October 30, 2014 | 1605 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jenmhilton

I bought these because Allure kept raving about them, and listed them in the Best of Beauty issue. They do do the job so I gave them 2 lippies, but like others have said they are way too oily. The problem I had was that I would use them, the wash my face, but even after washing my face the skin around my eyes felt greasy. You have to wipe the excess away with tissue but that just irritates my eyes, On the the other hand, the oil free pads do equally as good a job without having to do the extra work, so I'm not sure why anyone would by the oil pads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ouija

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't imagine using these to remove eye makeup...you would be blurry for days. So why the 5 lippies? They're the best, most convenient, quickest and least messy way to remove my long-wearing lipcolors. I wear CoverGirl Outlast and if you've ever tried it...you know it's virtually impossible to remove. Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads make quick work of it...a few quick swipes and my lips are unsealed!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by xSunShiine

Ack, this stuff is too oily! It hardly even works! I try removing mascara with it, and the oil runs into my eye. And trust me guys, that is not a pleasant feeling. Then I have to run to the bathroom to try and wipe away the oil. Trust me, not a good purchase. Stick to the non-oily ones.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sjw7

This is my first eye makeup remover, so I'm not sure what the consistency of most of them are, but this feels oily. It does not remove my Maybellene waterproof mascara and eyeliner easily ó I have to scrub the pad across my eyelid for anything to happen. I tried letting it sit for 5 minutes, and I tried turning the package upside-down so more product would be in the top pad, but no luck. My sensitive eyes sting, not while the product is on, but after I wash it off. The pads are a nice size, but feel rough. That makes sense tho, since the extra abrasion would be needed to actually remove the makeup that the solution couldn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by aglitz915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Honestly, I have an immense dislike for this product. I initially bought them to keep @ my bf's house for a quick remover so I wouldn't have to buy another MAC Gently Off Eye & Lip Remover for $18. Unfortunately these were a complete waste of $. I will admit I do tend to wear a lot of mascara/eyeliner in addition to wearing contacts but I had to use like 4 of these per eye and STILL the makeup was not completely removed. By that time however, I was suffering because my eyes were burning immensely. I would never buy these again, they were ineffective and not gentle at all. I do wear a lot of mascara, but these were awfully painful in my experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Melio617

These are good for when you're traveling and just need something to help get your makeup off real quick, but they're not the end all to removers. I've used them on and off and they're convenient but they never really get all my eye makeup off. I just get the brunt of it off and then go back with a tissue to get the eyeliner and any remaining mascara off. If I really wanted to be thorough with the pads, I'd probably end up using 2 or 3 per eye and that seems a bit ridiculous. They had a good deal at Ulta recently so I did pick up some more, but I may try something else once I run out. I do like the moisturizing aspect, but at the same time, I feel like I need to wipe the excess off with a tissue afterwards or I end up feeling a little greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by mbanghart

This product was a big disappointment for me. I bought them on a whim at target in a small pack because i left my clinique makeup remover at home and just needed something to take my makeup off while at my boyfriends.. These did a terrible job at getting my eyeliner and mascara off.. neither of which were even waterproof! I had to sit there and scrub at my eyes and there was still a faint black line from my eyeliner. These weren't expensive.. very cheap but not even worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by chiccouture1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads at Ulta, they had a buy one get one free deal so I decided to give them a try. Another reason why I purchased this product is because itís considered to be the #1 recommend eye remover by dermatologist, so I thought it would be a good safe product for my eyes. Unfortunately, this product does not remove eye make up effortlessly, it takes about 2 or 3 pads to remove waterproof mascara or eyeliner, which is unfortunate because one pad is already too oily, so by the time you use 3 pads it looks like you just poured oil around your eyes. Itís like the pads are soaked in oil. I would not repurchase this eye makeup remover.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should have realized that "moisturizing" would mean soaked with oil. These were soo greasy, and not just the pads in the bottom of the container, even the very first one was. The excess product mostly just smeared my makeup all over my eye area, and even made my eyes burn! I am a fan of the other type by Almay (sorry cant remember the name). However, I just assume wash my face with the light cleanser and use baby oil for the stubborn leftover mascara. This was a miss for me : /

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by sarahe5682

My old roommate used to use these. I recently bought them and I love how quickly and easily they take off even the heaviest of makeup.