October 31, 2014 | 904 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by kbur084

ABSOLUTELY REVOLTING!!!. i bought this wanting to try something new, and when i smelled the samples at the lush store it doesnt smell that overwhelming.... put it on youre face and woah! garlicy gasoline all over youre face. It made me want to vomit, especially washing it off in the shower afterwards, the heat from the warm water made a much stronger smell and the texture of it was very slimey when i was trying to rinse it off. The smell of garlic also lingers on youre face and hands, its so disguisting. I havent noticed any real changes in my skin, ive used it about three times now thinking ill get used to the smell and washing it off but it just makes me want to vomit everytime i use it so i gave the rest of this away. Would not reccomend! get Love Lettuve instead if you want a facemask from lush -.-'

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Not that impressed with it. I always wanted to try something from Lush, and I'm an acne-prone, oily skinned gal so this seemed like a good fit or at least what the lady recommended. I don't know. I've tried it twice and didn't notice anything different that any other mask could have done. No, the scent isn't pleasant. I wouldn't mind it if the mask showed any benefits, but I'm not seeing anything that great. It's funny because it's not a sharp, in your face smell, it's almost faint, but since it's sitting on your face for 10 minutes, it gets to me! It does feel good when you apply since it's cold from being in the fridge and it's not as drying as some clay masks, so that's something to take into consideration. I'm definitely not getting it again though- I'm struggling to use this. And it definitely has a shelf-life- 2 weeks? That can be good or bad. I might just get rid of it. It can be expensive for the actual amount that you get and I need to be more impressed and excited about putting something on my face. Wish I liked it more!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jillheartsmakeup

cons:
-smelt like a mixture of wet dog and tea tree oil
pros:
-got rid of my redness
-made my face soft
-was inexpensive
-one pot will last quite a while

i would definately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by solongmarianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have just cleared it from my skin a few minutes ago for the first time, to be frank it wasn't miraculous, yet it took almost all of the redness away from my skin. The smell is really creepy, but it isn't garlicky, it smells like a gas station, which is not nice, to make it easier for yourself, I suggest you smell a bottle of Vicks vaporub while using the mask, it really soothes the smell, another thing to note down is that you need to use a toner after washing it off because the smell does not vanish without it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So...I was shying away from this because people were saying how bad it stinks but it really doesn't. It smell a lot like Tea Tree, which doesn't bother me but I don't smell the garlic at all. So anyways, I tried this for the first time yesterday and I really like it. I was babysitting my niece who is 5 weeks old and she scratched the living daylights out of my face. You know, that lovely raised, red look to it. Anyways, I did CW that night and my scratch looks 100 times better! I was so happy about that! Overall it also left my face super soft. This and Cat. Cosmetic are my two fav summer masks from here on out! I think CW is also so much better thank Cupcake, plus to ME that one stinks!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by smorean

My face tends to freak out when I get stressed, so I use this. The Cosmetic Warrior mask from Lush really calms down any spotting or redness. It keeps for over a week, so I use it daily during those times, just before bed, and once you accumulate five of these empty pots you can trade them in for a free mask from Lush! Awesome! I kind of like the smell. Just know it's a 'working' mask that does its job and really affects your skin, not so much a 'fun with your gal pals' kind of mask that should be silly and smell good. I'm a regular user and huge fan of this mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by bree153215

SOO great!!!!

I use this everyday over my entire face after washing with the body shop tea tree clenser and let me tell you I noticed immediate results when I started using this face mask with my body shop tea tree line. My blemishes and red bumps have completely disapeared and I leaves my skin feeling soothed and soft.

The only down fall is the smell but I deal with it because of my amazing results.

(And I know some of you are probably like your not supposed to use a face mask everyday but I asked a sales associate and she said it was perfectly fine to use THIS mask everyday because it is all natural and non abrasive)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by lizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mask. It is so inexpensive (I get around 5 usages out of it, which I stretch out over 3~4 weeks) and feels great. I use it over LUSH's Saving Face serum as recommended by several SAs. I typically leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water. My skin looks so glowy afterward, has less redness as usual, and feels really healthy and soft.

Even though I'm a big fan of this product, though, sometimes it seems like it doesn't have too much in the way of long-term effects. It definitely helps when my skin is having a major freakout, and right after using it my skin always looks great, but if I just use it on a day when my skin is pretty normal, it doesn't really make any major improvements. If I used it every night, my results might be different. In any case, it's amazing for balancing out skin during big breakouts or other stress.

The smell is pretty terrible--kind of a moist, garlicky scent--but I don't really let that bother me. It's a great product for combination, acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this twice and I both times it kick started my gag reflex in a big way, I'm not normally sensitive to aromas and am certainly not one to make an issue of it but this was just too much - or too wrong a mix of smells - for me and I couldn't use it again which wasn't too much of an issue as I didn't find it helped my skin out either though I appreciate 2 uses doesn't yield long term results I do expect a face mask to achieve something even after one use. There's not really much more to say, I didn't like it and I didn't notice it doing anything so I would not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

I bought LUSH's Cosmetic Warrior after questioning the salesperson on what face mask she would recommend for acne breakouts. In truth, I wasn't going into the store specifically for this product as I have done my research the day earlier for face masks, but somewhere in her tone of voice, the product sounded good, so I got it. The first time I used Cosmetic Warrior I emptied it out well and it helped fade my impurities. The second purchase I've made, it did nothing. Tell me why I should use this product when the effects varies so often? I would like to own consistent products! Must've ran out of ingredients or bad portioning or something with the one made by the second person. Too inconsistent with the effects! I actually broke out with #2 but have healed ever since I quit it. Not a miracle worker or recommended for people with sensitive skin.