November 28, 2014 | 982 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by pvb_golfgal

I love this stuff! Been using it for years and it does the job every time! It's the only foundation or concealer I use. Love how thick it is and its staying power. Hope they continue to make it for many years to come.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by smile244

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought this product because i read fairly good reviews about but i have to say this product disappointed me. it drys up really fast and looks cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by oboro

I've been using this concealer for a year due to my acne problem (which is still a HUGE issue). I'm not really sure if this prevents or heals acne, but the coverage is ok I suppose. The reason why I've been using this product the whole time is that I'm scared of trying out other concealers, since I don't want to make my acne worse. The color doesn't completely match my skin tone after blending, probably because I'm half Asian and have a bit of a yellow undertone. The concealer looks a bit orange-ish pink. It also dries out way too quickly, so it's hard to blend and it looks cakey. I have to apply foundation after the concealer because of this. But on the flip side, it hides blemishes well.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by KaylieS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dries too quickly, so it's hard to blend into your skin.
Looks cakey and too obvious that you put on make up.

The product contains salicylic acid, so you're not supposed to use in your eye area because it's too harsh.
But, the acid does nothing to help my pimples, so it's pointless.

I'm VERY disappointed with this concealer and will NEVER buy again.
Definitely not worth the money, as it's quite expensive.

Because I still have a ton left, I feel bad for throwing it out so I'm currently using it for scars on my legs, where it'll be less noticeable that I put something on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ChronicKat

I've been using this concealer for about six months now. I really like it. The coverage is good, and for me it lasts all day. It gets ne through an 8 hour shifts at work, even when I'm sweating. I use this and Skin79 Super Plus BB Cream and that is plenty of coverage with this to cover my pimples on my chin. I'm not sure if it helps to heal the zits, but it certainly doesn't make them worse, unlike other concealer. One thing I don't like about it is the packaging. Its in one of those lip gloss like tubes with a wand, not very sterile and those things do not work well for applying it. I just reported it into an empty lip balm jar, and I use a concealer brush to pat over my blemishes on my chin, and then a clean finger to blend around the edges. It works very well that way for me. This is my HG pimple concealer! Now to find the perfect under eye concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by SeulLee

I bought this because I'm going through a serious blemish phase and I read all the positive reviews on it so I decided to try it out. It gives AMAZING coverage, nearly perfect. It would probably give flawless finish if you wore it over foundation (I just wear the concealer). It didn't really "heal" the blemishes but I didn't really care because of the amazing coverage. Would definitely repurchase (:

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by GiuliaBandanza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So i bought this originally for a friend who needed it on a CVS run... she needed it in the medium tone and ended up not wanting it after my buying of it... At the time i had a few zits on my face and tried it out and ended up really liking it. The only problem... the skin tone was wayyyy off. So when i wear it i layer a much lighter concealer on top. Sometimes i'll use it as an overnight treatment. I think it works great for me although i know a few people who don't like it so much. I really think it depends on your skin type. This is great for people who have a few zits at a time... not someone who is acne-prone. I love the consistency because it really stays put throughout the day and looks fine even for under eye circles! I like the wand style because it makes for easy, precise application, and the slim tube makes it idea for just tossing it in your makeup bag. Next time i come around to a CVS run i'm definitely buying this in my shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lmfaomiranda

I have this concealer in the shade medium. I usually get acne on my forehead, around my nose, and on my chin. The concealer is great for covering past acne scars, but for current breakouts, I really have to apply more than one layer and then blend it really well. I wish it came in more shades, because although the medium works well in the winter, it's a little too light during the summer. Of course, I could buy the medium and dark shades and mix them together, but I'd rather not, since it costs more and is a hassle.

For people who are worrying about the orangey streaks, you really have to look closely when you're applying and MAKE SURE you've blended it well. I've had this happen to me, too, but when I looked closer in the mirror, you can easily tell where you need to blend out the edges. It's really easy to blend and it applies really smoothly.

I feel like this product also runs out quicker. I have the Too Faced concealer as well, and that one is a lot more dense and longer lasting than this one. I basically use that one for my undereye circles, and the Almay one for my acne prone areas.

Another thing I've noticed is that, while the Too Faced concealer can get creamy/oily throughout the day (because I have oily skin), the Almay one actually helps a little with oil control. I also don't have to worry about the concealer breaking me out, because the salicylic acid helps control the oily areas.

I've repurchased this twice now, and I'll probably buy it again once I run out, but I'm still looking for a similar concealer, just with more color options.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Laurenkristina

I love this product and I am not sure what I would do without it! I use the 100 level (the lightest color) because I am quite pale and it matches my skin perfect. Itís great because it really dries up my pimples that I put it on. However, that being said, it sometimes can be too drying (but I would rather that then have it make my pimples worse).

This product is a great price for what it does (for me at least). The key to it is to not use too much. The less you use the better it seems to work.

The packaging is okay, I usually use a q-tip to put it on however because I don't want to transfer the acne bacteria

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by LiL_Laurie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG of concealers! The covergae is so amazing, makes pimples dissapear before your eyes and holds all day. I do feel that it drastically does increase the rate of which my pimples heal as well. The only con is that (since it is drying) sometimes my pimple will get a big flakey patch on top (but that is only because it has miraculously healed within a day and if you flake it off the pimple is gone and it is just a light pink mark underneath)... so it is worth it to me if that happens sometimes.

*Do not use this as under eye concealer, it is for pimples or acne prone areas only*