December 18, 2014 | 1420 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

This really sucked. I used Shiseido & now use Kanebo Kate-the best!!!!

Does not hold curl at all, it actually is so heavy that made my curled lashes drop down even lower than they are in their natural state.

Not worth it, going back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by debnkev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first real primer I have tried. I tried the Rimmel Style and Shine; but it is really hard to even compare the two because they are so different. The Clinique Primer really lengthens and thickens my lashes. Mostly though I wanted it to keep my mascara in place. Because no matter what mascara I have tried that claimed it would not flake, smudge or etc. it always did. Especially on my bottom lashes. I have fair skin and red hair so I need to wear mascara and any flake or smudge is highly visible. And because I wear contacts my eyes always seem to water. The primer has really kept my mascara in place and unless I cry or have excessive watering it will stay put. So far I have only tried the Clinique Lash Power (in Brown) over it, but I love the combination and I am totally happy and feel my search is over.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by plushbear84

I love love LOVE this primer. I've used Shiseido and MAC lash primers and while they're ok, IMO, the Clinique one outperforms both in holding a curl and lengthening. The Shiseido one was so difficult to remove and the brush didn't feel that great. The MAC primer was ok but the brush was quite big and after awhile, the formula got quite goopy and seemed to weigh down my lashes. The brush is a nice medium size and the formula feels very light. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my eyelash did appear to be a few centimeter longer and it's easy to remove. other than these, there really isn't anything outstanding about this primer. l'oreal's primer has the same result, and it is also a cheaper alternative

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Klebron

i loved this when I first got it.. I have long lashes that curl great but they never stay up for more then a half hour.. when I would use this i would apply the primer then use a lash comb .. then use a curler... then top it off with my normal mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by vanessa1590

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One word: AMAZING. I've noticed that every since I've been using this primer, I have been losing a lot less eyelashes. The main reason I wanted to try a mascara primer was because I found that mascaras have left a drying effect, and in turn, some of my lashes have become damaged to the point where they were either breaking off at the tips or falling out altogether. It wasn't a major issue however, but I did want it to stop.

In my experience, when I use this primer under ANY mascara (and I have tried quite a few), my lashes still feel soft, full, and more like my natural eyelashes! That's not to say that it leaves a natural look. This primer clings to mascara pigment like I've never seen and every lash gets coated with pigment. The result is almost staggering. Dramatic, lush, long, buildable lashes with every stroke! I love this look for even day time so, needless to say, this primer has become my HG.

After reading some reviews about this product, I find that I haven't had the same experience with the white tips that some have. I guess it's all in the technique or mascara applied over. This primer does not necessarily need to dry so it does not add much time at all to my daily routine and that's always a plus. I got this for $13 at Sephora, and it's definitely worth the money. If you haven't tried this or are thinking about trying a mascara primer, don't hesitate. It won't leave a dent in your wallet and in fact, is cheaper than a lot of mascaras!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by jesscuhkimx3

i find that this product will only be effective for those with skimpy, thin eye lashes like myself because the main effect of the primer is to thicken the lashes
there may be some lengthening and volumizing but its more for thickening so if you already have thick eye lashes then this product will probably be of no use to you
also this product darkens the color of your mascara which is good
lastly, this primer i found makes removing your mascara much easier which mean less tugging and less eye lash loss
for the ones that this product may not be working for, make sure to coat all your lashes and use an eyelash comb to get rid of white clumps

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Jbreezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I have long but thin lashes and this product definitely gave me full volume. I never had problems with irritation with this product. Dries off quickly and blends well with the mascara. Never experienced clumping with this. Definitely an A+

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by VanillaLipgloss

This applies just like a white mascara, so you have to make sure you cover the white well with you mascara. I usually apply two coats, then my mascara. I think the results are good - I don't have time to use this daily, but my lashes look much longer with this! It's the first mascara primer I've tried.. I'd like to try others, but I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, impressed with it. Easily covered w/mascara, didn't leave white on lashes. Cheaper than others. Will repurchase.