October 30, 2014 | 1582 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Squeakypops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Perfect. Just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by smokefumes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the way this looks on my skin tone! This is an amazing colour that will flatter anyone due to the blue undertones (which make your teeth look whiter) I did find the lipstick to be drying throughout the day. I have naturally quite dry chapped lips, so as long as you remember a really good lip balm and a lip scrub before you apply this, it will last all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by twenty6twelve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I gave this product a 5/5 because of the color, it's a beautiful red with blue undertones which is very flattering for everyone as blue undertones make your teeth look whiter. It is the matte formula which can be quite drying yet not as drying as their retro matte formula (ruby woo), so I suggest you to apply some moisturizing lip balm before applying it to your lips. But this is my favorite red lipstick of all time and it's almost a necessity to have in your make up collection, so if you're looking for a matte red lipstick this is the lipstick for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by izzaphilia

My HG red lipstick. I wear lip balm underneath it, because it can be drying after a long wear. Russian Red suits me better, which is what I chose over Ruby Woo. I also don't have to swipe on too much because it is highly pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by melinichole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was one of my first MAC lippies many years ago and is still my favorite. Perfect blue based red lipstick. I love that its a matte finish and the lasting power is perf! This is my HG red lipstick and that will never change...I have tried many but none compare to russian red. I still have my LE wonder woman russian red in its packaging for my collection. I have went through so many russian reds its ridiculous lol

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful blue based red.
It's matte, so it is kind of drying. I would suggest exfoliating your lips and making sure they are conditioned well before using this. I also think a lip liner is needed to get a really defined and perfect red lip. This is PERFECT for anyone who's into the rockabilly/pinup look.
If you're looking for a cheaper option that is similar I would suggest revlons matte lipstick in 'Really red'

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Ashbrown411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing classic red!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by payjark

This is my HG red lipstick (HE wise) and there's not much to say other than its a perfect matte red for my skintone. I will repurchase this for as long as I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by roaringofthelamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a fantastic lipstick - probably the best matte red lipstick ever. I wore this with MAC Kiss Me Quick lipliner (as suggested by one of the girls at the MAC counter) and it lasted ALL DAY. No joke. A lot of people say this lipstick is drying because of the matte texture but I didn't really experience anything like that. I've never had a lipstick last this long on me, and I got a ton of compliments on it when I wore it! I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by dayangmahanij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this lipstick so much! very good staying power!! amazing on my fair asian skin tone. It's really matte and doesn't transfer at all.good quality!! I will definitely repurchase it!