July 24, 2014 | 932 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer for face. I have used many concealers over the years and have finally found one dry enough to stay put. I always have blemishes or post acne marks to cover. This concealer has high pigmentation and covers really well. I love that it has 2 shades so I will always have a match. I can use this year round and get my money's worth since it is kind of expensive (not for the amount, just to pay all at once). It is way too dry to put undereye, but in a pinch it will do if you have a little lotion to mix. I usually use the BE full coverage concealer brush and it works well. I don't warm up the product or mix it. I just put it straight on my face. The pans last a while too. I've had mine about a year, using it every day, sometimes multiple times a day, and have only made dips, no pan showing. I am never without this concealer, and will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by productobsess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product. I've been using this a while now. I originally bought the Undercover Pot which contains secret concealer, secret camouflage and loose setting powder.

Secret Camouflage is perfect for spots, scars, blemishes. It covers well, does not settle into lines and pores. I use this on a scar which is kind of a chunk out of the skin and its hides it perfectly. I use the secret concealer for under eye dark circles as it is light reflecting and more luminous than the camouflage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by xSophieLovesMakeup

I got a sample of this product at sephora, I dont know which Laura mercier concealer it was, but boy.. It was amazing! Such flawless coverage, definatley recommend Laura Mercier concealers :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by gingersnap250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I have to say, this might be one of the very best concealers I've used. It did NOT settle into fine lines today, when I tried it out for the first time. I have tried tons of concealers, so this was a great surprise. I was thrilled with the color match to my pale skin, which is always a primary worry with concealers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by r3dch3rrybomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not one to go completely rampant over certain products but I cannot express how surprised and satisfied I am with this LM product. This is the best concealer I have ever had!
I have tried MAC, Lancome, Benefit, Shu Uemure, Clarins and Revlon.
THIS ONE BEATS THEM ALL BY MILES.
PROS:
*Coverage lasts around 9 hours (I use this at 7 in the morning and come home at 4 and the coverage is still there. Unbelieveable)
*2 shades of colour ensure you can get your right colour
*Waterproof
*Using it for 7 months, no breakouts
CONS:
*Not really a con, but it doesnt work welll on undereyes since it is a blemish concealer and has high pigmentation.
*It has a hard texture but it can be melted by heating it by rubbing the finger against the concealer for eight seconds.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by beaspalace

The price is a little high but for the amount of product you get and it's versatility it's totally worth it. If you tan like me, this will be your HG product. You don't need separate concealers for summer and winter and months in between.

One down side i've noticed is that it gets a little too caky and dry for my liking (i generally like dewy skin), but i think that's just me because other reviewers didn't think so.

Still, you can easily get past the flaw by using a less dense brush and just swirling the product on the spot. It gives it a more natural finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. It comes with two different colors, one really yellow and the other really peachy. For reference I am nc30 and use SC-4. You can mix the two colors to match the color of your skin tone. It is really thick so I just pat my finger in one color and in the other to mix and pat to apply on my skin. No swirling or I would pick up too much product and it'll look too dry and cakey. I use this only for acne scars because the pigmentation is really nice and covers very well. I wouldn't recommend this for actual acne bumps or something that you just popped. It really drying so it'll make your acne look worse, in my opinion. It is also definitely way too dry for your under eyes unless you moisturize really well. I would recommend this product and would rebuy it when I run out. I really wish both of the colors were of same proportion. I really do like this concealer though.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Ninuh01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the holy grain of non-light reflective concealer for me. It does a heavenly job of concealing those little veins on my lower jaw. I use it with a flat concealer brush and I pat it over the spot instead of brushing it over. It just does wonders. It's not meant to be used under the eyes so for those who made that mistake, better let go of that idea already. The dry concentrated formula is one of the things that made me like this product because i only need to use a small amount of it and it goes a looooong way. 39.5 grams of product is a lot for a concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by ms_kevala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the idea behind this product -- most of us aren't quite a perfect color match for any particular concealer, and this allows one to mix two colors in customized amounts to create a perfect match. This also allows one to create different colors for different parts of the face. I also love the coverage of this product -- very full! And lasting power is pretty good.

But I'm not so excited about how much of a pain in the arse this is to put on. I knew that blending would take some time, but the formula is so thick, even sludgy, that it takes a lot longer than I expected. It also doesn't feel great on the skin. Also, even though I keep my brushes very clean, it was difficult to keep the compact from getting stray bits of dust, dirt, or dry skin in it (parts of my skin are very dry, so I'm sure that's part of the reason) -- because I have sensitive skin, I want my makeup *very* hygienic! Also, the color set that was closest to my skin in terms of shade was a bit too warm for me.

For full coverage concealer, I prefer Too Faced (if you can find a color match...their selection of colors is pathetic) or MUFE Full Cover (which has a good selection of colors).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by gorgeousvintage1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The BEST concealer EVER.

I have acne/ redness/ combination skin with eczema on my cheeks. It's an absolute nightmare to find a concealer which covers redness/ acne marks/ and doesn't make you want to scratch your entire face off.

I can say that this never does that to me! It stays put for HOURS, completely covers spots and redness and doesn't dry/flake horribly over my cheeks and dry/sore patches.

It makes you look absolutely flawless. I never go anywhere without this!! It has a big mirror inside it too which is great!

Others on here have mentioned the "hard" texture of the concealer. Yes, it is "hard" but that's because it has such a high pigmentation and it doesn't fall off your face hours later like other creamy concealers do. Use a good eye cream first and you'll be fine if you want to use it for the eye area.

You also do not need much concealer to cover anything, it literally looks like you have been putting it on for hours carefully when you've only done a dab!!

The only gripe I have is that I have to use SC-2 as the lighter colour is the bigger palette on that one and SC-1 has the bigger palette as the darker colour. Slightly confusing! but aside from that this is just a fantastic product!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No