Curel Ultra Healing Daily Moisture Therapy Lotion

4.6

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl PG Hydroxyethyl Palmitamide, Isopropyl Palmitate, Shea Butter, Avena Sativa Meal Extract (Oat), Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Orange Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Acacia Senegal Gum, Gelatin, DMDM Hydantoin

on 3/23/2008 2:27:00 PM

This lotion takes a while to soak in. It made my legs breakout in bumps (big red huge bumps)that were REALLY painful. Left me feeling sticky until it soaks in and it burned my legs when I put it on after shaving. Works pretty well as a hand cream (ONLY). After I use it up (or get sick of trying to) I will not be buying it again.

on 2/26/2008 2:26:00 AM

This is the best lotion. Friends of mine recommended Eucerin for my extremely dry skin (esp in the winter) and it didn't work nearly as well as this. I also like the fact that it isn't greasy. I've tried so many different brands (the different scents are always tempting) but haven't found anything as good.

EDIT: I've found that this works pretty well for the face, also. (Assuming one's skin is not hypersensitive..this product does contain some fragrance) After running out of my regular moisturizer, I tried this, and was quite pleased with the results. The following morning my face felt moisturized and not greasy in the least.

I have very oily skin and this is the only lotion I'll use. Usually, most lotions or hand creams leave my hands feeling greasy, even after rubbing them in for a long time. This is the only lotion I have that deeply moisturizes my hands without being greasy/oily. It has orange oil in it, giving it a slightly citrus fragrance, but nothing over-the-top or overbearing. It is a little pricey, but well worth it if you're looking for a lotion that doesn't leave the overly-greasy residue.

on 1/2/2008 6:30:00 PM

My HG lotion of all time. Actually, I'll use any Curel fragrance-free lotion, but this one is probably the most moisturizing. I have seriously dry skin and I flake and itch like crazy if I haven't lathered up enough. I've tried everything - Eucerin, Lubriderm, Aveeno, Keri, Aquaphor.... I prefer this over all others (Aquaphor is more moisturizing but is a greasy mess). It goes on easily, absorbs quickly, and can be a bit sticky at first but dries down to a soft soft finish. Not greasy at all. I will even use it on my face sometimes. It sounds cliched, but my husband comments all the time on how soft my skin is. There is no added fragrance; however, the orange oil does give it a very faint hint of citrus. It's a little expensive for a drugstore brand, but I will buy this again and again (and already have for years).

on 11/3/2007 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I actually came across this on accident. My two year old son and I were shopping and he opened the lotion and squirted it. Right away I could tell this was an excellent lotion. I am a lotion junkie, I have been looking for a great lotion!

on 10/31/2007 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Best hand lotion, hands down! I've tried others, even the ones they claim are the best-L'Occtaine shea, etc. Nope...keep goin back to this one!

on 10/28/2007 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This past summer I purchased the extra-strength version and have found it to be very hydrating. My skin was extremely soft and smooth.
Now that fall has started, my skin is getting dryer and this doesn't seem to address the dryness so I doubt it will help this winter when my skin starts to crack. But then it doesn't claim to reverse dryness, it is a hydrator so it will help rehydrate to prevent dryness.
I am going to try the Curel hydrating lotion with a moisturizing cream to see if it will prevent the extreme dryness.

on 10/11/2007 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually discovered this by accident, I was searching for a lotion that smelled decent and lasted 24 hours. I opened the small bottle of this to smell it and managed to squirt a huge glob of it onto myself unintentionally, so I figured what the hell and rubbed it on my hands. I walked down the next aisle and could not stop feeling the skin on my hands - it was the softest I'd ever felt, so smooth. Didn't even feel like my skin. I have oily skin, but I work in food service so my hands are always dry after work from washing so often. I was so impressed I went back and bought a bottle. I like how it smells, like oranges or orange peels. Very nice. Also I looked at the ingredients and found it does not contain any parabens, which is what I was looking for in a long lasting lotion as well.

on 10/2/2007 12:48:00 AM

An AMAZING product that I have used for years. Now, though, I have discovered the Neutrogena Sesame Oil that works JUST AS GOOD. The difference? I don't have to wrestle with the bottle like I did with my Curel when there was just a little lotion at the bottom. More bang for my buck, I suppose.

on 8/30/2007 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great. All my friends who live in desert climates recommend this lotion, if that says anything.

It's gotten much more expensive in the last year or two. 5 years ago I could find the big bottle for around $5. Now it's at least $9 or $10. Still, it lasts my husband and I several months.