July 30, 2014 | 1476 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - NEW! Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by canneberges

I LOVE this shampoo. It is amaxing.

Price: About 10 bucks CAN, but with how long this thing lasts, it is really a great value for the price. I've had mine for roughly 2 months now and I'd say its barely half reduced. So I will probably get at least a full 4 months out of it.

Packaging: The beauty (and the point!) here is that there is no packaging. To store it, I leave mine to dry on the shower rack with half the tin it came with covering it. These pucks need drainage or else they get really goopy, not a pretty sight.

Product: A SA recommended this to be because I was having a problem with my hair breaking and shedding near the roots over the winter (my hair got really, unusually dry this year), and she said she used it herself and found her hair to be growing faster. The scent is a lovely cinnamon-heart and clove smell. Really nice and spicy. It doesn't linger in your hair though, so you wont be smelling like it all day.

This is great for the days my head is feeling a little itchy or congested. After I shampoo, my hair feels incredibly clean (but not stripped), and thicker, just healthier overall. I can't say for sure if my hair has been growing any faster, because I swap it out with the Karma bar. The only con to this lovely bar is that if i go a full week only using this my hair gets a little dried out so I like to switch it up.

Other than that this thing is perfect for my thin, fragile hair. Will continue to purchase over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

This was my first experience with a bar shampoo. I was having trouble
with hair fallout so was trying different products including Rehab. I
needed several times more swipes of the bar than the Lush guy
suggested. It was ok, but the whole business was too clumsy for me,
as well as what do you do with the bar when you're done shampooing.
Lush has covered tins but that seemed like it would be a mess.
The New! Hair bar has a delicious spicy fragrance. If you like bar
shampoos, do try this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by tashalicious

For reference, my hair is naturally very thick and heavy and a bit coarse and I usually get it thinned out as much as I can at the salon.
I got a small bar of this in a set. I shampooed my hair twice with it (like I usually do with other shampoo) and used a tiny bit of American Cream on my ends.
The difference it has made to my hair is nothing short of miraculous. Usually, in order to make my hair bearable, I have to blow dry and flat iron it, but I didn't need to do any of this. It's soft and manageable and just really really nice :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sara942

I normally have pretty dry, fluffy hair. I tried other LUSH shampoo pucks (Squeaky Clean, Godiva and Seanik) and all of them made my hair extremely dry and wiry. When I got the New! bar as a birthday present, I really didn't think I'd like it, but gave it a shot.

It's good. It doesn't dry out my hair, but does manage to leave it less fluffy after I wash than with most other shampoos. When I got highlights, this didn't affect them at ALL either--awesome, since it's not specifically touted as "color-safe." The strong cinnamon scent is great for waking you up in the morning, but it doesn't linger in your hair--a somewhat smokey (like summer barbeque grill) scent takes its place. I don't really like it...I wish this bar had a more feminine scent.

Note that the bar does nothing to enhance shine or prevent hair loss for me, however. I still shed quite a bit while blow-drying, but it could be because I have such thick hair to begin with.

All in all though, good bar. I've been using it for 7 months so far with no problems. Oh, and this bar will easily last me another month, so it gets an A for longevity.

and it gets 5 for packaging quality because it's so environmentally friendly by design, that it doesn't need any packaging!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by hulakids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Iíve just recently become a Lushie convert, after many years of searching, I found two HG skin products at LUSH, which made me eager to see what other products might also be HGs for me. This has been an additional and unexpected HG find at LUSH. It has a noticeable cinnamon smell, similar to the Red Hots candy mentioned by another MUA reviewer, which I found pleasant. This shampoo is billed as helping to stimulate the scalp and deal with hormonal hair loss. Since all my life I shed a great deal of my thin, dry, fine and now colored hair, I figure why not give this a try? Iím glad I did. I have used it 3-4 times and Iíve found less hair in the drain hair catcher, on my comb/brush or on the floor. It does leave my wet hair VERY stringy and in need of a great deal of conditioner to make it manageable, which Iím not too fond of (hence minus 1 lippie), but the bottom line is that IT WORKS as I have less hair loss! :) It's more effective than costlier Alterna hair loss products I have tried. I would recommend giving it a try.

PROs
-Did help reduce hair loss
-Has not stripped my hair color
-Cinnamon smell (if you like it)
-Lathers nicely and looks like you can get quite a number of washes
-More cost effective than other high end prevent hair loss products
-Convenient for air travel
-If it doesnít work for you, it can be returnedÖ

CONs
-Cinnamon smell (if you donít like it)
-Made my hair very stringy, requiring lots of conditioner to make it manageable

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mugglemichelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a mini sample form at a party and have been using it for a couple weeks and i am in love! The small is amazing - cinamon.
I have trouble with my scalp with occasional dandruff and i'd say 99% or shampoos make my scalp hurt and ache. - ithink it's allergies?
But anyway. this shampoo does a great job at cleansing and doesn't dry out my hair at all like the other solid shapoo I use (soak and Float) and doens't make my scalp hirt like ultimate shine.
I'm so glad I got a mini one of these free - I have wanted to try it forever and I think it is probably my new HG lush shampoo. the shamoo bars in general are very economical about $9 CAN and last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by MsSunshineGal27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love the idea of a solid shampoo. This has a nice scent and forms and excellent lather. It is easy to use and leaves my hair feeling just the right amount of clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by PuzzInBootz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using it a few times I already can say: This is the best hair product I ever used!!! Because IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS, and in such a perfect way you can't believe. After all those hollow promises in advertisings or hair salons (I used everything.. from drugstore shampoos to overrated brands like tigi) I never thought I would ever come across a hair product the costumer can really count on.
I have extreme bleached hair and til 2009 I often straightened it and blow-drying after every wash was a must. Added on this I have problems concerning hormone balance - you can't believe how much hair I lost everyday!! Hairline crack caused of long-term "little" hair damages AND real hair loss caused of hormones, malnutrition, whatever. NEW! Hair .. It's a mercy! I have been using this for 1 week and every morning I'm so happy running with my hand through my hair and finding no fallen out hair!! when I did this before using NEW!, you could find blonde hair everywhere.. sofa, on my jacket, on the carpet under my seat at school :D,.. Incredible it did its work already after 3 times of use. changeover from hair loss-disaster to healthy scalp that keeps your hair. And it HAS TO be the shampoo which did this miracle - I didn't take hormones, didn't eat other things than normally,... I just took another shampoo :) Now I'll definitely buy also a LUSH hair treatment for my damaged hair (of course NEW doesn't repair your hairline crack.. it already does enough miracles without ;D) and I'm convinced I get back my healthy hair with my new favorite brand. Since I know NEW! Hair, I also know: I'll never return to TIGI. I found my perfect hair product which keeps its promise :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by deathbyjava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this shampoo bar at a time when I had experienced a lot of hair loss due to using clairol herbal essences. Let me tell you: this little bar WORKS! After the hair loss, I started using this and the hair came back! It left my scalp feeling clean and invigorated. The cinnamon scent didn't linger but it did wake me up in my morning shower. This bar helped me out during a time when I was so worried about the hair loss so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by rainybaby

its such a cute little shampoo bar hehe. it doesn't smell as good as the other Lush products i think~ but its still good nonetheless~
i bought this after a terrible haircut (==") and the BA told me its suppose to stimulate hair growth. i haven't really noticed much of that. though i use this with American Cream and my hair ends up really smooth and shiny~
it was a bit too... tame afterwards? like, straight and shiny, for my liking anyways~ im more looking for hair with more volume. so because of that i won't be buying this again (gonna try New next time =]) but its still a good shampoo~