Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue

3.7

Not here nor there. There is just nothing special enough about this fragrance. I received a bottle as a gift almost 5 years ago and the bottle is still more than half full. I guess it's just not me. Oh and they've come out with a new version called Fifth Ave. After Five - Interesting play on words but the fragrance is very reminiscent of the original which did not do it for me in the first place, so now there is just more of it out there.

on 4/30/2006 11:52:00 PM

I really enjoy 5th Avenue...it is so lovely and appropriate for almost any situation. I'm an RN and have to be very careful with fragrance at work (as I'm obviously quite close to patients, and don't want to make the already ill and/or infirm feel nauseated or offended by my scent), so I wear just the lotion on occasion and it's perfect. Bright, fresh and pretty.

on 4/27/2006 4:33:00 PM

Chathrine Zeta Jones does this commerical really well, she looks so beatiful. This is a glamourous and sexy fragrance by EA. Perfect for middle age women (so not for me!).

on 4/17/2006 2:07:00 AM

I was given a small bottle of this as a gift by my bf's mother. I didn't like it at first, the scent smelled too old-ladyish on me. I think it is classy but I think it would suit someone older more (I'm 25). The packaging is boring, the scent is pretty average. Would not purchase this for myself or even give it to someone else. I'm glad my bottle is done with.

on 2/11/2006 8:00:00 PM

This is a fresh floral that reminds me of Hugo Boss "Woman". It smells ok on other ladies - very feminine with lilac, magnolia, linden blossom and muguet, but on me it smells like soap. Toilet soap. I do not detect any magnolia whatsoever when sprayed on me. This one's not for me unfortunately - it does not work well with my body chemistry - I ruin the fragrance. Also, it is a scent that is too fresh for my taste (I prefer orientals). I gave it away to a friend who loves it, and it smells good on her.
The thing I do like about this fragrance however, is the bottle, very classy and elegant.....

on 10/18/2005 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's a very ladylike scent and most of my male friends like the scent too. But dont know why my female frens thinks the smell is too thick. I bought the 75ml but I stop using it after use it for not more than 1/3 as I feel bored about the scent, nothing special just an old fashion fragrance in a plain package. Not suitable for young girls. It's a very nice scent but I think my Anna Sui Secret Wish really suitable for me

I purchased a sample of this from Scentagious and I put it on and 2 seconds later- I kid you not it was gone, nothing there. Really wanted to like this one too.I must admit that scents with iris notes in them usually do not work with my chemistry. continued >>

on 9/26/2005 12:24:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other

I like floral scent perfumes. My signature perfume is CD J'adore. I like this scent and it has great staying power, but too much can be overpowering. However I dont find it to be a memorable scent that I desire, like J'adore.

on 8/22/2005 7:10:00 PM

This is a lovely scent and one that is perfect for any occasion as long as it is applied with the general caution that too much could be over-bearing (like anything). It is very special with it's floral ingredients and staying power. I think it is a fresher floral than most and is very sophisticated. If you like floral scents, give it a go!

Ingredients include;
a blend lilac, lily of the valley, mandarin, bergamot, linden blossom, violet, rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, tuberose, nutmeg, clove, peach, iris, musk, vanilla, amber, sandalwood and magnolia.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hmm.. Too bad I can`t wear this one. it gives me a really bad headache, and actualluy it gives people AROUND me an headache too. Still I really love the design of the bottle... *Lol*

Popular Fragrances