April 16, 2014 | 855 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. It comes with two different colors, one really yellow and the other really peachy. For reference I am nc30 and use SC-4. You can mix the two colors to match the color of your skin tone. It is really thick so I just pat my finger in one color and in the other to mix and pat to apply on my skin. No swirling or I would pick up too much product and it'll look too dry and cakey. I use this only for acne scars because the pigmentation is really nice and covers very well. I wouldn't recommend this for actual acne bumps or something that you just popped. It really drying so it'll make your acne look worse, in my opinion. It is also definitely way too dry for your under eyes unless you moisturize really well. I would recommend this product and would rebuy it when I run out. I really wish both of the colors were of same proportion. I really do like this concealer though.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Ninuh01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the holy grain of non-light reflective concealer for me. It does a heavenly job of concealing those little veins on my lower jaw. I use it with a flat concealer brush and I pat it over the spot instead of brushing it over. It just does wonders. It's not meant to be used under the eyes so for those who made that mistake, better let go of that idea already. The dry concentrated formula is one of the things that made me like this product because i only need to use a small amount of it and it goes a looooong way. 39.5 grams of product is a lot for a concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by ms_kevala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the idea behind this product -- most of us aren't quite a perfect color match for any particular concealer, and this allows one to mix two colors in customized amounts to create a perfect match. This also allows one to create different colors for different parts of the face. I also love the coverage of this product -- very full! And lasting power is pretty good.

But I'm not so excited about how much of a pain in the arse this is to put on. I knew that blending would take some time, but the formula is so thick, even sludgy, that it takes a lot longer than I expected. It also doesn't feel great on the skin. Also, even though I keep my brushes very clean, it was difficult to keep the compact from getting stray bits of dust, dirt, or dry skin in it (parts of my skin are very dry, so I'm sure that's part of the reason) -- because I have sensitive skin, I want my makeup *very* hygienic! Also, the color set that was closest to my skin in terms of shade was a bit too warm for me.

For full coverage concealer, I prefer Too Faced (if you can find a color match...their selection of colors is pathetic) or MUFE Full Cover (which has a good selection of colors).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by gorgeousvintage1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The BEST concealer EVER.

I have acne/ redness/ combination skin with eczema on my cheeks. It's an absolute nightmare to find a concealer which covers redness/ acne marks/ and doesn't make you want to scratch your entire face off.

I can say that this never does that to me! It stays put for HOURS, completely covers spots and redness and doesn't dry/flake horribly over my cheeks and dry/sore patches.

It makes you look absolutely flawless. I never go anywhere without this!! It has a big mirror inside it too which is great!

Others on here have mentioned the "hard" texture of the concealer. Yes, it is "hard" but that's because it has such a high pigmentation and it doesn't fall off your face hours later like other creamy concealers do. Use a good eye cream first and you'll be fine if you want to use it for the eye area.

You also do not need much concealer to cover anything, it literally looks like you have been putting it on for hours carefully when you've only done a dab!!

The only gripe I have is that I have to use SC-2 as the lighter colour is the bigger palette on that one and SC-1 has the bigger palette as the darker colour. Slightly confusing! but aside from that this is just a fantastic product!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by dlopez87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This only dirt cheap because my sister gave it to me. Otherwise, it's about a 3 on the scale. I love this concealer, it works extremely well and I don't have to use foundation with it. I use it on some spots and then blend away with a blush brush.
My only gripes are:
1. sometimes the compact becomes a bit grainy.
2. sometimes the concealer leaves streaks.
I will be buying it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

$28 for this concealer was a pretty good price. I love being able to custom mix my own shade but I'm still in between two colors. I knocked it down a peg because I'm still in between 2 shades but. bought sc-7 and i use my finger (count do it any other way. Its kind of hard and brushes wouldn't work) to pat the lighter color over my scars, then i go over them again with the darker color until it matches my skin. I also use this as an under eye concealer. I have to use an eye cream first because once again, its hard. The coverage lasts all day and i would gladly repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was shopping for a good concealer today and i tried shu uhemra gel concealer with help from the BA..GOSH!the BA remove my makeup entirely and re-applied the foudation together with the base mousse and concealer!Its very cakey even my gf said that there were patches of concealer on my cheeks..its so visible!!!I know that the BA is trying to link-sell but seriously!!!My skin is prone to acne and redness I need something reallly good to cover up the imperfection..the shu uhemra gel concealer cost 48sgd and its .....
So my next stop was sephora and thankfully I met a kind BA who advice me to try the LM secret concealer,she chose for me SC-1 and this shade is the lightest (PS: I have dark skin tone,super worry!!)
I asked her whether I can tried it on my freshly popped pimple and she helped me to apply on my affected areas.She also said that I should put few layers until its less visible.I was amazed by the coverage and it completely conseal the redness and the marks..She follows up with a compact foundation and my skin really look fawless..The BA also told me to apply liquid foudation after I use the concealer cause it blend in much more better comparing to a compact foudation to reduce the appearence patches.So I am very satisfy to pay 46 sgd on this wonderful ptd..The BA also told me that this is not for under eyes cause the texture is too drying.. =)

UPDATE 131013: hate this concealer it break me out like hell!I wear this together with my chanel foundation when I was on my holiday trip in tokyo during summer..I developed small bumps along my jaw line and cheeks area..my skin look like crap and the concealer make my small bumps look more visible..my makeup look cakey as well...worst part is the small bump i have became cyctis acne..it took me 2mths to clear my skin..although the ptd state that it is non comedogenic but dont let it deceive you..it might have other ingredient that trigger skin to break out..

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by kokosboll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer I've ever used. My skin is quite fair, yellow undertone, but a lot of redness from healing acne marks - I use no2 and find it very helpful that there's a more pink/peachy side along the yellow-y. This covers my redness and marks, stays put and (most importantly) does NOT clog my pores, which are very very prone to congestion. Love the blending, that it goes perfect on all different shades on my face, the lil mirror inside and the fact that this'll probably last me a year or more. Thumbs up!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Ihearttintin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: 10/12/13:
Alright... I hate to say this but I am no longer a fan. I find that if you're great at blending or a great makeup artist, then you can handle this concealer. Don't get me wrong- I love the packaging and how there are 2 colors...I love the concept but I can't do it. I'm just your average, everyday working gal that just needs a concealer that sticks on my face for hours. Something Simple. I don't have time to blend anymore or to make sure it doesn't look like I have light spots all over my face to cover the acne spots haha I am just going to stick to stick concealers or cream. I just need to tap and blend a bit and I'm good to go. Also, I have combo skin and when the fall and winter season come, I find it hard to get it out of the package without looking too cakey.
-----------------------------------------------------
"THIS is the concealer for acne marks and hyper-pigmentation"
I think I may have found my HG concealer. I'm someone with ALOT of acne marks. My skin is olive so alot of the marks become very dark and pigmented. They're so annoying to get rid of. I admit, I did not cooperate with the texture of this product. I preferred cream or liquid concealers rather than this. I thought it was weird having 2 colors - one that was way too light and one that was about right. I got used to this over time and application became much more simple. It's APRIL and I bought this in January and I'm already running out :( Good stuff. Just make sure to apply a setting powder on where you've concealed. Also, this is NOT for under eyes - I recommend a liquid concealer for that one. I use MAC's prolong wear concealer for that. Oh and I might add, the lighter color is great as a highlighter, if you want to contour your nose.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff. I am never without it in my bag. I use it to cover blemishes and redness. NOTHING lasts like it. It covers amazingly well and stays put until you take it off and it does not. I agree with Issey- this is not a concealor for under your eyes. It is not sold as such.