September 16, 2014 | 1818 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by wints

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sadly, this didn't work for me. I don't think it was too dark - just too pink. (AFAIK I'm NW15. My best match so far seems to be Nars Sheer Matte in Mont Blanc and Chanel Mat Lumiere powder in 10 Lumiere.) Mixing this with Colorstay in Buff seemed to create a neutral enough shade, but I can't be bothered to mix when the finish is just okay. The texture wasn't bad at all, and it provides great coverage, but there's not much one can do if the shade is wrong! I would love to find a d/s foundation that works for me, but they seem to be too pink or too yellow.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by snikolac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried Ivory because my skin is so fair, and I'd hoped it would smooth out my imperfections and stay on all day. I was disappointed. This foundation caked in the creases of my skin and by mid-afternoon, my skin was just as oily as ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by egswanson123

I love this foundation! I was very scared to try liquid foundation because I thought that it would clog my pores and cause me to break out, but that never happened. It has a medium coverage but doesn't look cakey. I apply it with a damp sponge because I have found that it can be a little difficult to blend. I have a oily nose and forehead, but when I use this, my face stays mate all day! Love it and will buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by missrose333

I was really excited to buy this product because I had heard such great things about it!
I bought it in Ivory 110, the lightest, and was dismayed to find that it was a little too orange-y - like every other foundation I've ever tried. Which is really annoying because I like the porcelain skin look.
The oil control was good, but, alas, by the end of the day it was still too oily for my liking.
I hate my skin. This foundation was good, but my skin is obviously to gross to be helped.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the dry skin formulation of this foundation and I love it. It is the best bang for the buck for all foundations out there. MAC, Armani, and NARS make great foundations too, but the cost is considerably more. This foundation does a great job and gives medium coverage.

I apply a small amount on the back of my hand. Then I take a stippling brush (like MAC 187) and dab a bit on. Then I tap the brush on the back of my hand to remove excess. Then I swipe up and down on the face and then side to side. It's important to change up the direction that you apply foundation so that you avoid looking streaky.

For those who complained that this foundation is too pink, I would recommend mixing it with a bit of Buff to tone down the pinky tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by XxDysphoriaxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading so many positive things I decided to try this foundation out and I really like it. I wouldn't say it has amazing coverage, but its still pretty good. It goes on nicely, nice finish, and really matches my skin tone. Being so fair, I find it really hard to find the right shade.

I've used a foundation brush and my fingers for application and both methods worked just fine so I'm very happy with the blending ability.

My only complaint is the bottle. I wish it came in a pump to make dispensing easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by LadyShy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

very difficult to blend. I found it easier to use my hands to apply this foundation instead of a foundation brush. However, the color is a really good match for me and it is honestly the best foundation i've tried so far, considering that most foundations make my oily skin look very greasy. This foundation really lasts all day almost flawlessly and leaves my skin matte. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MonroeZombieDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the coverage, itís amazing. I use my MAC 109 Brush to buff it on and the results are a very pretty airbrushed look. I top it off with a MAC loose powder to set and a bronzer and Iím all set. However, I really wish it came with a pump, I always poor either too much out or too little and when itís too little I have to poor more and the second time is always too much so for me itís a loose loose situation. My biggest beef with this product is the color, they have so many to choose from you would think they would have one light enough for me (Iím a tad bit lighter than a NW15). Iím a natural red head and like most out there I have a pink undertone so like I said before the coverage is awesome, it covers everything from the pinky red around my nose to the dark circles under my eyes and the best part is I donít have to use counselor. For ME, this product has a lot of pros and consÖhowever I love it to death and until I find something in my color that compares Iíll keep on using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by xjessie

HG foundation but it is super fussy. I absolutely adore the coverage, and this stuff will last me all day despite sweat or rain. Plus, you cannot beat the price. It is super fussy, though! I have to apply on a freshly moisturized face with a damp sponge to avoid any streaks. I apply by patting a small amount on with the sponge (almost stippling) then smoothing in. I find it best to build up the coverage instead of heavy application. I have had no luck applying with fingers or a foundation brush; although I do want to try an actual stippling brush. I let it dry for a few minutes then brush on a powder to set. Perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by hbwf87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would buy this again in a HEARTBEAT! In fact I have, on ebay lol. I have never been a fan of liquid foundations, believing that they would clog my pores up, but I was wrong! I use sunscreen underneath, and use the DRY formula, and it goes on wonderfully!
VERY IMPORTANT this only looks good on me if i use my everyday minerals flat top brush to apply! then it goes on like a dream! fingers and sponge wasted product for me.
as for the no pump, i have not had to travel yet with this product, but it's no big deal on your vanity. i use a palette and tip just a SMALL amount out and also use my brush to take the excess off of the opening.
this product is love!
it also makes me thoroughly wash my face every single night, as i need to get the sunscreen and fdtn off. this makes me more vigilant with skincare! yay!