Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

4.4

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Tiglyceride, Butylene Glycol,Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydrogenated Stearyl Olive Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Ceteary Alcohol, PEG-75 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Seed Oil, Squalane, Dimethicone, Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima/Avacado Oil, Steareth-20, Ceteareth-20, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Eucalyptus Globulus/Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice 685230/5 Code F.LL.: D8409/1 Made In U.S.A. 1/26/12

on 12/12/2008 2:05:00 PM

My HG handcream

The texture is quite thick but it will absorbs after 2-3 mins.

Very moisturising. I use it when my hands feel really dry or after shower. I also use Nivea hand nourishing cream when I only need little moisturising. This is even better than Elizabeth Arden 8 hour hand cream.

The smell is a bit off (like medicine however still better than EA 8h) but it will disappear very quickly or if I use it after shower with Lush shower gel, I wouldn't even notice it.

This will a too thick to use in humid weather in Asia

on 12/7/2008 8:17:00 PM

im on my 2nd tube. it is a great hand cream. does a good job for dry, tired, active hands. protects them from dryness. wow!! my husband and i use this cream together- we both like it so much.

on 12/5/2008 12:18:00 PM

If it weren't for the smell... I'd totally buy again. It's not super strong but I notice it and it's weird. Not even sure how to describe it, like wet rubber maybe. It's very nice otherwise, sinks in fairly well (takes a few minutes) and makes my hands so soft. Very moisturizing just wish it was unscented. Too expensive to be stinky.

on 10/1/2008 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Expensive but super duper good it's not funny! The formula is exceptional. It really does what it says - makes you feel like you're wearing gloves after application. Formula absorbs in very quickly (within a min) and it doesn't feel greasy. I must say, the smell isn't great but hey if it performs the way it does, I don't mind. Definitely worth the investment esp. if you have OCD and would wask your hands regularly.

on 9/13/2008 8:36:00 AM

I found a tube of this salve at work, and my parched hands screamed in gratitude as i slathered this ultra rich and hydrating concoction all over them. WoW! I didn't know what was in this moisture potion but I made sure to grab a tube of my own the next time I visited a Kiehl's store. I mainly use this before I go to bed because it restores moistures while I sleep. A bit too hearty as a day time hand cream, but amazing in it's own right! $12.50 for 2.5 oz

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

was introduced to this hand salve sometime in 2006 and just by reading its product description, I was very eager to give this a try. It's got a light, minty scent and when you rub it into your hands, you'll feel a slight cool vapor effect. There is no extra greasiness save for the initial envelope of moisture that protects your hands from external aggressions. It claims to draw and absorb moisture from the air, forming a barrier like a glove would. I remember once washing my hands hours after an application completely forgetting that I had slapped some on before leaving the house and it felt like I was washing off a tiny coat of wax off. It stuck me because I was surprised at how the salve was still on my hands hours after my forgotten application. And if there is one thing you want from your hand cream, it's the ability to stay on and last.

It contains a blend of botanical oils as well as natural wax derived from Olives Oil to soothe, moisturize and repair the appearance of sever dryness caused by various factors. I can feel a difference in the texture of my hands and like that, I am sold.

on 6/6/2008 1:02:00 PM

This hand salve is amazing. This product is great for us with dry hands. My mum has super dry hands and she loves this hand salve. The texture is nice. Even though it's a bit on the thick side it's super easy to apply.

The only downside is the scent, which is a tad bit medical smelling. However, the scent goes away pretty fast. And to me it's not a problem. I don't find the scent to be too annoying. The price is a bit expensive, but you do get a lot of product for the money. A little goes a long way. I definitely think this hand salve is worth it.

I got a generous sample of this at the Kiehl's store and I'm definitely going to buy the full size product when I've finished my current tube.

continued >>

on 4/27/2008 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The best thing about this is how quickly it absorbs for a thick, heavy cream. It's practical in the sense that you can apply it and within one minute there's no greasy feeling, so you can get on with whatever you were doing. Kiehl's claims that this product "allows skin to actually draw and absorb water from the air, forming a 'glove-like' protective barrier against moisture loss". While I can't say that I've noticed any "barrier" exactly, this does keep my hands moisturized for longer than the average product I've tried. The one thing that would possibly keep me from repurchasing this product is the smell. To me, this stuff smells awful and mediciny. Masculine but not in a good way. I know that Kiehl's probably wanted this to be a unisex lotion, so a floral/strong perfumey scent is out, but I'd much rather just have this unscented.

on 4/21/2008 10:34:00 AM

This hand salve is in my day bag. Even though it's texture is thick, it instantly melts and soaks into your skin and moisturizes extremely well. It's not sticky, dries quickly and I love the scent of the eucalyptus! It's refreshing, uplifting and clean! I would also recommend this for a man or someone who dislikes the overly perfumed hand lotions out there.

on 4/3/2008 10:09:00 PM

Hydrates dry paper-cut prone hands without giving any overwhelming scent. I would say it gives the slightest hint of eucalyptus even though I didn't read that in the ingredients.

I believe the 5.0 Fl oz tube I bought was $19 at the store. A tad pricier than the typical hand lotion that I would buy but it has lasted me over a year so far.

Popular Lotions / Creams