Dior Hypnotic Poison

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love the scent of almonds and vanilla, and love a nice big frag that lasts forever. This fits the bill. HG!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Dior Hypnotic Poison has been my signature fragrance now for 4 years, I adore it! I have quite a collection of fragrances but this is in no danger of leaving my number one spot any time soon.

Here is the kicker-I detest cloying, sugary, sweet fragrances. Ghosts Sweetheart and Fantasy by Britney Spears (bluergh!) to name a couple. What I love in a big way however is the smell of almond, I wear nut based body butters from The Body Shop to go with the majority of my perfumes (brazil nut body butter being my current favourit) this seems to eccentuate what i deem to be the better notes in perfume.

Hypnotic Poison is like nothing I have ever had the pleasure of smelling before (gladly welcomes any suggestions btw!) it is so distinct, so deep, sexy and sultry yet sophisticated and irresistable! The vanilla is controlled enough to not be sickly so that the whole concoction stays at that perfect level of sex appeal and sophistication. I also have the shower gel and body lotion but personally I think that all 3 together can be a bit much.

If ever I wear another perfume to go out and someone is wearing Hypnotic, it induces a completely irrational rush of envy in me! Of course I cannot express disdain at another ladies impecible taste now can I?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love pure poison. when I received this hypnotic poison fragrance as a birthday present, I have opened the package and throw away its box as I thought it would be as nice as pure poison. but when I tried it on my skin it was so heavy, sugary and not fresh. this smell doesnt go away and it lasts so long and I hate it more. I wish I have kept the box as I could sell it on the net. but now it just lays in my bathroom cupboard. I have also not liked this smell when my colleague is wearing it. it makes me sick when i smell this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a huge fan of gourmand sweet scents, but not this one. I was recommended this at Dillards since I said I was looking for a vanilla scent. But this just pulled off as a straight up licorice. No vanilla. I'll pass.

I have subconsciously avoided Dior scents all throughout my teens and early-twenties, but stumbled upon this at Ulta one day when I was looking for something new. I sprayed it, noticed its root beer qualities, then forgot about it. Later that day, I noticed how the root beer scent faded, leaving a creamy, warm, very addictive glow behind. Went back the next day and bought it.

This is a must have for any gourmand lover, and I like that it can be dressed up or down. It wouldn't feel out of place with jeans and hair in a ponytail, nor would it feel too casual with a cocktail dress and gloves. It manages to morph with whatever you are wearing.

I did take off one point for it being fairly expensive--it's not cringe-worthy, but it's definitely not something I would carelessly buy. However, I do love it and will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One word to describe it: cheap- it has the word written all over it. It's packaging-extremely tacky(what is it supposed to look like? The apple given to snow white?).It smells like vanilla, almonds, and rootbeer. It is alleged to smell 'sexy', which is why so many women flock to buy this fragrance, knowing all too well that they don't associate vanilla with sex. Why some people seem to associate gourmand fragrances with sex is beyond me in the first place. Consequently, the crowd it attracts is a cheap one-women who wear this fragrance just because it is 'supposed' to 'attract' others. The only thing I see it attracting is nausea.

Love this perfume. In college a girl on my floor would always spray this as she was leaving and finally I caught her one day to ask what it was. This was it! I love it. it is very different from other perfumes, and doesn't smell like anything else I've ever tried. I am on my 2nd bottle and will be getting another one when I run out. It is more my night time/ winter fragrance because of its warmth and depth.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smells like play-dough.Certain people love to wear the hell outta this to many peoples misfortune.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

One-shot review from an in-store tester:

Top note: very strong teaberry (traditional bubblegum smell, if you can imagine it without sugar).

Middle notes: teaberry, woods, vanilla, musk, and something that smells like...dirty laundry. But creamy, and strong.

Base notes: pleasant vanilla musk.

Overall: this fragrance really didn't work with my chemistry. The top and middle stages were both very strong, and a bit unpleasant. I felt a bit nauseous when I was driving around after spraying the tester. After about 45 minutes, it was OK, but I really feel I could get the effect of the base notes in a Body Fantasies spray for a lot less money and without the unfortunate drydown. If you have problems with "dirty laundry" notes in fragrances, avoid this, because the culprit is strong in this one. (No, I don't know what ingredient causes it).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been wearing Hypnotic Poison on-and-off for about eight years. This is the one perfume that has stayed in my collection and rotation for one reason - it smells amazing.

To me, Hypnotic Poison smells like spicy vanilla. Even though it's very vanilla-y, it's not an immature or overpowering vanilla. It's very sophisticated and warm. Despite it being more on the warm side, it is definitely wearable in the spring and summer months. The scent also lasts and lasts. As much as I adore Hypnotic Poison, it's one of those perfumes that I only reach for once in a blue moon mainly because I have a collection of perfumes that I like to rotate so I don't get bored. Even though I only wear this occasionally, I still get compliments on it. Considering I'm on my second bottle, I would likely buy this again because, for me, this is just a classic scent.

Popular Fragrances