October 20, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE this lipstick! The color is just perfect...nude-ish with just a touch of pink. I use MAC's Subculture lip liner with it and it is awesome! perfect for everyday and when i go out, i add some clear gloss over it to give it some shine. would definitely recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

I love the color of this lip stick, and what I love even more is that 100% of the purchase price goes to charity. How cool is that??? I bought it as my first higher-end lipstick.

I'm so, so, so sad to say that I've had an allergic reaction to this lipstick. This isn't the first time it's happen by any means, but i was hoping it wouldn't happen with MAC. I think i'm allergic to the scent they use... most things i react to have a vanilla-y scent.

I refuse to return it because it goes to such a good cause, so i'm selling it to my aunt, who LOVES it. If you don't have a history with sensitive lips, then get this asap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I love this colour on my NC30 skintone. It's the first lustre lipstick that I've brought from MAC because usually I like their creme-sheen finishes better. It's not as frosty as I thought it would be, infact it has a nice shimmery pearl finish. The colour is like a MLBB (my lips but better) shade but with a slight mauve tone that looks very pretty and wearable for a day-to-day look. This would be a great colour for many skintones in my opinion because it's not too cool and not too warm.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by EverAbandoned

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah... I really love this lipstick. My second MAC lippy; I agree with many others that it is the shade of my lips, but enhanced! This lustre (sheer) neutral pink lipstick with shimmer is perfect for many people. I don't find it any bit drying and I never have the urge to put a gloss over it because it's shimmery. i've had the tube for about six months using it about everyday. Every cent was worth it, especially because it's for a good cause.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

My first Mac lippie purchase, i was buying an eyeliner and was attracted to the lipstick area, the saleslady helped me pick this shade out as i wanted a neutral pink. This is a lovely pink shade with a light gold sparkle to it. Very drying though so a lip balm or gloss on top is a must!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

It looks like previous reviewers have taken the words right out of my mouth. This lipstick, for me, is "like my natural lip colour - but better!" It makes for a nice neutralish pink lipstick for when I don't want too much emphasis on my lips. It adds a bit of a glossy look, but not bold. I could bounce back and forth between "Viva Glam V" and "Crosswires" and my magenta-coloured lipstick and I think I'd be set. I'm really glad that I purchased this lipstick. It's a classic. It never lets me down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NW44 so this is a nude lippie for me. I LOVE IT! Plus it has shine so I really don't feel the need to put lipgloss over it. It's perfectly nude and I don't need lipliner or lipglass if I don't want to add it or don't have time. I do want the matching lipglass because I don't want to change the color on this lipstick in any way. I also looked up what Viva Glam does when you buy a lipstick or lipglass and my $14.50 goes a loooong way. MAC rocks!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by xoxmelissaa

I loveloveloveee this lipstick! It's my everyday color if I put on any make up. The color is like my lip color, but better. It's a nice neutral pink color. I hardly ever wear lip gloss (I wouldn't want to anyways, I'm not the biggest lip gloss fan) over this because it already has a little bit of gold shimmer, so it's perfect :) I'm sure almost everyone would be able to rock this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by LacyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BACKGROUND INFO: I'm one of those people who prefer drugstore makeup over department store makeup. Mainly because since I'm a college student, I can't really afford MAC products (even though I know they work really, really good). I do own a couple department store beauty products, but for the most part, they're all drugstore stuff.

QUALITY: The best! Immediately upon applying this lipstick, it feels creamy, smooth, and heavenly! It applies really evenly and smooth on my lips. It doesn't chap my lips like most lip colors do (but then again, it may just be because I always wear my beloved Neutrogena Norwegian-Formula Lip Moisturizer underneath it). Of course, me being a sloppy lipstick applier, I always need to wear a lip liner.

COLOR: I absolutely love this shade! Everybody compliments me when I wear it--several people have already told me that "That's your color" (as if I didn't already know, lol!!!) and "That color looks great on you!!!". And, believe me, nothing could be more true! But, truth be told, this is actually a color that looks great on anyone. The pinky-mauve makes it wearable on any skin color, and wearable on any occassion (whether it be school, a party, or even the club). Also, I love the subtle shimmer! I hate the look of lip gloss, and I hate the look of matte lips--this lipstick provides the perfect degree of shimmer.

PACKAGING: Eh...The design of the tube isn't really special (it's the classic MAC lipstick tube; the only difference is instead of a silver rim, it's red), but it's really hardy. It never breaks or snaps, and the twisty thingy never gives me any trouble either. But still, for $14, I'd expect something more convenient or spectacular.

PRICE: Well, I already told you guys that I'm a college student on a major budget (I always buy drugstore makeup for that reason). This lipstick is kind of expensive...It's worth more like $10 than $14, but I guess that's what I should expect for a high-end lipstick.

REPURCHASE? Yes, but at checkout, I'll be hesitating when I hand over one of my beloved twenty dollar bills...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ashleyekw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Honestly I hate to say this but I dont like this lipstick . Its a little too dark to be a nude and a lot too weirdly coloured( if that makes sense ) to be a pink. No doubt this is a gorgeous colour but if you have somewhat pigmented lips like me this doesnt work. It basically just makes my lips look like a rosey brown frost. Maybe its because im so young? I think this is more of a mature colour. I could see someone wearing this to work who wants a barely their mature looking wash of colour to their lips. Honestly i would not repurchase but its a good quality lipstick.