April 24, 2014 | 1927 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Extra Gentle Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my "In Case of Emergency, Break Glass to Retrieve" Cleanser, when all else is an epic FAIL. This product literally salvaged my skin after a terrible run-in with Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser, which left my skin so stripped and burned, I couldn't apply anything to it. Whereas, this product is very straighforward, effective and affordable. Good in hard water environments, too. Reliable favorite. Not harsh at all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just started using this cleanser today so I can't say that much about it right now. I can say that it removes makeup in a snap and is extremely gentle on my skin. I have combination-dry skin that is extremely sensitive and reacts to almost anything so I have to be very careful with what I buy and I have to read ingredient labels very carefully as well. I have been breaking out a lot lately because of the weather change so I have to find something that was a bit more moisturizing. This stuff says that it adds moisture to your face each time you use it so I figured I'd give it a try. Will update soon. Hope all goes well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first cleanser and I don't like it. I wouldn't say I hate it since this word is only reserved for products that break me out. Anyway, it had this weird scent( so do all neutrogena's cleansers that I've tried) and I kept sneezing while cleaning my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Sass111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Excellent and truly extra gentle, I use this to remove makeup (even when I use colorstay foundation) and it is really great. Some others say it doesn't remove all your makeup which surprises me. Because it does with me. I put a decent amount on and massage it around thoroughly, around the eyes and everywhere and let it sit on my skin for a bit to lift the makeup and rinse thoroughly and that works a treat. Makeup all gone. And skin still nice, smooth, soft and most of all not irritated or dry! A wonderful product when my skin is feeling sensitive or irritated. Although it is the only thing I use to remove makeup regardless of whether my skin is feeling good or not. It's just so soft and smooth and kind to my skin. I don't like having my skin stripped of all its oils, I don't like that tight, itchy squeaky clean feeling. So very good for a more mature skin too. Packaging is pretty good, although I wish the pump could more easily be screwed down or closed off for travelling. I pay around $14 AUD for this which is fairly good but it did used to be about $10 and I was much happier with that price..of course. I highly recommend this product, I have used it for years and will continue to do so.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by diggity

Oh how I love this face wash. My skin is somewhat difficult to cleanse. It's very sensitive to washing, and I get a lot of redness and irritation. It's also dry, which means most face washes leave my skin even drier. This is the best cleanser I've tried. It's amazing gentle (but still cleans thoroughly) and leaves skin feeling moisturized. There's absolutely no scent. The texture is very creamy with little lather. If you have more oily skin, this might not work for you. My friend tried it and felt like it was washing her face with lotion. But for the dry, sensitive skin types out there, this is a great product. For reference, I've tried many of the cleansers supposedly designed for sensitive skin - Eucerin, Purpose, etc. They all still irritated. I'm so glad I found a cleanser that works and is inexpensive too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by sarahlovesmakeup101

I like this cleanser. It doesn't dry out my skin like my other nutrogena product does and it does make my skin feel soft and smooth. I wish that it helped my breakouts a little more but it's a good nightime cleanser. I will buy again,

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:53:00 AM More reviews by km93

i love this product! i have sensitive combination skin and ive used so many face cleansers and masks and wipes and everything made my skin feel tight and extremely uncomfortable until i used this. the only problem is that it doesnt help acne at all but it makes your skin feel soft and moisturized and it really helps for sensitive skin

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by boro

This is the only change i have made in my skin care routine and i used it as my night time cleanser

I do not have sensitive skin. However, I bought this thinking why not, its "extra gentle" so it won't make me break out and it'll be calming for night. WRONG. I have tiny red bumps in between my eyes and it's making me break out randomly.

really bad cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by xoxojentry

This product is soo bad!!! Its so gentle it feels like you are washing your face with just water!!!! It tones my acne down somewhat but not like other face washes!!! Do not get this unless you have extremely sensitive skin!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

HG!!!! I used to alternate between this and Cetaphil depending on the weather but now that I'm using Retin-A, this is the only cleanser I can use! It's so gentle and leaves a very soft, clean finish with no residue. I wait for these to go on sale and stock up!