Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough - Serum

3.5

water (aqua), glyceryl polymethacrylate, pentylene glycol, propylene glycol, glycerin, butylene glycol, hydrolyzed soy protein, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, glutathione, potassium ascorbyl tocopheryl phosphate, larrea divaricata (chaparral) extract, sodium hyaluronate, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, allantoin, carbomer, lecithin, polysorbate 20, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, methylbromo glutaronitrile, fragrance, tetrasodium edta.

on 7/16/2008 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm not sure with the effect of this when using this alone as I only use this in conjunction with the vit C powder (hope and a prayer). But it's quite moisturizing and I feel that my skin is better pampered without getting really greasy. However I think it's better for more mature skin - my mom loves this thing for the firming effect. I probably will repurchase unless I find sth that can work with the vit C powder at a lower price.

on 6/30/2008 7:56:00 AM

I got this as part of the “Makeup Optional” 6-piece skin care kit. What a joke, I had HUGE cystic breakouts after using the kit. (Note that I can't point to this product in particular as causing the breakouts.) I thought this serum smelled like greasy French fries. I hated using it! I couldn’t get past the smell enough to see if it would do anything for my skin. I’m probably better off!

on 6/18/2008 4:11:00 AM

So far, not a lot of effect... will continue to use until gone and then probably will not repurchase... it is quite on the high end and not sure if I want to invest in something that doesn't do me any good...

on 6/12/2008 8:47:00 PM

I cannot say that I feel like I have noticed a significant difference in my skin after using nearly an entire bottle of this serum. I will say that it did not cause any additional breakouts. It did not do much for my pore size. I have been using the vitamin c powder with it, as well as in other creams. I do like the vitamin c powder, however. Also, it is hard to get the last bit of the serum out of the bottle when it is nearly gone. I have considered buying it again, as it is a reasonable price, however I have decided to purchase another serum instead.

on 6/8/2008 11:20:00 PM

Can't go a day without it!!!

Is it just me, or does this product seem to make pores more enlarged than before? I used it with the HIAJ moisturizer. And I've been getting greasy skin. I'm a normal to dry- skin feeling tight after being washed. So I decided to try this for "makeup optional" skin and because I was sold by all the peptide, and antioxidant talk. But this stuff makes my face feel caked on and greasy. Also, my pores seem to need makeup.

The good thing is it hasn't made me break out. I love the cleanser and the microdelivery peel. But I'm not sure I'll repurchase the serum or moisturizer anymore.

I look 10 years younger. Need I say more?

My HG product. My skin looks "plumper"...yet tighter. Firmer and fresher. It got rid of hard little bumps (sorta like acne...but never came to a head)....i am so grateful everytime I look in the mirror. Huge difference!!! I am 53 y/o with oily skin. I use other philosophy products and love them.

on 4/18/2008 1:41:00 PM

When asked would you buy this product again I said "no". I recently ran out of this product and I didn't really see if it did anything for me. Maybe my skin is already in good shape. If I start seeing my skin looking bad I'm going to try it again otherwise it's just money and time saved if I don't.

on 3/13/2008 2:45:00 PM

So far, so good with this serum. After four weeks I have noticed in improvement in the appearance of my skin. Firmer, better tone, overall - I think I look younger! This product has not made me break out - and on some days provides enough moisture so I can skip my regular moisturizer. I plan to repurchase when I run out.

on 1/6/2008 7:11:00 PM

I got this serum in the Make Up Optional kit and I absolutely LOVE it! I am in love with the whole skin care line and I will definitely be repurchasing ALL of these products again. Fortunately I bought the kit with the full size products, so these will last me for a long time. I don't mind the smell of any of these products and I have to wonder if the other people reviewing these products are just being dramatic about the smell. The cost in my opinion is also reasonable. As far others saying that this product broke them out....remember that this IS an anti-aging serum so it probably shouldn't be used by someone who is prone to breakouts or with very oily skin. I have recommended this skin care kit to everyone I know!

Popular Face Skincare Products