August 20, 2014 | 1084 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was always using honey as ONE OF the ingredients in my face or hair masks (like: oats, honey, yogurt, lemon, greek yogurt, etc), but never tried it by itself.
The best is to use raw, organic, unpasteurized honey, however, almost any raw honey will do. Sometimes it can be mixed with other ingerdients, like lemon (for brightening) oats, cinnamon or turmeric. All these ingredients are natural and great for skincare.
In addition, honey helps reduce inflammation and redness. Because of the humectants in it, honey is also moisturizing, unlike many acne products that can dry out the skin. I use it every day for about 10 - 30 min., but it can also be left on for much longer.
If anyone has acne prone skin, try mixing honey with cinnamon, fresh lemon juice and oatmeal. Leave the mixture on for 20 to 30 min. and then remove with warm water. You will see the results right away.
Another mask to make: grate 1/2 apple and mix with 2 tbsp. of honey. Leave on for 10 min. and rinse off. This mask also helps with skin tone.
I also like honey with cinnamon. Like honey, cinnamon has anti-microbial properties and can halt the growth of bacteria too. I use: 3 tbsp. honey with 1 tsp. cinnamon powder and leavethe mixture on face for 30-50 min. before rinsing it off with warm water.

So far I am using regular raw, unpasteurized honey but I will try Manuka honey as it has even better antiseptic benefits.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by evilxelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, honey. How you sadden me so. Honey makes my skin glow more than any man has ever achieved. It is moisturizing, calms red skin and helps with flakiness. Unfortunately, I always seem to get a cyst or two after I use it. Sad face.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After doing some research (watching videos, reading the blogs, consulting MUA, acne.org etc), I decided to embrace ACV toning. After enjoying the results from that, I took the plunge and went au naturale with my skin care- I currently wash my face with raw honey, tone with ACV (my skin can handle it straight, but I seem to read frequently that a 1:1 ratio is popular. I did mine with green tea for two weeks and had no bad results), and moisturize with two to three drops of jojoba oil after dampening my face slightly with water (helps spread it).

I love the use of honey! I have been using honey since September 12th, 2012 (I had to look at my prior reviews to make sure; today is 10/17/2012), and the results have been great. My skin looks fuller, more even, and is less stripped after washing with honey. This is not a miracle cure however, as I have been using it for a month and a week, but IT IS helping and that in itself is enough for me to keep using it.

What I do is slightly dampen my face (this helps with spreading- don't leave too much water on your face or the honey will drip), and then I scoop up say...two teaspoons or so of honey and slather it on and let it sit. Sometimes I just wash and rinse if I'm short on time, which works well too. Afterwards, if it's in the morning or something and I'm getting ready for class/whatever I'm doing, I just go about my business; I'll make food, get my stuff together, pick out an outfit, and then go rinse. My face does not look red or dry, and it does not break out (I will caveat that with I do get pimples, but maybe one or two VERY small ones rarely...like once or twice a month if that).

I find that honey helps with healing any blemishes I have, and I believe in combination with the ACV toner and jojoba oil has eliminated the white heads on my forehead. I also like to run my hands through my hair after using the jojoba oil on my face because it helps with frizz.

I currently use "Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Wholesome Health Raw Honey". It comes in a clear container with a yellow lid. The honey is not clear at all, has the enzymes, vitamins etc, and is yellowish in color. I find the taste is better too (I like to mix mine with tea). I bought it at Sprouts for I believe $8. My only complaint is it is in a tub, but it does not leak so it isn't too bothersome.

Skin care for me is a trial and error process. Do your research, test new products, and be patient. All natural methods may not work for everyone, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try. For people who suffer from pimples/acne in general, I feel like trying a new product is a chance you should take. Don't give up. You truly have everything to gain if a product does end up working for you.

Update 2/06/2013: Ultimately I had to quit using honey on my face because it was not strong enough for my skin to keep me from breaking out. While I enjoyed the glow I would get from it after using it, it was not effective enough for me. Perhaps manuka honey may be a better bet for people looking to use honey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough good things about honey! I generally have good skin however, I tend to get spots of surface redness from time to time. I usually get them under my nose and on my cheeks. They come and go mostly from exercising and/or being outdoors in the wind and cold. I find nothing really helps my redness out in the skincare world. so, out of curiosity, I slathered plain old honey on my face during a red spell and left it on for 30 minutes. After I rinsed, I was amazed to see the red spots were gone! My face was so calm and smooth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My god, I can't say enough good things about honey. I've been using cheap generic brand honey (plan to upgrade to raw honey once I'm out of that, as I've heard it works better) as a face mask 15 to 20 minutes each day, morning and night. I just go on my computer and satisfy my internet addiction while I let it do the work. My breakouts are nearly gone: I used to have anywhere from 1 to 4 angry big bright red pimples on my face at any given time, and now I have PERFECT skin with no blemishes aside from an itty bitty red spot or two that lasts a few hours instead on rare occasions. I've been doing this for a month now and for the most part, I've weaned myself off of harsh cleansers. My skin is less oily and more radiant. I don't even feel the need to wear foundation anymore! I do use BB cream, but only for the SPF. This is the skin I've always wanted... I'm officially done looking for new cleansers to try.

It smells good, tastes good, and yes, it's messy, but the effects are great. I have no complaints at all. Highly recommended, PROVIDED YOU ARE NOT ALLERGIC TO BEES.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by cheergirl7410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Honey is great if you want a pretty soothing, hydrating facial every so often. I find it works best as a once a week scrub. I just combine some honey and brown sugar and rub in gently on my face. It leaves my skin softer and glowy. :) It also does not break you out! Try to get organic or raw honey though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by nomnomcat

My two cents will probably be buried within this page, but I thought I should tell everyone what an EXCELLENT spot treatment honey is when combined with turmeric. I dab a bit of organic, raw honey on my zits, then put a little turmeric on top, and the zit stays small and continues getting smaller within days. Usually when I get zits, they grow steadily in sized, get super red and inflamed and in general hard to conceal, and then finally develop into gnarly whiteheads that are just an eyesore on my face.

I leave the spot treatment on overnight, and during the day if I'm not doing anything, I'll put it on during the day as well. It stains a little bit if you only wash it off with water, but since you only have it on your zits, it's not too noticeable on my warm, yellow-toned Asian skin. If you're pale, however, it might be more obvious. I've tried to use everything for spot treatments: those benzoyl peroxide gels, clay masks, turmeric by itself, honey by itself...none have given me the results that honey has.

I also use honey also in turmeric and honey masks and every morning after I wash my face. I'm even tempted to take the leap into washing my face solely with honey! It really is a miracle worker.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by GlowMeAway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I can't say enough good things about honey. Honey has been used for thousands of years as an antibacterial agent. When my son was growing up, whenever he had a cut or an infection, I would clean it, spread honey on it, cover it with a bandage, and without fail it would heal quickly and easily. (Fun fact: a study published a couple of years ago in JAMA showed honey was EQUAL to chemical antibacterial agents used in and after surgery to prevent infection. How awesome is that?) I also use it as a masque several times a week. I have skin that likes to break out, and the antibacterial properties of honey keeps breakouts at bay and leaves me with soft, glowing skin. It also works great as a natural hair conditioner, and can be combined with eggs to soften hair. Finally, of course, raw natural honey tastes delish and can be used in place of processed sweeteners for cooking or topping. It is FULL of vitamins and so good for you, inside and out. Yum! The only problem.. whenever I try to use it as a lip exfoliator (combine with sugar), or a lip masque (just use it plain), I end up licking it off because it's so tasty. My bad.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by ckchic

I basically just spread it all over my face after i got back from work and leave it on while i'm watching TV (probably about 1- 1.5 hour) and then I take a shower and wash it.
I've been doing this for a 9 days (everyday) now and my skin is brighter than i ever remember, my face is less oily, and it does not broke me out. I will use it everyday FOREVER!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by scrowell

Last night for the first time I went out and bought a small jar of raw honey at Whole foods for about $11.35, and some organic Turmeric powder. I cleansed my face and mixed a tblsp of honey, and a *pinch* of Turmeric, mixed together and applied to my face, I let it sit for about 40 mins and rinsed off. After, I used my normal fresh squeezed lemon juice w/ a splash of water as a toner. WOW! GIRLS AND BOYS TAKE NOTE! My skin literally feels and looks better then it ever has. I am now 20 years old and used to suffer with acne, and now getting over it. This is amazing. Stop using harsh chemical products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No