MAC Frost - Naked Lunch

4.4

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neontanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, [ /- silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride

on 4/10/2012 1:09:00 PM

First i would like to point out that i am in my late thirties, blonde hair, blue eyed with a fair (but not necessarily alabaster skin) - i'd say Kate Hudson/Gweneth Paltrow.

So, at the Mac counter, this eyeshadow looked divine!! On my finger there was a high pigmented, wonderously silky frosted pale pink with a hint of champagne - lovely.

However, when i got it home and tried in on my bar lid, it barely shows. You don't see any of the pink, but rather a faint pale champagne sheen that looks slightly like shine but is devoid of pigment. No matter how much product i used, i couldn't get any color whatsoever plus is kind of make my eyelids look unsmooth and scaley.

Keep in mind that its winter so i'm pale, so it might look better for me in summer and would definately show up on a darker complexion.

For reference, I absolutely ADORE Jest and Phloof which show up beautifully on my eye lids, but Naked Lunch is invisible on my skin.

Will not buy again. Will try again in summer but will likely give it away.

on 4/5/2012 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at a MAC warehouse sale in one of the 4 dollar bins (that's why I rated it dirt cheap due to circumstances) and maybe it was a bad pot or something but I just really don't like this shadow. I can never get it to show up on my skin, the only way I can use this is to put a white base and PACK on the colour, or else I might as well be wearing nothing. I've used it over paint pots, NYX jumbo pencils bla bla bla list goes on. Sigh, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I was disappointed because people were scrounging looking for that one particular shadow so I thought I'd give it a shot. I didn't put this as a worst just because I do have a use for it by putting it on my lid with the white base and using a brown crease colour, but I can do that with any pink shadow so this one isn't so special. I won't repurchase because that means spending CDN $14.50 on something I wouldn't even pay 2 dollars for.

on 4/4/2012 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I didn't care for this color too much,it was foundationy-looking =(
just didn't work with my skin tone but,it is super soft and easy to apply!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Gorgeous all over lid color. It's a light, natural pink with a light shimmery frost. I love wearing this for days where I just want simple makeup.

Edit (3/9/14):
Originally I said that I would not repurchase this product but I change my mind. This color is ridiculously gorgeous when paired up with purple toned eyeshadows in the crease or outer V. My faves being mains sketch, embark and Swiss chocolate.

on 3/6/2012 6:33:00 PM

I love Naked Lunch! I can't believe it took me so long to finally purchase it! This has become my HG shadow for low-makeup days, when I just wear MSFN, some blush, and I swipe Naked Lunch over the lid. This shadow is great for a more dramatic look too. I am NW15 and this looks like my natural skintone with a bit of shimmer. It is comparable to Brule, but not matte. The shadow lasts long, especially when I use it over a paint pot. I really love this shadow, I am very close to hitting pan and I have only had it for a few months! Great every-day neutral!

on 3/4/2012 6:04:00 PM

nw 20 for reference. its frosty and almost invisible on me which is good in this case as frosty colors accentuate my "wrinkly" eyelids (due to skin's texture). its not like phloof "discoball" but still you get a bit of frosty pinkish beige shimmer which is suitable for a day time look or a night time look. although its my second naked lunch i dont know if i would repurchase it.

on 3/4/2012 12:24:00 PM

Ever so slightly pinky-peach-beige neutral with subtle sheen, which acts as ideal lower lid base wash for subdued daytime looks.

on 2/23/2012 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great champagne/nude pink color that really lives up to it's name. It looks very natural with a hint of shimmer and works well as an all over lid color or used for the inner corner. I personally can't use it as a highlighter through because it shows up too pink on my skin for that and therefore looks strange under my brows. It looks much better on my lids. I don't really have any pink undertone at all so maybe that is why.

on 2/15/2012 6:50:00 AM

My favourite eyeshadow for everyday wear. Its a lovely natural colour and stays put all day without any creasing.

on 2/14/2012 10:40:00 PM

Amazing natural color for your lids, but I speak especially for asian coloring! Quick throw on for a busy morning.

Top Rated MAC Products