December 22, 2014 | 914 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by bailuli

This is my first product from Lush (although I also bought Angels on Bare Skin at the same trip, but haven't used that yet) and to be honest, I'm pretty impressed!

I have super oily skin and a lot of redness and bumps from a recent bout of allergic reaction to Tide. just as the Tide breakout was moving off (tho still red bumps), a test use of a sample of Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua (lovely texture and finish, but gives me a mass of white heads/breakout...) caused some inflammation.

Decided to give this a try, and after washing it off, I was really surprised! the redness from my Tide allergy as well as the small bumps and redness from Chanel were super faded and it left my face very soft as well. I can't tell how well this result lasted tho as I was stupid enough to use the Chanel sample for two more days after, which caused another mass of white heads -_-;;; But in any case, I believe this mask does do quite a bit toward reducing redness and acne/breakouts, as well as soften the skin.

one lippie off for the smell however. Others here said it smelled like garlic and/or gasoline...to me it smelled like Garlic Artichoke Dip. in other words, from now on either i'm never going to salivate after garlic artichoke dip again, or i'd want to slather it all over my face instead of eating it. .___.

the mask also is quite bumpy/not smooth, in that it has chunks of...whatever it is (I wanna call it artichoke bits, even though I know it's probably garlic and/or whatever they put in there, and not artichoke lol) causing it to not spread that evenly. it also dries/sets surprisingly fast so you wont have a lot of time to spread it. not a big deal for me, but i was surprised at the texture.

i will repurchase since it works so well for my skin, even if i can barely stand the scent. like someone else recced, might be good idea to keep something else that smells good handy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by healthymom646

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love to use masks but i never found one that i was really satisfied with....i have dry skin and i needed a treatment....i found the Antioxidant Berry Masque from Lady Soma to be super helpful and i use it all the time now...i always recommend this to my friends..i'm very happy with them...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by hersupernature

Cosmetic Warrior is water-based, smells great (herbal-y and fresh) and does a wonderful job at deep-cleaning and brightening the face. I'm not sure how well it's helping my acne, but it definitely works wonders in other ways.
CW is $5.95 for a small pot, which should last around 5-10 masks depending on how liberal you are with the product - a thin layer seems to work absolutely fine.
Would definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by kbur084

ABSOLUTELY REVOLTING!!!. i bought this wanting to try something new, and when i smelled the samples at the lush store it doesnt smell that overwhelming.... put it on youre face and woah! garlicy gasoline all over youre face. It made me want to vomit, especially washing it off in the shower afterwards, the heat from the warm water made a much stronger smell and the texture of it was very slimey when i was trying to rinse it off. The smell of garlic also lingers on youre face and hands, its so disguisting. I havent noticed any real changes in my skin, ive used it about three times now thinking ill get used to the smell and washing it off but it just makes me want to vomit everytime i use it so i gave the rest of this away. Would not reccomend! get Love Lettuve instead if you want a facemask from lush -.-'

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Not that impressed with it. I always wanted to try something from Lush, and I'm an acne-prone, oily skinned gal so this seemed like a good fit or at least what the lady recommended. I don't know. I've tried it twice and didn't notice anything different that any other mask could have done. No, the scent isn't pleasant. I wouldn't mind it if the mask showed any benefits, but I'm not seeing anything that great. It's funny because it's not a sharp, in your face smell, it's almost faint, but since it's sitting on your face for 10 minutes, it gets to me! It does feel good when you apply since it's cold from being in the fridge and it's not as drying as some clay masks, so that's something to take into consideration. I'm definitely not getting it again though- I'm struggling to use this. And it definitely has a shelf-life- 2 weeks? That can be good or bad. I might just get rid of it. It can be expensive for the actual amount that you get and I need to be more impressed and excited about putting something on my face. Wish I liked it more!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jillheartsmakeup

cons:
-smelt like a mixture of wet dog and tea tree oil
pros:
-got rid of my redness
-made my face soft
-was inexpensive
-one pot will last quite a while

i would definately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by solongmarianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have just cleared it from my skin a few minutes ago for the first time, to be frank it wasn't miraculous, yet it took almost all of the redness away from my skin. The smell is really creepy, but it isn't garlicky, it smells like a gas station, which is not nice, to make it easier for yourself, I suggest you smell a bottle of Vicks vaporub while using the mask, it really soothes the smell, another thing to note down is that you need to use a toner after washing it off because the smell does not vanish without it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So...I was shying away from this because people were saying how bad it stinks but it really doesn't. It smell a lot like Tea Tree, which doesn't bother me but I don't smell the garlic at all. So anyways, I tried this for the first time yesterday and I really like it. I was babysitting my niece who is 5 weeks old and she scratched the living daylights out of my face. You know, that lovely raised, red look to it. Anyways, I did CW that night and my scratch looks 100 times better! I was so happy about that! Overall it also left my face super soft. This and Cat. Cosmetic are my two fav summer masks from here on out! I think CW is also so much better thank Cupcake, plus to ME that one stinks!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by smorean

My face tends to freak out when I get stressed, so I use this. The Cosmetic Warrior mask from Lush really calms down any spotting or redness. It keeps for over a week, so I use it daily during those times, just before bed, and once you accumulate five of these empty pots you can trade them in for a free mask from Lush! Awesome! I kind of like the smell. Just know it's a 'working' mask that does its job and really affects your skin, not so much a 'fun with your gal pals' kind of mask that should be silly and smell good. I'm a regular user and huge fan of this mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by bree153215

SOO great!!!!

I use this everyday over my entire face after washing with the body shop tea tree clenser and let me tell you I noticed immediate results when I started using this face mask with my body shop tea tree line. My blemishes and red bumps have completely disapeared and I leaves my skin feeling soothed and soft.

The only down fall is the smell but I deal with it because of my amazing results.

(And I know some of you are probably like your not supposed to use a face mask everyday but I asked a sales associate and she said it was perfectly fine to use THIS mask everyday because it is all natural and non abrasive)