OPI Drip Dry

4.3

Disiloxane (a type of silicone), Dimethicone (another type of silicone), Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba seed oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

on 3/25/2009 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Drip Dry by OPI you are amazing! I purchased mine at Trade Secret it came in a special deal with the Top Coat Polish for under $12.

I am a skeptic - I always have been. I have used drying sprays, fast - drying top coats and oils without impressive results. I have had bubbling, thick cruddy polish that dents easily, and top coats that drag the polish off with each swipe. Not anymore!

I used two coats of polish and naturally waited between coats until reasonably dry. After that I put the Top Coat on. I affixed the dropper dispenser on my Drip Dry and proceeded to do all ten fingers with one dropper full.

With the exception of my middle finger they all dried perfectly - no smudges, dents, imprints or dullness. The middle finger is my fault, I can't sit still which is why Drip Dry is perfect for me.

UPDATE: Purchased Seche Vite and wow that is so much better than OPI. Absolutely NO imperfections with SV. I would not purchase OPI Drip Dry again now that I have something better. Changing from yes to no.

on 2/15/2009 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Well, I bought this product after reading all the great reviwes here, and really wanted to like it. I thought the idea is cool and quick.
However, it didn't work for me at all!
Maybe it because I didn't use a top coat, but I don't see the point in putting a top coat that will dry my nail polish and this product as well...
Anyway. I put it on and it seemed to be dry very fast at promised, but I went to sleep at least an hour + after and in the morning I woke up with bedsheet marks on my nails! I usually use a regular top coat by Sally Hansen and it never happened to me!
I will not buy this again, too bad, cause I thought the drops concept to be really comfy.

on 2/11/2009 4:16:00 PM

great stuff. I can now factor almost all of the drying time out of my manicure when I need to move on and do other stuff.

on 2/8/2009 10:44:00 AM

Finally - a manicure that is not smudged all over the place. Works well and is easy to use. How did I live all these years without it?
EDIT: I notice people complaining about it coming in a small size. It is available in bigger bottles. Supersalonstore.com sell a 1oz bottle for $13.88 (vs reg 0.3oz size) and brightonbeautysupply.com (great site for nail stuff) has a whopping 4oz bottle for 37.95
Got a 1 oz bottle at beautyrose.com for $12/ free shipping

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Drip Dry does exactly what it says. Nails are dry in 5 mins flat and you can go on with life as normal (with a bit of caution - don't press hard on them for at least 20 mins). This product has changed my life in a meaningful way.

holy grail to me, it's a must have! it does exactly what it claims.. love it.

on 1/19/2009 10:51:00 AM

Works Great! I love my nails painted, but Hate waiting for it to dry... I can't sit still for anything so I usually dont paint my nails. Absolutly the best quick dry stuff I have EVER tried! Now I can do touch ups any time!!!

on 1/1/2009 11:41:00 PM

This product is great. I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. It really speeds up nail drying. I find myself doing my nails more frequently. Usually I mess them up because they aren't dry (leading to a lot of frustration), but not when I use these drops. They also protect the nails a little while they are drying. The polish is dry to the touch in about 5 minutes, but it takes about 45 minutes or so to harden completely (I try to give it about an hour before I do anything too demanding with my nails). It is expensive, but I will repurchase these drops when I run out. (make sure the top is on good, or it will evaporate like others have said)

on 12/31/2008 12:53:00 AM

Wow. I love doing my nails but I ALWAYS - without fail- muck it up by being too impatient.. which makes it all so annoying in the end. I even managed to not budge for an hour waiting for my enamel to dry and still mess it up because it takes forever to harden. This product does wonders. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but that small bottle should last a bit since you only need 1-2 drops for each nail. I have a feeling I will be doing my nails more often now that I've found this product!

on 12/29/2008 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read some reviews on here for this product, but was still very skeptical, but decided to give it a try. I am very impatient when doing my nails and I figured if this could help me out any, it would be a good thing. Well, let me tell ya, this stuff is wonderful! Thing is - follow the directions exactly - and also, you really need a clear coat over top of your nail polish, let it dry for whatever time the bottle suggests, THEN use this stuff - and you will be amazed. Seems like my polish was always "gummy" even after I patiently let it dry forever but this stuff takes care of that. If you use is and wait - 5 minutes or so? whatever the instructions are - you will have rock-hard non budging nail polish. It is a bit pricey but worth every penny. I will definitely repurchase!

Popular Polishes