November 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Ultra Healing Daily Moisture Therapy Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by chowchowface

I have very oily skin and this is the only lotion I'll use. Usually, most lotions or hand creams leave my hands feeling greasy, even after rubbing them in for a long time. This is the only lotion I have that deeply moisturizes my hands without being greasy/oily. It has orange oil in it, giving it a slightly citrus fragrance, but nothing over-the-top or overbearing. It is a little pricey, but well worth it if you're looking for a lotion that doesn't leave the overly-greasy residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by milo63108

My HG lotion of all time. Actually, I'll use any Curel fragrance-free lotion, but this one is probably the most moisturizing. I have seriously dry skin and I flake and itch like crazy if I haven't lathered up enough. I've tried everything - Eucerin, Lubriderm, Aveeno, Keri, Aquaphor.... I prefer this over all others (Aquaphor is more moisturizing but is a greasy mess). It goes on easily, absorbs quickly, and can be a bit sticky at first but dries down to a soft soft finish. Not greasy at all. I will even use it on my face sometimes. It sounds cliched, but my husband comments all the time on how soft my skin is. There is no added fragrance; however, the orange oil does give it a very faint hint of citrus. It's a little expensive for a drugstore brand, but I will buy this again and again (and already have for years).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 3:01:00 AM More reviews by RachelnLuke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually came across this on accident. My two year old son and I were shopping and he opened the lotion and squirted it. Right away I could tell this was an excellent lotion. I am a lotion junkie, I have been looking for a great lotion!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by scoobydoles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best hand lotion, hands down! I've tried others, even the ones they claim are the best-L'Occtaine shea, etc. Nope...keep goin back to this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Fresnel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This past summer I purchased the extra-strength version and have found it to be very hydrating. My skin was extremely soft and smooth.
Now that fall has started, my skin is getting dryer and this doesn't seem to address the dryness so I doubt it will help this winter when my skin starts to crack. But then it doesn't claim to reverse dryness, it is a hydrator so it will help rehydrate to prevent dryness.
I am going to try the Curel hydrating lotion with a moisturizing cream to see if it will prevent the extreme dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 10:51:00 PM More reviews by shard

I actually discovered this by accident, I was searching for a lotion that smelled decent and lasted 24 hours. I opened the small bottle of this to smell it and managed to squirt a huge glob of it onto myself unintentionally, so I figured what the hell and rubbed it on my hands. I walked down the next aisle and could not stop feeling the skin on my hands - it was the softest I'd ever felt, so smooth. Didn't even feel like my skin. I have oily skin, but I work in food service so my hands are always dry after work from washing so often. I was so impressed I went back and bought a bottle. I like how it smells, like oranges or orange peels. Very nice. Also I looked at the ingredients and found it does not contain any parabens, which is what I was looking for in a long lasting lotion as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2007 12:48:00 AM More reviews by rebeccam_br

An AMAZING product that I have used for years. Now, though, I have discovered the Neutrogena Sesame Oil that works JUST AS GOOD. The difference? I don't have to wrestle with the bottle like I did with my Curel when there was just a little lotion at the bottom. More bang for my buck, I suppose.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Tiabla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is great. All my friends who live in desert climates recommend this lotion, if that says anything.

It's gotten much more expensive in the last year or two. 5 years ago I could find the big bottle for around $5. Now it's at least $9 or $10. Still, it lasts my husband and I several months.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by erins720

I gather from some of the other reviews that the Curel lotions in the current packaging are a different formulation than the old ones. I wouldn't know, because my family bought a bunch of the old ones in the big bottles so we're still working on those. They also have the old packaging ones at big lots, although there's probably not nearly as much in stock now as when it was first changed.

Anyway...about the product. I really like this. I've had very dry skin my entire life and think I've tried just about every lotion on the market. I like that this is a simple product yet works so well. The texture is a little off-putting at first because it feels like it's greasy but it really isn't...that texture just helps the lotion spread really well and it sinks in quickly too. Leaves skin feeling moisturized but not greasy. The only think I'm not thrilled with is the smell, which is orangey (makes sense - has orange oil) but I can deal with it because it doesn't linger. It's a nice product and a real lifesaver in the winter!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Dancer6978

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't get it. Plenty of people here say it moisturizes well or is even too greasy, but I feel like it isn't moisturizing enough. I love how easily it goes on and how quickly it soaks in, but after it does soak in, my skin feels smooth but dry, not moisturized at all. I have been searching for a "nighttime" body lotion (something extra heavy to wear to bed), but this definitely isn't it.