April 16, 2014 | 1033 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Half Baked Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first "exposure" to Half Baked eyeshadow was in the Naked Palette, which was my first experience (and a positive one) with Urban Decay shadows.

Half Baked is a lovely rich gold colour and while it looks frosty and almost florescent in the pan, it applies smoothly and imparts a beautiful sheen, rather than gaudy-looking frost or glitter. It looks so nice on the lid, with a darker, matte shade in the crease (though I've recently seen it used with a dark colour on the lid and this in/above the crease - the pic for it is at the top of the reviews for the Naked palette).

Basically, this shadow is what I wanted Woodwinked to be, minus the annoying tendency to turn orange on me. So if you are someone who has tried Woodwinked and returned it or given up on it because it went orange on you, do consider giving Half Baked a try. It will make your eyes sparkle!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by kris1818

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows. It's such a nice neutral gold color, not too yellow, not too orangey, just right. It goes on smoothly and on me it doesn't crease at all even without primer. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ggarcia

This color is one of the ones in the Naked Palette and I have done soo many looks with this color! It is the perfect golden, shimmery neutral ever!!! This is one of those colors that look good on EVERYBODY. I will definitely be buying this once i hit pan on the palette. This is a must on everyone's kit!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by kimmerz4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a pretty goldish color. It's one of my favorites to used. You just can't go wrong with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by KittyGlitter85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Half Baked is THE perfect gold. Many gold tones tend to be too dramatic or just yellow- but this is an absolutely gorgeous gold tone that is wearable for day or night. I use it with MAC's bare canvas paint as a base and it lasts all day, it has truly become one of my signature colors. It also looks awesome on my green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by shannonlovesmac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
-Amazing colour
-Smooth
-Super pigmented
-Lasts for a long time, even without a primer

Cons:
-None that I can think of!

Packaging:
I have Twice Baked in a few palettes, so I don't have to single version. I do, however, think Urban Decay's eyeshadow packaging is quite practical, just a simple flip-top lid.

Price:
Like I mentioned earlier, I recieved this in various palettes. But Urban Decay's eyeshadow's are in the $18-20 range, and even though it's expensive, the quality is outstanding.

Overall:
Urban Decay's Twice Baked is an amazing gold that I use often. It is great quality, and I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by streetlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Such a stunning color on my NW20 skin tone! It has a nice bronzy/gold coloring, and goes sooo perfectly with twice baked! Try it, try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd never have thought that shimmery metallic gold would be a good idea for me but this is one of the only wearable shades I've discovered in Urban Decay's sustainable shadow box. Its drama is subtle - no annoying clumps of glitter here - and while it looks better on my skin for evening wear I see no reason why it shouldn't be worn in the day. It is metallic, but the effect is very soft. It's a slightly warmer colour than I'd expect to get away with but I do, and I suspect the shade would be flattering to most. It lasts well - I know it will still be there giving my lids a dewy, luminous glow to the early hours. And my eyes, which are grey, suddenly look cornflower blue!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by karenmjoyce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous shade! It looks like sunshine on your eyes. It is good for day or evening. U.D. shades are the best in the industry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In the Summer when I get on my Gold kicks, Half Baked (subtle, lustrous bronze ) of my all time favorite go-to golds. Silky smooth and very bendable, also I didn't find this as warm a Baked. NW/NC 25