September 2, 2014 | 1711 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I put a little on the top of my cheeks, and right above my eyebrows when I go out. Every time I wear it other girls tell me my skin looks flawless & ask about my skincare routine. My skin is nothing special, it is all because of the strobe cream, I'm sure of it. It's a little expensive for a highlighter, but it lasts such a long time, at least a year for me. I've only bought the cream, not the thinner liquid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MidnightPurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this as a glowy highlighter. I just blend a bit onto my cheeks for that lit from within glow others have mentioned. I do not like my whole face to appear glowy but on my cheeks its really pretty. It brightens my whole face up and draws attention up to my eyes. It looks subtle and nice compared to powder highlighters. It's not glittery which I love. You can wear it under concealer for a brighter under eye look too. I don't think it's really worth it to wear under heavier foundation and powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I like Strobe Cream but it's definitely not a necessity for me. I usually use this at night to go out when I spend more time on my makeup. I apply it over my primer to give me a nice glow or I mix it in with my foundation and apply it that way. If I am using a thicker foundation sometimes I like to mix this in to sheer it out. It is a pretty versatile product and that is why I like it. It could also be used as a highlighter, but I haven't tested this out. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin even though it is lightly scented, and I don't mind the smell. The tube will last a long time if you use it occasionally.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by suchaclassylady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It gives my dry, flaky skin a beautiful glow, a little goes a long way. It doesn't break out my eczematous skin, sting, burn, or dry out during the day. I'm still looking for cheaper substitues though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by jayescott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Strobe cream. I use it before putting my makeup on, and it moisturizes without creating a greasy base for my foundation like some other creams I have used. It puts a subtle glow on my skin without being glittery, almost like crushed pearls. The only thing that could make it better is if it had a sunscreen in it, but since my foundation has one that doesn't really bother me. I would recommend this product to anyone with any skin type as a light moisturizer that is perfect for daytime and does a nice job of highlighting the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by jchoi128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The famous MAC Strobe Cream.
It's so unique but I don't use this product as a everyday moisturizer 'cream'. I personally don't find this cream moisturizing at all. Despite all the "good stuff" in the strobe cream, I don't think it really does much for my skin when it's tired and dull other than brightening with its super-fine micro opal pearls. So it's a perfect highlighter or a base for me. I usually like to use it after foundation just on the high planes of my face (cheekbones, t-zone) which really gives a beautiful glow to the skin. Not too noticeable and yet gives a GLOW. I can use it underneath my foundation all over the face but that really gives a shine all over so I prefer to use just as a spot highlighter. I've tried a lot of different highlighters and similar products to the MAC Strobe Cream but I really think this is a UNIQUE product. The one and only, MAC Strobe Cream. Nothing comes close, really. I would have to buy it over and over again :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by CaramelBae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Omg I am so upset with this product that I had to write this review! This product is absolutely horrible!! For a while I was using it and noticed a slight subtle glow that it gave but it honestly doesn't do anything that major for your skin, once you apply foundation and powder I feel like that glow slightly disappears. I bought the smaller version to use under my studio fix fluid foundation that I noticed is wayyy to dull looking and flattens my face once applied but this really didnt help much so I stopped using it for awhile. Then I decided to give it a go again today under the new lancome foundation and omg I am so mad at myself that I did. I applied this in the morning and by the end of the night I had 6 large cystic blemishes on my chin area and nose! They were so red and painful and they came out of no where! I'm really strict with skincare regimen and use peter thomas roth's acne line and haven't broken out since until today! I can't believe how bad this product clogged my pores and caused this acne after one use! I'm definitely throwing it in the trash and wouldn't recommend this at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff. I use it under my MAC Face and Body foundation or mix it with my MUFE HD foundation to make it more sheer. The result is dewy, luminous, lit-from-within skin. If you're thinking this is glitter, think again. It's just a lovely, almost irridescent cream that glides on your skin and imparts a healthy glow. It is pricey, however. The price is $30 for 50mL (not counting my PRO discount), but it's worth it. I love the dewy look, and this delivers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ymn1222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As an esthetician, I am always looking for products that will enhance my complexion yet also have beneficial effects on the skin. I have found the MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream to be a lightweight hydrator that provides the skin with a very dewy finish. I personally use it under my airbrush makeup and it adds this beautiful sheen to my skin. I receive so many compliments how my face "just glows". You do not need to use much, a small pea-sized amount does the job. I love it and recommend this product to my patients.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I really love this cream. I have combination skin, and this product really helps to moisturize my dry patches this winter. I apply it before applying my foundation to my cheeks, nose, and forehead avoiding my chin which tends to be really oily. I would say this product is best for dry, normal and combination skin. Oily skin types should avoid this product. Also, this product imo can be used as a daily moisturizer.