Dove Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion

4.1

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Cholesterol, Bisabolol, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Dimethicone, Linoleic Acid, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Isohexadecane, Saccharide Isomerate, Coriandrum Sativum Seed Oil (Coriander), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa Kernel Extract (Oat), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Linoleamidopropyl BG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, PEG-4 Laurate, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 10/31/2005 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i like it.

on 9/16/2005 10:16:00 PM

I used this product for more than a year with no problems. I have very sensitive skin and my skin allergies are getting worse every year. However, in the past few months I found it made my skin oily by mid day (I actually have very dry skin), and I developed redness and small bumps on my cheeks. I eliminated all other products but it wasn't getting better. I stopped using the Dove and began using Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for sensitive skin just yesterday, and the redness and bumps have almost disappeared. So while I can recommend this product for others to try, due to my ever-changing skin, it is no longer the lotion for me.

on 8/22/2005 4:32:00 PM

Great product, but too lightweight for me. I can only use this in the summer, and only in the evenings due to lack of spf. I prefer the cream version, but extremely gentle. My skin soaks it up without greasies.

on 8/16/2005 12:23:00 PM

This was dermatologist recommended. I have dry skin and needed to reapply moisturizer every few hours. Not the moisturizer for me. I also want a moisturizer with sun block of at least SPF 15.

The perfect lightweight day lotion. (Only con: has no SPF) No fragance (as not to irritate sensitive skin) and great moisturizing, doesn't leave your skin shiny like other lotions, absorbs quickly. Terrific product!

on 7/1/2005 2:48:00 PM

i love love love this lotion!!! i have moderate acne and this is actually helping..i dont wear it during the day,b/c the lack of sun-screen but at night after my shower i put this on and in the morning my skin feels great...my pimples are actually going down..maybe my skin was just irritated...please try it..youll love it!!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was recommended to me by my dermatologist since I have sensitive and dry skin. I love the light textrue that absorbs quickly. I feel more hydrated with this than the Cinique Dramatically Different that I've used for at least 10 years. For $6, it's a real find. I purchased the fragrance free version. The packaging allows for you to squeeze the product out, but you have to use what you dispense because there's no getting it back into this container.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! Great price and awesome product! I have sensitive/combo/acne prone skin and this works wonders for rehydrating my skin after all the harsh acne treatments I put my poor skin through! It's not greasy at all, unlike some other d/s brands I've tried (mainly Purpose lotion--horrible stuff!) This sinks into my skin immediately and leaves it very soft and smooth. I can apply my make up afterwards and there is no gross little balls that sometimes occur with other moisturizers. Ok, I know it doesn't have SPF, but b/c I have sensitive skin this was the safest choice for me. I will continue to buy this as long as Dove continues to make it!

on 6/25/2005 8:23:00 AM

This is a great moisturizer, but what I really hate is the packaging. It's a nice bottle, but the little pump on top of it is horrible! When you've used it you need to clean the pump, otherwise the lotion still inside the pump will clog the pump. And I really hate that! If they would put up sometinhing else on top of the bottle I might buy it again because the lotion is perfect but I hate dirty bottles so I won't buy this again.

on 6/14/2005 3:24:00 PM

This wears well under makeup and is quite moisturizing, but I was disappointed to see that it does not contain any SPF. Because it provides zero protection from the sun, I will be using this as an evening moisturizer only. I agree with previous posters who mention the awkward packaging- this is the only face lotion I've tried with such an unfriendly design.

Popular Moisturizers