MAC Blankety

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 5/29/2011 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Looking for a nude lipstick? Look no further. Doesn't matter what your skintone, IMO, it has the potential to work. I've seen dark skin rock it, pale skin and me - deep olive C40.

On my "pigmented" lips, this shows up super nude, with a pink/mauve hue with the slightest grey-ish tone but in a flattering way!!! Hope that makes sense. In other words, it doesn't look like chalk on my lips (a sign that the colour is just too light), it doesn't look ashy or make me look dead. Yes it's a cool/greyish pink hue NUDE, but it still keeps my face alive and THAT IS THE KEY.

This is perfect for anyone who thought Siss, Cherish, Freckletone, Hug Me, Velvet Teddy and possibly others just weren't the right nude look. I own all the aforementioned lippies and whilst some are nice (Freckletone) some just plain FAIL as a nude (Cherish - too bright/coral) or the formula has them sliding off and looking like plain vaseline in 30secs (Hug Me) and so on and so forth.

For me, this is the most nude I would ever go, and ONLY works with heavy eye makeup, without it then - yes - you will look slightly weird.... Anyway, it gives you that lush, sexy, smouldering look - the formula is so perfect, your lips will look juicy and glossy, not the dead matte effect like others (Velvet Teddy). It looks creamy, smooth, and with a warmer pink gloss over the top you will have the "Hunt for HG nude" finally over!!!!

Reading the reviews I thought this was gonna be all wrong for my complexion, it seemed suited to those between NC20-30. But I love it. If you're not 100% sure, go into a store with a smokey eye one day and get it applied just to see how you look. I would say this is perfect for anyone wanting a sexy nude lip look for a night out. L-O-V-E.

on 5/26/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have NC25 skintone and this shade perfectly match me. I does not was me out. It has a slight pink shade in it..

I have a very dry lips and this makes my lips look healthy. It is an amplified creme so it is not too drying and it is very pigmented. I love lustre, cremesheen, and amplified creme finishes. They are very moisturizing. Overall, I recommend this. I would definitely buy again.. and i have to say bye to all drugstore lipsticks. I feel like they do not compare. I bought so much drugstores too which is a waste.. I could have used it to buy more high end makeup.

on 5/24/2011 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

ehhh its ok but not great this was my first mac lipstick and i cant wear it alone i need a gloss over it :/

on 5/22/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This such a bad color. At least on me.I use nude colors sometimes but this one just washes you out. really a bad color

I really liked this at first, however, the more I wore it, less I began to like it. It makes my lips look slightly "muddy" and I feel like the texture of the lipstick is way too heavy for me. It feels like I am literally slapping clay onto my lips, and that's kind of what it looks like. It is okay with a lipgloss over it, but I dislike it alone. I feel like the colour is a little off on me, and it doesnt look as good on me as it does on other people. I would NOT repurchase.

on 5/14/2011 11:28:00 PM

I love those pamela anderson nude lips with the slight brown tones. This is what blankety is on me! its sexy as hell. im nw20 with slightly pigmented lips & blankety is pretty opaque on me. i like this way better than myth i will buy this again

on 5/1/2011 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

LOVE this with Spirited Lipglass...it creates the look I've been searching for...nude but glowing!

on 4/10/2011 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like to wear this when I wear dramatic eye make up and fake eyelashes . This color is great to cover up pink lips and make them really nude. Great for a night out ! As seen in my pic I uploaded

Meh. I'd heard such great things about this, and loved it in the store, but on me it just looks kind of... gray? Claylike? Not very flattering (I'm an NW20). I also found the formula super drying, so add some nice dry lips into the mix. My lips looked pretty rubbish after using this! I did find a decent l/g from L'Oreal called Rich Pink which is very similar but somehow much more flattering and easy to use (not to mention cheaper - on sale!), so I'll stick to that.

on 3/30/2011 3:12:00 AM

After reading the good reviews of this product, I was so tempting to try this. I really wanted to like this color. When I swatched it on my hand, its a pretty pink color. But when I apply it on my lips, it looks like a grey pink mauve color. It makes my face looking pale and like a sick person. It just didn't look good on me and the formula is very drying too. Will not re-purchase this.

Edited: -
I found a way to apply Blankety i.e. apply The Bodyshop Cocoa Butter lipbalm (my new found HG lipbalm) on my lips before applying Blankety. It looks much better now and I no longer look like a sick person :) I've no idea why the lipbalm plays such an important role but it really does and has changed my entire view about Blankety.

Popular Lipsticks