October 26, 2014 | 1408 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by gandangnatural

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first high end concealer. i love the idea of combining two different shades to conceal. it covers my blemishes well and I even use this as my under eye concealer :) this last for about 6 hours then you may need to reapply.. I have oily skin so that may be the reason... i would give it 5 lippies if it lasted that entire day, but I still love it because I can conceal my pimples w/o aggravating it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by heb2012

I really wanted to like this product after reading all the amazing reviews, but sadly that wasn't the case. It's way too cakey for my liking and it REALLY brings out the lines under my eyes. The color was fine, not amazing, and it was kind of annoying having to warm it up before using. After a few hours it looked awful; very splotchy! My friends have even told me it does not look natural. A lot of people seem to like this concealer, but I just don't get the hype. For the price, the quality should be better. Definitely not buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The coverage is great. Right now I'm only using this and a blush. It is great for concealing acne spots and blemishes. The only problem is: I have to buy SC-1 and SC-2 and mix them to get the right color for my skin tone. And another thing: I can't apply it using fingers. I mean, of course I can but it looks like patches of wax on my face. So to get it right, I bought the special LM brush. I will keep repurchasing unless I find something even better that doesn't require to be applied with a brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit of a concealer connoisseur : ). I don't have oily skin, it's normal to dry, yet I have an extremely hard time finding a concealer that lasts longer than a few hrs on my skin. (& that's if I'm lucky) Idk why. Maybe it's my weird chemistry, but whatever it is, it really sucks, and has cost me a ton of money in my search for the perfect (i.e. stay put) concealer. Concealers that work well for others never seem to work well for me in the lasting power department, even if I set with powder. Besides, I want a concealer that lasts without having to always set with powder, especially for under the eyes, or when I'm in a hurry/on the go. I own EL Dbl Wear, MUFE Full Cover, Mac Pro Longwear, Studio Finish, Studio Sculpt,(well all the Mac concealers), Laura Geller Real Deal, Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer, and many more. Enter LM Secret Camouflage. Not only does it last on me, but it covers amazingly well. If and when my concealer stash is all used up, this is all I'll use, at least for the face!

Now, you do have to work with this product a bit, but it's totally worth it. And it's not as complicated as many other reviewers have made it seem. I am NC30-NC40 depending on the season, & I wear SC5. I absolutely love how this comes with 2 shades that you can mix to match your skintone as it changes throughout the year. I go to the beach and am outside a lot in the spring/summer, & despite sunscreen, I get very dark due to being half Italian. This concealer still matches me at my darkest! Plus, it's really easy to mix the two shades. What I do is take a flat, synthetic concealer brush and drag it across the pan it a few times in one shade, then wipe on the back of my hand. Then, I flip the brush over, and drag/swipe it a few times in the other color, & wipe on top of the first shade that's already on the back of my hand. I repeat this process; mixing the two shades till I get the color/amount I need. Takes less than 30 seconds. Then I apply to my face. Simple as that. I use a tiny stiff eyeliner brush (the one that comes with the Maybelline gel e/l is perfect) for any pinpoint concealing, which works great. I then make sure everything, including all the edges are blended with a fluffy eyeshadow brush like the 217. Oh and I almost forgot..a very good tip is to make sure your face is VERY well moisturized with a great moisturizer before applying this concealer. ( I use Skin's Shangri-La or Skin Drink both by Lush, my skin is norm to dry, a great option for oily skin is Lush's Celestial.) Start applying it right after your moisturizer (or moisturizer and primer) when your face is still moist, and this will help tremendously with spreading it due to its' drier, waxier consistency.

I also recommend keeping the little plastic covering that comes on top of the concealer when it's brand new instead of tossing it because it helps keep it from drying out. I also keep a hair tie around mine to keep it tightly closed. And sometimes I mix with my clean fingers as well, using the same method as I use with my brush, and this helps warm up the product. Yes, it's not as creamy as ur standard concealer, but this is why it lasts so long on the skin. I don't even have 2 set with powder! I use a different concealer for under my eyes, as this does tend to settle in fine lines. Also, for the amount you get compared to other concealers at the same price point, this is a good deal to me. I've had mine over a yr, using 4 times a wk @ least, and have barely made a dent. Highly recommend this to anyone who needs a good facial concealer that will hold up in any conditions!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by katchimo

I LOVE this product. Because of this I don't have to wear a face full of foundation anymore. This product will literally erase all your marks and blemishes. The color selection isn't all that impressive but I think it helps that they have two different shades to match different skin tones. I happen to find my soul mate in #5 but I have to return in the winter when my skin is much paler.

A little bit goes a long way to conceal blemishes. It's heavy, thick and a little bit difficult to pick up. That's a good thing: (1) I won't accidentally pick up more product than I need and (2) long lasting coverage all day. The makeup stays on until I wash my face at night. Absolutely worth it.

They sell a concealer brush which is like most typical brushes: flat, synthetic and smooth. I prefer using a small fluffy eyeshadow brush because they pick up color easier and instead of smearing the makeup on (which is what a regular concealer brush does) I can fluff and blend it out so that my skin looks visibly flawless.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product a couple of days ago and have used it a couple of times. So far my opinion on secret camaflouge is pretty good. It's really dry when you first get it but it gets a little creamier when you get past the first layer. By know means is this a creamy moisturizing concealer though. It's definitely not good for undereyes but on the face it's probably one of the best concealers I've tried. I have discoloration from acne on my cheeks and some active pimples to cover. It has pretty high coverage. It doesn't completely cover my imperfections but they look barely there which is pretty amazing! I would definitely recommend to a friend or enemy. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer for face. I have used many concealers over the years and have finally found one dry enough to stay put. I always have blemishes or post acne marks to cover. This concealer has high pigmentation and covers really well. I love that it has 2 shades so I will always have a match. I can use this year round and get my money's worth since it is kind of expensive (not for the amount, just to pay all at once). It is way too dry to put undereye, but in a pinch it will do if you have a little lotion to mix. I usually use the BE full coverage concealer brush and it works well. I don't warm up the product or mix it. I just put it straight on my face. The pans last a while too. I've had mine about a year, using it every day, sometimes multiple times a day, and have only made dips, no pan showing. I am never without this concealer, and will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by productobsess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product. I've been using this a while now. I originally bought the Undercover Pot which contains secret concealer, secret camouflage and loose setting powder.

Secret Camouflage is perfect for spots, scars, blemishes. It covers well, does not settle into lines and pores. I use this on a scar which is kind of a chunk out of the skin and its hides it perfectly. I use the secret concealer for under eye dark circles as it is light reflecting and more luminous than the camouflage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by xSophieLovesMakeup

I got a sample of this product at sephora, I dont know which Laura mercier concealer it was, but boy.. It was amazing! Such flawless coverage, definatley recommend Laura Mercier concealers :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by gingersnap250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I have to say, this might be one of the very best concealers I've used. It did NOT settle into fine lines today, when I tried it out for the first time. I have tried tons of concealers, so this was a great surprise. I was thrilled with the color match to my pale skin, which is always a primary worry with concealers.