I have noticed and that is all I have changed. After I use these up I may go back to the Shiseido brand or perhaps try some other brands from over seas as I believe Japan makes the best facial cottons so far that I have used.

on 9/17/2011 9:55:00 PM

Nothing compares to this. Most cotton pads are rough and absorb so much product. It feels so luxurious (on the eyes especially) So worth the price

on 8/20/2011 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let's say...I will never use other cotton pads ever again! I have been using these for a very long time. These are so soft and gentle on the eyes. It soaks up just the right amount of products and it doesn't fall apart. You'll need to try it to understand that these are so worth the price.

on 8/15/2011 12:03:00 PM

duper soft!

on 7/27/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

pillowy soft...is exactly how i would describe these pads. These are definitely are in a class of their own. They don't soak up my toner as regular drugstore cotton balls/pads would & they just feel so nice on your face. So that's my justification for spending more on these. I didn't think that a cotton pad can get this nice, but i am a believer now

on 6/21/2011 12:23:00 AM

The best. HG of cotton pads, that's for sure! 8 bucks canadian is actually a very good price for the amount of cotton pads you have in this package. i used to think it was expensive until i realized that i'm really saving my skin by not using those cheap cardboard like cotton pads! An absolute MUST for anyone who applies toner on their face 1-2 times per day!

I do wish they had better packaging though. I always have to transfer them to a container so it's more convenient and nicer to look at.

on 6/20/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I looooooooove this. I don't like the packaging they shoud change it. I do have a question are the ones from the asia store the same quality?
They are cheaper. Just wondering

on 5/11/2011 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Overall, great cotton. It soaks up less of the product so more of the product goes on your face. It's incredibly soft. I cut mine in half and use it with Shiseido's White Lucent Brightening Toning Lotion. I think it's a bit expensive for cotton ($9.50 USD). I would like to see this in a more practical container as the package I purchased needs to be cut open, but cannot be resealed. Since it is on the pricey side for cotton, I use this only with toner and nothing else. When I run out, I would definitely purchase again.

Popular Face Skincare Products