MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 1/24/2014 11:03:00 PM

While I love the color of this red, I prefer a much more moisturizing lipstick. When I wear this, even with a lip balm base, my lips feel so incredibly dry all day. This was my first MAC purchase and I'm slightly disappointed, but there's no denying that this red looks great on just about everyone. I just wish it provided *some* moisture.

on 1/24/2014 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this was my very first mac purchase and let me tell ya, it it amazing. I have very pale skin and the true red is just perfect

on 1/15/2014 3:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love it so much! I prefere it to Ruby woo, it looks better on me. It lasts forever and it's not drying. If I had to pick up only one red lipstick, it would definitely be this one. I've worn only this during the past Christmas holidays. I also bought its lipglass, and the combo looks divine.

on 1/14/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick lasts. I just got it and i used it for a good 15h. it doesn't transfer much (if i just exfoliate and don't use a lipbalm). During that 15h, i needed to reapply once, and only on the inner lips after i ate, didn't bleed even though i didn't use a lipliner. I am really impressed, am always on the hunt for a good red lip, i think i don't need to anymore, period. Goes on perfect with my NC40 skintone; makes your teeth look whiter as well, what a classy colour. x

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Russian Red is one of the best reds out there. Not as blue as Ruby Woo but not as brick as Viva Glam I. It's the perfect red that I think anyone can wear. Especially great for someone looking to welcome the unconditional love a red lipstick brings to your life. This will always be in my collection.

on 1/2/2014 1:30:00 PM

Smooth application, lasts all night. Smells great too! Love the matte look.

on 12/30/2013 5:38:00 AM

The perfect red shade. Extreme staying power! I apply this at 8am and it stays through drinks and good until I scrub it off around 7pm with no touch ups! I would recommend using a primer as it can be extremely drying if you don't and can look icky. Glides on easy and is lovable!

on 12/26/2013 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have totally bought into the matte red lip craze. I wanted an in-your-face bright red, as diva was just too burgundy. This is it. My complexion is NW45, and this red looks amazing. Do it dark-skinned ladies! I like this better than Ruby or Riri Woo.

on 12/24/2013 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After many years of avoiding wearing red lipstick, I am so happy that I came across this gem. It dries matte but applies easily without drag on the lips. I use a lip primer and liner underneath it for maximum staying power. (I don't even have to retouch after meals if I prime and line). I'd highly recommend this to other gals afraid of "red". This lippie has made me venture out of my 'pink-nude' safety net.

on 12/24/2013 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

It took me a few years before buying this cult classic but I'm glad I finally did!!! It is a little drying as it is matte lipstick, but other than that, it is perfect. I don't wear lip liner with it and without eating, it lasts me easily 4-6 hours. It never feathers, even if my foundation is at the end of its day. MAC is so accessible that it's worth heading to a counter to try!

Popular Lipsticks