August 28, 2014 | 1673 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Facial Cleanser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by eccentricgogo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser was irritating, the scrubbing beads were harsh, and it caused redness. It didn't feel good on the skin at all. I have oily skin and this actually dried me out! The only good factor at all is the scent. It smells delicious. But a wonderful fragrance isn't enough to make it a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product to see if it would help with my oily T-zone.
The moment I used it the skin on and around my nose burned and the little "beads" were too hard and abrasive.
It left the skin on my cheeks and nose dehydrated (like really, worse than dry,) and it felt thin to the touch.
The skin began producing oil tenfold to try and make up for this, leaving me with dry skin that shone embarrassingly.
I used this wash many a time, trying harder and softer pressure to the point where I was barely touching my face and still I ended up with the same result.
Maybe this would work better for people with very oily skin, otherwise I highly recommend you AVOID this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by erodddd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'll be the first to admit that I am not a fan of Clean & Clear products in general. However, this facial scrub is nice. I love the smell, and it really wakes up my skin and makes it feel soft, refreshed, and alive! I love the beads. I usually use this when I first wake up and it's perfect to use before applying any makeup. I have combo skin- dry cheeks and an oily T Zone, but this cleanser doesn't seem to affect any of that. I've used this products for a couple months now and I'm not sure if it's actually preventing any breakouts of anything (I use several products in my routine)...but it sure does feel good!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by joannef

I like the smell of this cleanser - moderate fruity scent
I have oily skin and this really dried me out (uncomfortable, really tight feeling after you wash it off) and I have never had such an extremely drying reaction from other cleansers that I have used in the past.
Didn't do much of cleansing as it claimed, overall did not work for me at all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ahhh this cleanser and I have such a long history. I used this fairly religiously in h.s. when my skin was horrible and I had terrible acne/skin problems. But it would dry the heck out of my skin (and still does). I have repurchased this a few times over the years because I love how deeply it cleanses my skin. And it's cheap (like $3.49 or so at Target).
My strategy with this cleanser is NOT to use it daily or even several times a week. It's too abrasive for that, especially if you have sensitive skin that is red-prone. Therefore I use it maybe once a week for a "deep clean" feeling, and maybe twice a week during that lovely hormonal week of the month when skin is at its worst.
Because of this, this cleanser lasts me forever. I've had the bottle I currently own for probably 8 months right now and I'm still not halfway done with it... ridiculous.
For my purposes, I do like this cleanser but I also feel it's time to "break up" with this product once I've finished using it. HA, that's a horrible joke. But... once I'm finally done with the bottle I will not repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Hate this stuff, smells like toilet bowl cleaner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by juicyyycouture

If you have sensitive skin like me, your skin might feel "tight" afterwards (not really a bad thing though). I've used this product in 07' and that was when my skin was at it's best! Bright, and pimple free! I've stopped since then and that's when I began to get pimples, flaky skin, and acne scars on my chin. I was trying all sorts of different products to get rid of them but none seemed to work. Then, I found this product on the shelf and thinking back to how clear my skin was ages ago when I used it.. I decided to purchase it again. Now all I can say is welcome back clear skin!! :))

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by glitterfacedranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a 17-year-old with oily/acne prone skin.I started using this every morning about a month ago and I've notice a change in my skin:)Right after I wash my face with this,my skin always feel smooth,soft and oil free!Now,my face isn't quite zit free,but at my age,I guess that would be nothing short of a miracle;)lol!However,I have noticed a reduction in acne,whic is great!I will defanitely keep purchasing!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clean&Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser is an oil free cleanser that promises to wake you up via a refreshing citrus scent and wash away dirt, oil, and makeup. I purchased this cleanser at Ulta, but Clean&Clear is available at just about any drug or grocery store. This cleanser usually goes for $5 for 8fl oz, but I got it for $3, with a two dollar off coupon (they almost always have a deal or coupon available). Unfortunately, like all Johnson&Johnson sub-brands, Clean&Clear tests on animals. Clean&Clear doesn't list where their products are made on the bottle, and I'm having a hard time finding out. This cleanser is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic.
Packaging for this cleanser is a transparent, rectangular, plastic orange bottle with an orange pump. The label features the navy and white Clean&Clear logo, and white lettering. The back label offers information about the product, directions, and a full ingredient list. With previous Morning Burst cleansers I've had issues with the pump breaking, or jamming. Packaging for these cleansers definitely isn't the best quality, nor is anything special to look at, really it's functional at best. boo.
The formula of this cleanser is a clear gel with a good, moderate consistency. Suspended in the gel are "bursting" beads, that I've yet to see an bursting action from. I'd call it more of a melt. These melting boots give a nice amount of exfoliation, ironically, more exfoliating than the matching scrub that I also reviewed. Clean&Clear claim that this cleanser contains vitamin C and ginseng, but the ingredient list also reveals cucumber, grapefruit, and ginger extracts. And parabens, but let's look on the bright side, this is a cleanser for the morning, do you really want to start the day off thinking of preservatives.
I'm on the fence about the cleanser's scent. It's like a citrus-mint combo. Clean&Clear calls it invigorating. I call it..strong. It'll probably wake you up from it's sheer potency. My mum hates how this cleanser smells, it makes her cough. I'm kinda undecided about it, but to be honest, I've never really liked how any Clean&Clear product I've had smelled, so really it's just keeping in the brand's tradition of smelling kinda iffy.
Morning Burst foams up into a nice smooth lather. It feels kinda fizzy on the skin. It actually makes me feel happy, but not as happy as the commercial would lead you to believe. I have yet to dance and skin along to a love song with my roommate after using this cleanser. That'd be a definite manfail on his part, and besides, he's a Clean&Clear sensitive skin kind of guy.
So this cleanser doesn't make me dance, but it does make me happy.This cleanser does a good job of removing face makeup, and left over eye makeup. It also controls oil pretty well, but I don't have exceptionally oily skin, so it's not like it's some sort of challenging feat. Clean&Clear promises that this cleanser will rinse off clean, and I suppose it does. I've never had problems with it being stubborn, unless it gets in my hair line or something, but that isn't the cleanser's fault.
After rinsing, my skin feels very soft and refreshed. No tightness or dryness. Very Comfortable. Good job, Clean&Clear. Aside from softer skin, I haven't noticed any changes in my skin, positive or negative. I do have more acne, but it's not from this cleanser.
Do I recommend Clean&Clear Morning Burst? If you have normal to mildly oily skin, and like feeling happy. Will I repurchase it? Probably, unless some other cleanser piques my interest. This cleanser is a great way to start the day. It adds a little bit of fun to your skin care routine, but it isn't a party in a bottle, girls in the commercial need to calm down. It's affordable, easily accessible, and makes your skin feel pretty good. Skin care, moar liek Win Care.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Berbecca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All it really is just a gentle facial cleanser. It didn't do anything for shine, after a while the smell started to get annoying but it didn't irritate my face. My face felt clean but it wasn't what I expected.