Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

3.9

(SC-1 SC-8): Diethylene Glycol, Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Honey Extract (Mel), Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrapeptide-14, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 12/25/2012 7:35:00 PM

Honestly, I don't understand the whole hype around this product. I have oily / combination skin (oily on the T-Zone), and this product always looks patchy on me. When I put it on, it wears off after less than an hour, and it's drying, too. If I have a blemish, it actually makes it more apparent than concealed. This product is a definite "no-no" for me.

on 12/21/2012 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

By far THE BEST concealer I have ever found. Great for covering up acne and scars. The shades let you custom blend to the exact color you need. I will use this forever!

on 11/18/2012 11:15:00 AM

I purchased this in light. It is good on blemishes and broken capillaries, but lousy under the yes. It settles into fine lines and wrinkles and doesn't provide enough coverage. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I hated this when I first bought it. It was dry and didn't spread very well at all. After I broke through the top layer and figured out the best way to use it (fingers only, I hate using a brush with this product) I found it to be amazing, smooth, creamy, and has wonderful coverage. I mix my 2 colors together (my shade is S3) and it's a perfect match. This is full coverage concealer for sure. I wouldn't use this under my eyes, as I feel it's too thick and a bit too dry for that area, but a little bit of highlighting in the inner corners with the lighter shade couldn't hurt, I think. I'm actually hitting pan on one of the shades, but it has lasted me a good long while. I don't need much of it, especially since I mix 2 shades. I also love the compact packaging! I get weird bumps in this concealer though, just on the smaller side. No clue what that is, but it looks gross. I will repurchase.

on 10/23/2012 5:47:00 PM

I originally read the reviews on here about this concealer and was very skeptical, but after speaking with a Laura Mercier makeup artist and having her apply this concealer I was sold. It covers my redness and any acne spots beautifully and truly leaves me with a flawless complexion. A few things about this concealer:

1. It is NOT meant to be an under eye concealer. It is meant for the face only. If you speak with any Laura Mercier professional they will tell you it is not for under eyes. They have a different concealer for that area.

2. Many people complain that the texture is off. That is because you are supposed to blend the two colors. It is supposed to have a crayon-like consistency in the compact. While blending, you will warm up the concealer and it will go on smoother. Also, this thick consistency is what gets the concealer to stay on, cover fully and wear for a long time.

3. People complain that the blending of colors is too difficult or messy, etc. Get a concealer brush, swipe one side of the brush twice on the light color and the other side of your concealer brush twice on the dark color. then blend either on the underside of your wrist or use a corner of the mirror on the compact. The color will blend towards the tip of your concealer brush and then you can easily dot on troubled areas of your face. This seriously takes less than 30 seconds.

A final note: according to Laura Mercier, you should put on your concealer after your foundation to acheive a "flawless face". That way your concealer wont slide or run off while putting on foundation.

This is AWESOME.

Cons - 1. OVERCOME. When I first got this I was highly annoyed, because it greased off and streaked off in like under an hour, really badly highlighting my pores rather than hiding them ugh! And I used too much of the pale side - which made me looked washed out. I was too afraid to add more pink/dark shade, but when I did it TOTALLY got rid of the mad redness in my spots! LOVE IT. I also remembered reading that TOO MUCH product can cause slippage into pores and off of the skin. So if you're having issues, with insanely bad pore highlighting and slipping - please try using less! I did - and now this is my HG concealer :)!

Second ish. Having to blend it! Also a pro because you can make it match your skin perectly, however makeup brands seem to FINALLY be getting it together and including a vast range of shades for the very pale to very dark (ABOUT TIME!) - without those ridiculous undertones. Thank you for making skin products that look like skin finally. So yeah, it'd be better if we didn't have to waste our time mixing it up. It is time consuming. it is messy, and a little dirty, I can't wash my hands before every application!

Also - this isn't good as an undereye concealer - because it is so thick and heavy (AMAZING for bad bad acne etc). My boyfriend was worrying rambling that I was getting under eye wrinkles and that I NEEDED to stop using what ever skincare thing I did under my eyes...but it was just this creasing up from smiling haha :D. Yeah, so it's a little thick :). But I think that that is what a concealer pen should be for - light in consistency, where this bad boy of a thick cream SHOULD be used for acne and scaring :).

But bitching aside ^_^, this is awesome. Because it is the ONLY concealer out of like 20 I have tried - since they discontinued the awesome but terribly pore clogging Estee L maximum cover cream foundation/concealer - that covers so that all redness is GONE (add the pinker/darker side - it really neutralizes the red right out!). It is also the ONLY stuff that stays on my skin solidly for hours - the ONLY stuff that does without containing any alcohol (which will irritate skin, dry out skin and break people out but also the main ingredient that prolongs mu wear) - AWESOME. It fully covers, it lasts a long time, it is smooth coverage - WHAT MORE COULD YA WANT :)?

- erh edit, this looks too thick and is not that long lasting, plus im hitting the pan...still great coverage though :)

Edit - if you want a good concealer which magically covers up rednness, and looks smooth and beautiful - check out the Ellis Faas!

on 10/5/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After reading the reviews on this product I wanted to add my own experience with this product. I am using this to cover broken vains and redness in my facial skin (cheeks) and blemishes/acne. Not for under eye concealing.

It is the best I have used so far for the colour match - blend as you wish...I apply with my finger (clean) and/or with brush to buff it out if needed.

I use this on top of my foundation and I set everything with translucent powder. And this concealer does the job and stays on all day.

It is expensive, but a little goes a long way and I am very happy with my SC1

on 9/23/2012 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is an okay product, I use this to cover my dark circles and to contour my cheeks. It's not that bad but it does make my under eyes look cakey. And it's also pricey, good for contouring not so good for covering dark circles.

on 9/22/2012 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I chose this when I wasn't tanned and it still works on my tanned skin! A makeup artist at Sephora told me to dab the shade on the right on the dark spots first, then add the shade on the left over it. What I do though is just mix the shades with my fingers and then dab it under my eyes. Really brightens my face and makes my eyes look bigger.

on 9/22/2012 3:36:00 AM

This is not my favorite concealer pallet. I purchased it because i heard such great things about it online - how it's this and that. But I know i will not repurchase this. I will use it until i finish but I don't like it that much. Reason is: it's very cakey and hard. I don't think it applies that smoothly on my face - esp the light part of the concealer pallet. The salmon part is alright but still cakey. It's not creamy. I like my undereye concealers to be creamy. I think it's quite expensive too. Wish i could have saved the money.