MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

on 10/26/2011 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The MAC sales woman showed me this color; at first I thought it'd be too dark for my skin, but when she had me apply it I fell in love!! I usually apply this with a lip brush to be precise and use a clear gloss to enhance the lustre. Overall a beautiful, natural color.

on 10/23/2011 11:40:00 AM

I wore this on my wedding day, its my go to day to night colour. I'm incredibly pale, ginger really and its a great colour for me. Will buy as long as they have it available.

on 10/22/2011 11:13:00 PM

My perfect neutral lip colour... love the consistency and scent of this product.

on 10/16/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I HATE this lipstick. The consistancy, colour, i just think its horrible and Mac have alot of other great nudes. I think my main problem with it is that it is to sheer to be a nude and makes you look dead. Maybe if i had darker skin it would work.

on 10/9/2011 3:41:00 PM

This is my lips but better lip color so it looks very natural. From far away, you can't even tell you are wearing lipstick. It is a pinky color with a slight red undertone. Has a slight sheen (I think this is a luster finish). Glides smoothly on lips. Love the sleek and classy packaging.

This product is acceptable for my lips. My lips are a very pale pink and this lipstick gives a sheer glow to my lips. A bit pricey, but deffinitely gonna repurchase.

on 9/14/2011 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the only lipstick I have ever used up - and repurchased! When I first bought it I was not happy, I didn't like the pale colour at all and didn't think it suited me (probably because I was used to wearing darker reds). I have, however, grown to absolutely love this pale pink with golden shimmer (a MLBB shade definately)! It's great for those "no makeup days". I will definately repurchase and I'd recommend everybody to at least try it once!

on 9/14/2011 7:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is one of my most used lipsticks. I absolutely LOVE it. Beautiful colour and all proceeds go to a good cause? Every lipstick wearing woman should have this one!
Its a gorgeous shimmery mauvey/rosey brown that goes well with my pigmented lips. Its a lustre formula which I admit isn't the best formula. It's quite sheer but it does have colour so don't worry, something will show up!
Its quite a versatile lipstick and because its so close to my lip colour, I can basically wear it with whatever e/s I want however, since it has shimmer, I'd wear it with matte e/s looks.
I definitely recommend this lipstick to all women, of all colours and ages:)

on 9/13/2011 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was one of those impulse, on-a-whim purchases for me. The only Viva Glam lipstick I ever considered buying was VG IV, but my MAC counter didn't have it in stock, and I wanted my next lipstick purchase to be Patisserie, but my counter didn't carry it. Apparently only the MAC stores carry it??
Anyway, I love the lustre finish in MAC l/s, and I immediately fell in love with this shade. How I skipped over this shade before, is a mystery to me. I'm NW15, with naturally pigmented lips (a bit more pigmented than normal), and I found this to be the perfect MLBB shade. PERFECT pinky neutral pearl rose. It looks a little dark in the tube, but being a lustre, of course it's going to be on the sheer side. It pulls a tad bit brown on me when built up, but it still looks gorgeous, and instantly brightens up my face no matter how I wear it. People look at this as a more 'mature' color, but I disagree, because of its sheerness. I also appreciate that every Viva Glam purchase goes toward a good cause. This is my fifth MAC lippie, and I can definitely see myself repurchasing this shade many times in the future. Lasting power was decent, around 4 hours without touchups (but I didn't eat anything, I just had a glass of iced tea during that time). With this lipstick, I instantly look 'naturally' made up. Need I say more? If you are a fair-skinned gal like me, go and get this lipstick!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a fantastic lipstick! And this is coming from someone who is not a lipstick person. I really like this lipstick because it is definitely a MLBB shade. I like to put this on to give my lips a hint of colour and shine and it brightens up my face a bit. It isn't too sparkly or drying. I can wear this on it's own and it is great, although I sometimes finish it off with Clinique's Long Last Glosswear in Bamboo Pink, which brings out the pink in Viva Glam V. I am NW20 but I imagine this lipstick would work well on almost anyone. This is by far my favourite lipstick. The packaging is sleek and well-done, too! I will be repurchasing this lipstick, especially since 100% of the purchase price supports the MAC AIDS Fund. I feel pretty good knowing that my lipstick purchase can provide a pair of shoes for a child, and other good things.

Popular Lipsticks