July 29, 2014 | 2154 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by jayescott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Strobe cream. I use it before putting my makeup on, and it moisturizes without creating a greasy base for my foundation like some other creams I have used. It puts a subtle glow on my skin without being glittery, almost like crushed pearls. The only thing that could make it better is if it had a sunscreen in it, but since my foundation has one that doesn't really bother me. I would recommend this product to anyone with any skin type as a light moisturizer that is perfect for daytime and does a nice job of highlighting the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by jchoi128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The famous MAC Strobe Cream.
It's so unique but I don't use this product as a everyday moisturizer 'cream'. I personally don't find this cream moisturizing at all. Despite all the "good stuff" in the strobe cream, I don't think it really does much for my skin when it's tired and dull other than brightening with its super-fine micro opal pearls. So it's a perfect highlighter or a base for me. I usually like to use it after foundation just on the high planes of my face (cheekbones, t-zone) which really gives a beautiful glow to the skin. Not too noticeable and yet gives a GLOW. I can use it underneath my foundation all over the face but that really gives a shine all over so I prefer to use just as a spot highlighter. I've tried a lot of different highlighters and similar products to the MAC Strobe Cream but I really think this is a UNIQUE product. The one and only, MAC Strobe Cream. Nothing comes close, really. I would have to buy it over and over again :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by CaramelBae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Omg I am so upset with this product that I had to write this review! This product is absolutely horrible!! For a while I was using it and noticed a slight subtle glow that it gave but it honestly doesn't do anything that major for your skin, once you apply foundation and powder I feel like that glow slightly disappears. I bought the smaller version to use under my studio fix fluid foundation that I noticed is wayyy to dull looking and flattens my face once applied but this really didnt help much so I stopped using it for awhile. Then I decided to give it a go again today under the new lancome foundation and omg I am so mad at myself that I did. I applied this in the morning and by the end of the night I had 6 large cystic blemishes on my chin area and nose! They were so red and painful and they came out of no where! I'm really strict with skincare regimen and use peter thomas roth's acne line and haven't broken out since until today! I can't believe how bad this product clogged my pores and caused this acne after one use! I'm definitely throwing it in the trash and wouldn't recommend this at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff. I use it under my MAC Face and Body foundation or mix it with my MUFE HD foundation to make it more sheer. The result is dewy, luminous, lit-from-within skin. If you're thinking this is glitter, think again. It's just a lovely, almost irridescent cream that glides on your skin and imparts a healthy glow. It is pricey, however. The price is $30 for 50mL (not counting my PRO discount), but it's worth it. I love the dewy look, and this delivers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ymn1222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As an esthetician, I am always looking for products that will enhance my complexion yet also have beneficial effects on the skin. I have found the MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream to be a lightweight hydrator that provides the skin with a very dewy finish. I personally use it under my airbrush makeup and it adds this beautiful sheen to my skin. I receive so many compliments how my face "just glows". You do not need to use much, a small pea-sized amount does the job. I love it and recommend this product to my patients.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I really love this cream. I have combination skin, and this product really helps to moisturize my dry patches this winter. I apply it before applying my foundation to my cheeks, nose, and forehead avoiding my chin which tends to be really oily. I would say this product is best for dry, normal and combination skin. Oily skin types should avoid this product. Also, this product imo can be used as a daily moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by mka87

Awful. Just awful. Smells like fish and feels very dry on the skin. If I could give this a 0 out of 5 I would. Seriously broke me out after one use of being mixed in with my foundation. I can't highlight how horrific this is enough. A truly awful product from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love strobe cream! I see that people use this in lots of different ways, but for me this is simply my daily moisturiser and I use it pretty generously. It gives my skin a lovely, luminous finish and just makes my look generally more healthy and bright without ever looking glittery, shiny or sparkly. I've been using this for about 18 months now and I don't know what it is about Strobe Cream but I think that the overall condition of my skin has improved quite considerably, my skin just looks healthier and better so the antioxidants and other good ingredients must be doing their stuff. I normally use unscented products but I LOVE the subtle fresh smell of this and don't mind putting it on my face at all, and although I have combination skin it's never broken me out. It's a very good daily moisturiser for someone with normal/combination skin but I would imagine that someone with very dry skin might need to mix with a heavier moisturiser. The tube is great too - looks chic, is sanitary and I can get every last drop of product out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I don't understand this product... It is supposed to give moisture, and it does not refine the skin... So why don't use your ordinary moisturizer? MAC is a makeup brand, and if you need a moisturizer, why not rely on a real skincare brand..? Or is it me not understanding this product....

It feels nice and ok, but nothing more... I also have really oily skin, so this is mayby to "shiny" for my taste.... It is maybe better for dry skintypes....?

The girl in the shop said that this was the best thing to wear under makeup, especially for acne-prone skin...but honestly I don't understand what she meant. Cause I don't see any point with it... :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find this is better for a "glowy" look. I prefer powder highlighters like gold deposit for a "BAM" kind of highlight and this gives an overall "bam" kind of highlight. Definetly a low key subtle glow. I apply after primer or mix it with my studio moisture tint. I would rebuy.