July 25, 2014 | 1524 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - When Hope Is Not Enough - Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by seasandtrees

Is it just me, or does this product seem to make pores more enlarged than before? I used it with the HIAJ moisturizer. And I've been getting greasy skin. I'm a normal to dry- skin feeling tight after being washed. So I decided to try this for "makeup optional" skin and because I was sold by all the peptide, and antioxidant talk. But this stuff makes my face feel caked on and greasy. Also, my pores seem to need makeup.

The good thing is it hasn't made me break out. I love the cleanser and the microdelivery peel. But I'm not sure I'll repurchase the serum or moisturizer anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by nancymurchison

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I look 10 years younger. Need I say more?

My HG product. My skin looks "plumper"...yet tighter. Firmer and fresher. It got rid of hard little bumps (sorta like acne...but never came to a head)....i am so grateful everytime I look in the mirror. Huge difference!!! I am 53 y/o with oily skin. I use other philosophy products and love them.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Cymbaline

When asked would you buy this product again I said "no". I recently ran out of this product and I didn't really see if it did anything for me. Maybe my skin is already in good shape. If I start seeing my skin looking bad I'm going to try it again otherwise it's just money and time saved if I don't.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by bofspring

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far, so good with this serum. After four weeks I have noticed in improvement in the appearance of my skin. Firmer, better tone, overall - I think I look younger! This product has not made me break out - and on some days provides enough moisture so I can skip my regular moisturizer. I plan to repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by sassydogg

I got this serum in the Make Up Optional kit and I absolutely LOVE it! I am in love with the whole skin care line and I will definitely be repurchasing ALL of these products again. Fortunately I bought the kit with the full size products, so these will last me for a long time. I don't mind the smell of any of these products and I have to wonder if the other people reviewing these products are just being dramatic about the smell. The cost in my opinion is also reasonable. As far others saying that this product broke them out....remember that this IS an anti-aging serum so it probably shouldn't be used by someone who is prone to breakouts or with very oily skin. I have recommended this skin care kit to everyone I know!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by c1wall

Im torn on if i would re-purchase... i got this product with the vitimin c powder and was really hoping for more than it really delivered however my skin was brighter for sure. Thats not something i normally notice nor was I even aware i was really looking for. Im unsure as to what really caused the effect though. I am now out of this product and have been trying the vitimin c powder with a few other products to see if that is the component. I have to admit that for a few weeks i was consistently using the vitimin c with alpha hydrox oil free and that had a very nice effect. A really beautiful glow. Ive tried the vitimin c in a few other things too.... but nothing to report really. The search goes on

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 7:48:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I use this every day and night. During the day I mix the vit c powder with it. I really don't know if it does aything, but I do know the whole system works so I will keep using. I kind of like the smell to it also. I know alot of people don't.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this for 3 weeks straight, and honestly, I cant tell a difference. I stopped using it and started using skinmedica's vitamin c complex in its place, and saw a big difference in just a week (more even tone, brighter complexion, acne spots fading). so I will not repurchase the philosophy serum. I did like the consistency of the serum, it was very light and absorbed quickly. I liked the earthy/herbal smell. I dont like serums that come in dropper bottles though because they oxidize more quickly due to the exposure to air, especially if they have vitamin C in them. I noticed that the When Hope is Not Enough serum became more yellow-colored (a sign of oxidation) just after 3 weeks. I know this also has peptides in it, but honestly I didnt see any difference, which is unfortunate.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

i use this as part of the makeup optional kit. i can't ever tell if serum does anything, but used as part of the set, i guess it works pretty well. anyhow i can't NOT use this anymore because i'm so used to it, so i guess maybe i'm addicted!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2007 6:29:00 AM More reviews by lisaorr2

i really wanted to like this serum as I'm a big fan of their microdelivery face wash and hope in a jar moisturiser. I have very acne prone skin and both of these products worked wonders for my skin and gave me a nice glow! i keep rying the serum as I want it to work but everytime i use it it breaks me out around my jaw line ad seem to give me black heads so I think i'm going to have to give it up! the only reason i gave it 2 lipssticks is that it did seem to firm my skin. So on with the search again for a good serum? any recommendations??