November 24, 2014 | 2009 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nerortensia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

COLOR: IT'S NOT FOR EXTREMELY FAIR SKIN! I want to point it out first cause I read in many blogs and forum the Colorstay in ivory is a really pale color...but it isn't.
I have really pale skin, tough not the palest and It's so unnatural in daylight, bringing out a dull complexion for us porcelain skinned!
PACKAGE: I have Colorstay in Compact and let me say I'ts totally unpractical, there is a grate/lid to open that protect the sponge to mess with the creamy foundation but it's hard to remove it everytime and I ended up trashing that grid and keeping the sponge outside the compact. Not so sanitary!
PRODUCT : blend pretty well with complexion but doesn't improve skin appearence and make my dark under eyes worse! The good thing is that does a good work smoothing your skin texture at the touch.
SMELL: is ok, a bit waxy with a tad of vanilla on it.
I wouldnt buy again, but for the price, (very cheap on ebay) I'd say go for it if you have medium pale skin but sort of sun kissed and try the liquid instead of the compact

HINT:
For palest skin, I swear by Boots 7 in OPAL, really is the palest, actually a bit too pale, it's the actual color of ivory !

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by petiteju

I am unsure of how I feel about this foundation. Starting with the positives; it gives amazing coverage. I have moderate acne and an enormous amount of post acne hyperpigmentation and this completely eliminates it. On the down side it completely accentuates every single blackhead on my nose! I don't know what I am doing wrong! I found that I have to apply this with a foundation brush or it looks streaky but no matter how I apply it, it makes my blackheads stand out. Oh well, I will stick with it for the coverage and it's lasting power.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by wints

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sadly, this didn't work for me. I don't think it was too dark - just too pink. (AFAIK I'm NW15. My best match so far seems to be Nars Sheer Matte in Mont Blanc and Chanel Mat Lumiere powder in 10 Lumiere.) Mixing this with Colorstay in Buff seemed to create a neutral enough shade, but I can't be bothered to mix when the finish is just okay. The texture wasn't bad at all, and it provides great coverage, but there's not much one can do if the shade is wrong! I would love to find a d/s foundation that works for me, but they seem to be too pink or too yellow.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by snikolac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried Ivory because my skin is so fair, and I'd hoped it would smooth out my imperfections and stay on all day. I was disappointed. This foundation caked in the creases of my skin and by mid-afternoon, my skin was just as oily as ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by egswanson123

I love this foundation! I was very scared to try liquid foundation because I thought that it would clog my pores and cause me to break out, but that never happened. It has a medium coverage but doesn't look cakey. I apply it with a damp sponge because I have found that it can be a little difficult to blend. I have a oily nose and forehead, but when I use this, my face stays mate all day! Love it and will buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by missrose333

I was really excited to buy this product because I had heard such great things about it!
I bought it in Ivory 110, the lightest, and was dismayed to find that it was a little too orange-y - like every other foundation I've ever tried. Which is really annoying because I like the porcelain skin look.
The oil control was good, but, alas, by the end of the day it was still too oily for my liking.
I hate my skin. This foundation was good, but my skin is obviously to gross to be helped.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the dry skin formulation of this foundation and I love it. It is the best bang for the buck for all foundations out there. MAC, Armani, and NARS make great foundations too, but the cost is considerably more. This foundation does a great job and gives medium coverage.

I apply a small amount on the back of my hand. Then I take a stippling brush (like MAC 187) and dab a bit on. Then I tap the brush on the back of my hand to remove excess. Then I swipe up and down on the face and then side to side. It's important to change up the direction that you apply foundation so that you avoid looking streaky.

For those who complained that this foundation is too pink, I would recommend mixing it with a bit of Buff to tone down the pinky tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by XxDysphoriaxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading so many positive things I decided to try this foundation out and I really like it. I wouldn't say it has amazing coverage, but its still pretty good. It goes on nicely, nice finish, and really matches my skin tone. Being so fair, I find it really hard to find the right shade.

I've used a foundation brush and my fingers for application and both methods worked just fine so I'm very happy with the blending ability.

My only complaint is the bottle. I wish it came in a pump to make dispensing easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by LadyShy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

very difficult to blend. I found it easier to use my hands to apply this foundation instead of a foundation brush. However, the color is a really good match for me and it is honestly the best foundation i've tried so far, considering that most foundations make my oily skin look very greasy. This foundation really lasts all day almost flawlessly and leaves my skin matte. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MonroeZombieDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the coverage, itís amazing. I use my MAC 109 Brush to buff it on and the results are a very pretty airbrushed look. I top it off with a MAC loose powder to set and a bronzer and Iím all set. However, I really wish it came with a pump, I always poor either too much out or too little and when itís too little I have to poor more and the second time is always too much so for me itís a loose loose situation. My biggest beef with this product is the color, they have so many to choose from you would think they would have one light enough for me (Iím a tad bit lighter than a NW15). Iím a natural red head and like most out there I have a pink undertone so like I said before the coverage is awesome, it covers everything from the pinky red around my nose to the dark circles under my eyes and the best part is I donít have to use counselor. For ME, this product has a lot of pros and consÖhowever I love it to death and until I find something in my color that compares Iíll keep on using it.