NARS Laguna

4.3

Ingredients: talc, polymethyl methacrylate, nylon-66, ptfe, zea mays, polyethylene, dimethicone, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, disodium edta, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, ci 77891, ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499, ci 77288, ci 77289, ci 77007, ci 77163. 7/18/09

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I first purchased Nars Laguna about 6 months ago and I really did not understand the fuss! Now we are in the colder months in the UK, I totally get it- my skin is slightly lighter and Laguna is perfect for a natural contour and the bridge of my nose. I have to use a shade darker, Nars Casino, during the summer months but either are amazing! They're not chalky or cakey, plus they don't have that annoying glitter that many bronzers have (Chanel Tan De Soleil, I'm talking to you). The only negative, as always with Nars, is that rubbery packaging- potential to get incredibly dirty if not careful! Worth a purchase girls...

on 1/11/2014 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I think this is over rated. I saved up and was so excited and threw out my old drug store bronzer that was perhaps too orange but lasted over 2 years, thinking this was my new HG. First swipe and alot of product dusts away into the air. Then a chip of product cracks and ends up in the sink. 6 weeks later and i hit pan. I'm light handed and didnt even use this everyday. Pretty devastated really and dont know what bronzer to replace it with. Hoola maybe? Back to cheap and cheerful drug store? I'm using warm soul mac blush in the mean time

on 1/10/2014 3:33:00 PM

My all time favorite bronzer. I love this sooo much I don't want to use it, lol, but I do, everyday. I have pale skin so this gives my skin the perfect amount of color. The quality is magnificent. I highly removed to anyone from fair to olive skin tones. The best bronzer ever.

on 1/7/2014 12:48:00 PM

My favorite bronzer to use in the winter when I've lost a bit of my tan and need just a little color to make me look un-dead. Although there is visible shimmer in the pan, I don't find that it translates to the skin the same way. On my NC25 skin this looks extremely natural and subtle. Love how easily it blends and is not too powdery. Hate how expensive it is, but would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this bronzer this is what I use to contour with and it's not too dark and doesn't leave harsh lines looking drag queeninsh and lasts all day love it

on 1/4/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

3.5/5. I was so excited to try this bronzer due to it's cult status. For my fair, warm/ruddy complexion it blended well and looks great solely for a cheek-contour look. When I used it for an all over face bronzer, my face ended up like i rolled around in dirt. Instead, I prefer Bare Minerals warmth for an all over face color.

The color is matte, very pigmented, and last a long time. It looks especially good as a cheek contour when I go out and want to look a little more dramatic. Yes, this is better than most bronzers and doesn't look too orange or fake looking. However, I feel like I can find a cheaper, dark foundation to use as a contour instead.

PROS
-Very pigmented
-Matte and not shimmery like most other bronzers
-Photographs well
-Application is smooth and seamless

CONS
-Very expensive
-Doesn't look good on my fair skin as an all over face bronzer. Looks dirty
-Mirror broke away from packaging in my makeup bag

I like Laguna but I don't love it. It definitely helped enhance my bone structure, however with the $28 price tag I feel like I would not repurchase.

on 1/4/2014 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

To be honest, I'm not that picky about bronzers but I wanted to try this because of the raving. Previously I've been using Bahama Mama bronzer by theBalm, and it was a good, dark, matte bronzer that I really liked. I definitely changed my mind when trying this! It gave me a much nicer glow, but it's not shimmery. The color is good for most skin tones, even on fair people.

I apply it with RT blush brush, and it works amazing. Love this and will definitely buy it again!

on 1/4/2014 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

this bronzer gives an amazing glow and slight contour. it looks beautiful paired with orgasm blush. i apply with real techniques blush brush. it has subtle shimmer it, noticeable but not IN YOUR FACE.

on 12/29/2013 8:21:00 PM

I am in love with NARS products and this really made me fall for it even more. A lot of reviewers say it's overrated and not pigmented at all. In my opinion, it is wonderful! Blendable, buildable. Has golden flecks that adds a touch of shimmer and the colour looks wonderful. I would say it's for lighter skin tones but it works for my medium olive skin. I would buy it again!

on 12/14/2013 9:34:00 AM

I heard so many good things about this bronzer and was extremely excited to try it. I finally bought it along with the Orgasm blush, and realized it is very over rated. It is indeed a good bronzer but there are many dupes which are much less expensive and there are even some drugstore bronzers that are a lot better. It's not very pigmented so to be able to notice it on my skin I feel I have to layer it quite a few times and I end up using a lot more product than I would like to. If it was that great of a bronzer, I wouldn't mind paying that much for it, but the fact is that it's too expensive for the results it gives.

Popular Bronzers