October 1, 2014 | 1671 users online

Blush - NARS - Gilda

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by uhohemmylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved the color when I saw it on the shelf at Sephora and I just had to have it. I didn't know when I would wear it or whether or not I would really like it on my face (I just tested it on the back of my hand,) but I've had it for a few weeks now and I really like it so far! This blush has so much pigment and it really bright so I always make sure that I'm only using a tiny little bit. If you use to much you tend to look like a weird porcelain doll (esp. if you're a bit pale).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Retailjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it, love it, love it on my cheeks! However, use only a slight of hand when applying this...it is, after all, an extremely high-pigmented blush (or else risk looking like a doll gone horribly wrong). My pale skin really brightened and warmed up with this apricot coral concoction. I tried Orgasm before but the contrast on my skin just made it even more unnaturally pale.

Gilda is a great blush to go with a nice nude lipstick and smudged, lined eyes...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2009 7:30:00 AM More reviews by natalia_cheng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the colour of this but the first time I tried it on my hand I got a really weird rash with tiny bumps which has only just sort of healed.
I thought it could have been something else, seen I always try products on my hand so a couple of months later, I went back to try it on a clean patch on my hand but got the same weird rash almost immediately after.
Luckily I didn't try it on my face.
While I'm fine with Orgasm, Zen, Amour and Nico (the only other Nars blushes I have tried on my hand a face), this one had a really strange effect on me.
Other than that, I love Nars blushes and this colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first NARS blush. looks great in the summertime when i'm a bit darker, not sure how it will look in the wintertime. as others have stated, this is a peachy/orange/coral color - and a little bit goes a long way. i love that it does not have any shimmer, i'm oily so the last thing i want to do is add shine to my face! this instantly adds a healthy glow to your face, i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by miss_kate

I loooove Gilda. It's such a gorgeous peachy coral color. I love that it's matte but can easily be shimmery with a swipe of a powder highlighter or even another shimmery blush like Deep Throat or Orgasm for more dimension.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by DazzleStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok so this is probably the most PIGMENTED blush you'll find. I personally love it on my NC40 skin. Its an apricot peach color which only needs a slight sweep of your brush to get a big effect on your cheeks.
A massive positive is that there is absolutely NO shimmer at all, completely matte.

Works better on my skin when i'm a bit more tan though - if you're fair skinned i'd probably stay away from this though to avoid looking clown like :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love Gilda.. *swoon* got this when a lovely MUA'er CP'ed it for me when she went overseas.. Gilda gives me this awesome pink guava/apricot glow on the cheeks that looks very natural yet noticable. love to pair this with natural/neutral looks. light hand application & a good blush brush is all you need with this baby.

Pros: hella pigmented,gorgeous matte color,very blendable, awesome staying power,sleek & elegant packaging. didn't break out my dry & sensitive skin too. Gilda made me look fresh & very youthful when i wear it =D

Cons: umm,the price? lol. but i don't mind since it's such a great quality blush.

Color: matte pink guava color, like a pink with orange tone. i may describe the color as apricot too. def. a very pretty blush.

Packaging: sleek & elegant black packaging with the great quality mirror inside. slim & sturdy too. easy to bring for travel or to put inside purse for touch-up.

Repurchase: yep, in a heartbeat if i can finish it..

Reference: NC35/40. tan skin w/ yellow or golden tones. dark brown eyes & hair. dry & sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by star_blueanise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely lovely natural coral blush! NARS blushes are by far the best quality, hands down. I've tried alot of NARS blushes and because I'm not into shimmery makeup, NARS matte blushes are my favourite! Sadly, they don't make enough, as most of their blushes contain pigments of shimmer. While orgasm didn't quite show up on my skin colour (all I really saw was the gold shimmer left over), deep throat was also meh, I was interested to try torrid though. Anyways, back to gilda, this is a coral blush with a peachy pink undertone. It's beautiful because it's pigmented and really freshens and wakes up the face. This is going to be my favourite blush going into the summer time :) The colour is also very simliar to my natural blush colour.

Other NARS blushes I have are Amour, Mata Hari, Dolce Vita, and Cactus Flower. Yeah, notice they are all matte blushes except for cactus flower, I find myself purchasing the shimmery blushes but then always end up returning them =/ If you are like me for the natural look, definitely check out NARS blushes!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Harp88

I love this, a soft peach leaning more towards orange. It looks lovely in the summertime and very natural too, just apply with a light hand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

The color is a pretty apricot/coral tone without shimmer. This might be a nice choice for those that like sheer blushes, but I really prefer pigmented cream blushes. When I applied this, I had to use quite a few layers to get the look I wanted. I'm not sure how pigmented most Nars powder blushes are, but I think that I'll stick with their cream blushes