April 19, 2014 | 1032 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by jeanjeantata

this significantly reduces my pimples but i do not think it does a good job in cleansing. not a good cleanser esp when i wake up in the morning with my face really oily, i have to wash twice in order to make sure my face is clean. it is a really gentle soap, nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by zbiutz

i use it for my sensitive, oily, acnee prone skin.
it does a good job at cleaning my skin.
it does not leave residue, nor does it make me break out.
i believe it to be one of the more expensive gel cleansers, but it does last a long tine, and for the luxury of not irritating my skin, price is less important

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I have "intolerant" skin. Avene nailed it with that wording. I react and break out from weird, common and uncommon triggers - dietary, hormonal and cosmetic (mostly cosmetic I think, these days). So I bought this on a whim when Neutrogena extra gentle cleanser was doing nothing harmful or beneficial for me, and I was still clogged and congested. So the Avene display at SDM lured me with it's promise of solutions for "intolerant skin". Bought this with the spray water and Triacneal. My first impression was wow, why did they make this so scented if it's for sensitive skin? But I tried it anyway. It has been true to it's promise of being gentle. The fragrance isn't noticeable to me now after six weeks, nor has it irritated my skin thankfully. It can be a bit drying if used while spot treating during the day with BP, but BP is drying. This has mild lactic acid in it, and it has helped my oilies, helped with my acne and helps clear away makeup and sunscreen (I wash twice at night). The bonus? You only need a pea sized blob. I am not even 1/4 into my bottle yet. The funny twist cap? I actually like it. It's clever. Bit tricky in the shower but I always find myself clearing blockages in pump bottle nozzles with a pipe cleaner. So yeah, it's well worth a try unless your skin is very dry. I expect my bottle to last me months and months. This pleases my wallet and hopefully keeps pleasing my skin. Combined with Triacneal at night, I am slowly but surely clearing up and decongesting my "intolerant" skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by purpleziqian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because it is having sales! I saw the banners and I thought I should give it a try~ I told the sales lady that this is the first time I am using, so I only bought the cleanance soapless gel. She gave me sample of toner and pimple cream for me to try. How sweet of her :D I like the packaging because it is very hygienic as it only turns left and right. Not like the others that has a cap which is quite a mess. I would definitely re-purchase this product :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by kelkelkel87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Have tried dozens of commercial cleansers (Clean and clear etc). Almost finishing my 1st bottle of this product.

Here's what i think:
Pros: Does its job of removing oil and impurities from the surface of skin. However, does not control oil of face. Face still becomes oily after like 3 to 4 hours. Relative inexpensive if u purchase it from good sources (online etc).
Cons: Product also contains fragrance and colouring.

Have also read that avene thermal water (50% of this product) is neutral in pH. Which im not sure is good or bad as i read that skin needs to have acid mantle and acne and bacteria thrives on alkaline pH.

Will probably repurchase for the time being due to the fact that it did its basic job and as im also adding honey as a part of my regiment right now. This is to make sure that honey is indeed effective and not due to other factors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by StilettoQueen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've repurchased this cleanser about five times over :). I have oily/acne-prone skin, and this beauty really does the job, it's a staple in my routine. Really leaves my skin feeling clean, not overly oily or too dry, or tight. I like the packaging too, I can easily get every last drop out and I like the twist top. If I'm wearing makeup I use a makeup removing cleanser first and then this, I don't want to waste this great product on simple makeup removal. And you only need a little bit at a time. Actually if you use too much it doesn't lather as nicely, you only need about a quarter sized dollop to do the job. For anyone with oily skin or acne issues or both, I HIGHLY recommend this, worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by moony88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using cetaphil for years and I thought it was the best cleanser but boy I was wrong when I switched to this cleanser. This cleanser markedly reduced the blackheads which have been residing on my nose since puberty, it is not drying and it did not break me out at all! Blackheads are still there but much less. Made my skin look somewhat brighter/clearer after several weeks. This cleanser is great but not perfect, it doesn't control the oiliness of my face. My face would still start becoming oily after a 3-4 hours. And, it contains fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Somewhat overly fragranced, but a nice gentle foaming cleanser. I use this with my Clarisonic daily in the AM and it helps to keep my skin clear without drying it out. Packaging is perfect - a easy to squeeze plastic bottle topped by a twist open/close cap with a tiny hole. A little goes a long way, so I think the price is fair. On second bottle and will buy again for my boyfriend, but I've moved on to a non-foaming gel cleanser I love from Aesop.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG cleanser! I have very sensitive, acne and clog prone skin. I also get eczema on my face. This is amazing! It doesn't bug my skin, it controls my oil all day, it doesn't make my eczema worse if I have it and best of all it doesn't break me out or give me clogged pores! I've been using it for a few months now and my skin went from bad with regular breakouts to nothing. It also really helped clear up the cysts I had way faster. I still get the occasional blemish but this face wash kills it right away. This is the clearest my face has been in years. It's not that expensive either in the UK, one bottle with last for months. I can never see myself switching from this cleanser. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Nishwoman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was using a Neutrogena gentle moisturizing cleanser and I found plugs forming in my skin for over a month and some. I cleansed my skin this evening with this product and found it did a deep cleaning right away and was gentle as well. We shall see though if this product works for me in the next couple months as I suffer from acne and redness that I have not seen a derm for yet. Fingers Crossed.