September 21, 2014 | 1843 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Method of application is key with this lipstick. I am a fair and cool blonde. If I apply this straight out of the tube, it is a most unflattering, milky, opaque salmon color. However, if I dab a little on a clean finger and smooth it over my lips it becomes this very flattering, slightly warm, neutral pink that my cool skin can actually pull off rather well. So, I guess what I'm saying is that if you buy this and it seems unflattering, don't pitch it in the bin until you play with it a bit.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

YAY!!! what a great lipstick!! this stuck out at me while at the store, but I came home to check it on MUA first! I got it today and it's so creamy, perfect natural amazing color!! I will definitely buy more Revlon lipsticks! I had no idea they were so pigmented and creamy moist! I hope they carry this shade for ev er!!!! Joy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by kisstheradio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A gorgeous, creamy lipstick. It's not drying at all, and it's this lovely warm pink color. I probably won't buy this shade again, just because I don't use it everyday (I find that it's actually fairly bright on my lips) and so I probably won't use it up any time soon, but I would definitely buy other lipsticks from the Super Lustrous range.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's funny that another reviewer found this lipstick too cool for her skin tone, because it was much too warm for mine (NW15 or lighter). The color was a beautiful dusty rose in the tube, but it turned an unflattering peach/salmon color on my lips. (I also noticed that my natural reddish lip color peeked through unless I applied the lipstick with a very heavy hand.) The formula was nice and creamy, and I don't doubt the color would work on other people, but I wouldn't recommend this lipstick to pale, cool-toned people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

pink in the afternoon is a creamy pink/ coral lipstick.it is creamy,last long,perfect for a little punch of color! Goes really well with any nude,coral,lilac,dark purple,black eye shadows!love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm partial on this color. Its too bright for my liking on a daily basis, I was expecting a softer, more muted pink. I could still pull this off occasionally, but I'm not too daring & look for everyday use in all the shades I purchase. All the swatches I found online were different, along with the images here. Only the first & last are true to its real shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really in love with this lippie. I would compare the pigmentation and formula of this to a high end lipstick. I've always liked Revlon lipsticks though. The color is a beautiful warm pink. It can be applied with a light hand to give you a MLBB look, or by using a heavy hand, you can really get a bright lip. I would certainly repurchase and would recommend this product to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by lilliesloveandlipsticks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pretty colour, but rather bad quality.

The light coral-pink colour is the perfect 'Audrey' colour. I absolutely loved how it looked against my slightly yellow Asian skintone. I always felt so happy and cheerful when I wear it.

Yet the longevity of this lipstick is really mediocre. 2 hours? Gosh, I do not have the time in the world to reapply it! Plus it leaves my lips dry and parched, and it tends to settle in the lines of my lips.

My search for the perfect pink lipstick continues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It's a neutral mid-tone pink. I don't get any of the peachy pink people have mentioned, but against a very warm skin tone lipsticks can change. Made famous by Audrey Hepburn, it's rumored she wore a similar shade in Breakfast At Tiffany's. While Audrey was a spokesperson for Revlon in the 80's, I think her lipsticks were more expensive than Revlon. Most likely something from Arden, Lauder, or Coty... based on the time period in the 60's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hallelujah all mighty, I have found my "Dazzling Pink" shade in lipstick form at last! "Dazzling Pink" was an LE lipgloss shade my Revlon a while ago. It was stunning, it was a beautiful creamy lilac, rose pink that made me look straight out of a beauty magazine, rocking them unusual(at least to me) colors. I was so upset when it was discontinued i bought every tube i could find, on Ebay and elsewhere. I bought this shade just looking at the color swatches on the revlon display. I thought it would be a refreshing change from my mauves and roses. On me this shows up as a lavender-ish rose. A cool rose? But it didn't look out of place with my skin tone. It made me look like Ii usually do in the colder months. So to me this would be the perfect winter pink. Or even spring really. Just not summer and fall though. I find it too, or not hot enough. It evokes a 60s feel to me, not retro but elegant. It is beautiful, stunning shade, and again, another that would look great on anybody unless I think, you happen to be very olive. I can't wait for the colder months, and i won't have to worry about chapped lips because it takes care of that too.