September 24, 2014 | 1465 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Blankety

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by jess2160

After reading the good reviews of this product, I was so tempting to try this. I really wanted to like this color. When I swatched it on my hand, its a pretty pink color. But when I apply it on my lips, it looks like a grey pink mauve color. It makes my face looking pale and like a sick person. It just didn't look good on me and the formula is very drying too. Will not re-purchase this.

Edited: -
I found a way to apply Blankety i.e. apply The Bodyshop Cocoa Butter lipbalm (my new found HG lipbalm) on my lips before applying Blankety. It looks much better now and I no longer look like a sick person :) I've no idea why the lipbalm plays such an important role but it really does and has changed my entire view about Blankety.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by hell_on_heels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Blankety is my eternal go-to for pairing with a super smoky eye for evening. A little nude liner underneath and that's it - no gloss on top. The perfect not-at-all pink nude for my NW20 complexion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I purchased this as it looked similar to The Faerie Glen, but is not in the least. It is more of a beige nude than pink nude on my lips, which is good, as it has no peach or warm undertones. This works well when patted on, rather than swiped on. I love topping this with Korres Jasmine Lipbutter, or even Plum lipbutter. Both give me nice shades that compliment my NC20-25 skintone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

I'm on the fence with Blankety. I like it and think it's a very pretty color, I just never reach for it very often. Sometimes on me (NC20-25ish with dark brunette hair) it looks almost too dark pink, like too mauve-plum. It is a very lovely color, and I have no issues with wear or scent or anything, but it just isn't the one I reach for most. If I carry this and Hue in my makeup bag, I will 9 times out of 10 reach for Hue. I definitely don't regret purchasing this, but don't know if I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Fulled bodies nude with slight plum undertone. LOVES

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by chari55a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this MAC lipstick! i used to only wear estee lauder's crystal baby but since i ran out of it and the store no longer carry it, i thought i might just try Blankety out.
im glad i did. i've got really dry lips but i put a lipbalm as a base always so i don't have problems with Blanekty being chalky. im a NC20 and this fits pretty well. a real yet pretty nude colour for me.
have repurchased and will buy it again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by LovelyStars

a great to go nude lipstick. doesnt feel that drying. gives a very nice nudey colour to the lips, yet it won't wash you out. love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by MSEMR2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've noticed this color doesn't look the same on everyone, so the pictures posted are slightly misleading. This color is more plum on me, than on some of the more fair ladies. But I still like this lipstick. The pigmentation is awesome, but this lipstick only really stands out once a gloss is applied. I personally love MAC's Frankly Fresh over it. I would recommend this lipstick, but I would advice everyone to buy a complementary lipgloss to go over it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is NOT a nude shade, despite the name - Its actually very pigmented and quite dark on my lips, even with myth underneath as a base. Not pleasant a a shade as it has a rather odd undertone...greyish almost and not flattering to my skintone. Very misleading shade colour.......as another reviewer suggested, try and make it to the MAC counter to swatch and swipe their lippies as the names mislead and these are NOT cheap lipsticks. I sometimes think that MAC live on the fame of one lipstick of theirs - The famed 'Myth' which is a favourite of mine which I always come back to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first nude! I'm not a nude colour girl, but I caved after my obsession with Kim Kardashian & her always gorgeous makeup got the better of me. It's a little brown than nudish pink in the tube, however on the lips it's the same, just less of such a brown tint, though it's still there. The nice thing however, is that you can pop on a pale gloss on top & tailor it to your desired colour. Kinda works like a base, kinda...ish.