LUSH Solid Shampoo

4.1

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Nettle and Peppermint Infusion (Urtica dioica and Mentha piperita), Glycerine, Nettle Absolute (Urtica urens), Rosemary Absolute (Rosmarinus officinalis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), *Cinnamal, *Eugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 73360, Cinnamon Stick (Cinnamomum cassia) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 9/21/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use to love this product. As someone said it lasts forever yeaap and that's the problem for me. When I bought it two years ago I really loved it and used it on daily basis. I had a trouble hair back then -was falling like crazy and this was the only thing that helped to grow new hair quickly. The only con is that it stripped the color a little. I've tried it recently and something was wrong - the hair was dull, no volume, dry (even I used conditioner). Then I discovered that it just went off. So don't forget the expiration date (or don't buy to many products so you can't use them up all LOL).
And the smell is yummy, spicey and it reminds me Christmas. It's good product for it's purpose - it does stimulate the folicules and the hair GROWS...

on 7/19/2010 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cleans hair well enough and has a nice cinnamon scent. It's claim to help new hair growth or reduce hair breakage - not true in my case. I saw absolutely no difference in the amount of hair breakage I was getting. And I REALLY needed an emolient conditioner because it left my hair dry.

on 7/14/2010 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Love, love, love it! So good on my oily locks! It's amazing! Makes them so soft, and I have cinnamon hair! MMMM! fantastic!

on 6/25/2010 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am in love with New! Shampoo. While I don't find that it makes my hair grow faster, it certainly stopped my hair from shedding. I have shoulder length , THICK, color treated hair and this makes it feel squeeky clean. It lathers really well, smells good (to me) and takes allthe product buildup and gunk out)

When I first rinsed it out of my hair I was worried because my hair felt like straw. As it started to air dry it got softer and softer. When it fully dried my hair was softer, smoother and shinier. I generally need to flat iron parts of my hair to get them to lay right, but I don't have to with this.

Every other washing I use Jungle Conditioner along side New! for some moisture (New can be more drying otherwise for me).

Price wise I find it reasonable. 10 dollars for a bar that last 2+ months.

I will be buying this again and again

on 6/24/2010 4:19:00 PM

Put me in the LOVE column for the product itself -- it did wonders for my thin, breaking, and in spots actually *thinning* hair. My stylist can't believe the improvement. I love the scent and the performance, and it lasts forever. Plus traveling is a breeze with this. Points off for not coming with some kind of packaging -- leaving it in the shower can make it messy, even melty. But otherwise, love love love. I will use this forever.

on 6/6/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I originally bought this for my mom, I'd figured it would be goof for people that lose a lot of hair or has thin hair. I actually tried this for myself too and I fell inlove. You may have to get use to the scent, but it's very refreshing, I love it. It also makes my hair easy to brush and extremely soft without using conditioner. I will def. repurchase this again.

on 5/13/2010 7:58:00 PM

LUSH for me rarely provides that in-between, take-it-or-leave-it product. I either love it or hate it, but this is one of those rare items that I would use again if it was laying around or given to me, but if I had a choice, I wouldn't. New! supposedly prevents breakage and makes regrowth faster. The breakage part I can agree with, but the fast regrowth, I do have to say, has got to be a myth. I can't wrap my head around a shampoo speeding up the follicle's process.

I bought this product when I noticed that I was starting to get breakage around my crown from constant styling. My hair grows faster than normal, so I wasn't using it for that purpose. I did notice that this cinnamon-scented puck was doing its job in the anti-breaking field, so that alone made it worth the price ($10 CDN, and it lasts me, with daily use, about a month and a half).

But I wasn't wowed by the product; in fact, I'm quite ho-hum on it. I prefer other solid shampoos by LUSH. This New! I won't be buying again.

on 5/11/2010 8:40:00 PM

I LOVE this shampoo. It is amaxing.

Price: About 10 bucks CAN, but with how long this thing lasts, it is really a great value for the price. I've had mine for roughly 2 months now and I'd say its barely half reduced. So I will probably get at least a full 4 months out of it.

Packaging: The beauty (and the point!) here is that there is no packaging. To store it, I leave mine to dry on the shower rack with half the tin it came with covering it. These pucks need drainage or else they get really goopy, not a pretty sight.

Product: A SA recommended this to be because I was having a problem with my hair breaking and shedding near the roots over the winter (my hair got really, unusually dry this year), and she said she used it herself and found her hair to be growing faster. The scent is a lovely cinnamon-heart and clove smell. Really nice and spicy. It doesn't linger in your hair though, so you wont be smelling like it all day.

This is great for the days my head is feeling a little itchy or congested. After I shampoo, my hair feels incredibly clean (but not stripped), and thicker, just healthier overall. I can't say for sure if my hair has been growing any faster, because I swap it out with the Karma bar. The only con to this lovely bar is that if i go a full week only using this my hair gets a little dried out so I like to switch it up.

Other than that this thing is perfect for my thin, fragile hair. Will continue to purchase over and over again.

on 5/2/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This was my first experience with a bar shampoo. I was having trouble
with hair fallout so was trying different products including Rehab. I
needed several times more swipes of the bar than the Lush guy
suggested. It was ok, but the whole business was too clumsy for me,
as well as what do you do with the bar when you're done shampooing.
Lush has covered tins but that seemed like it would be a mess.
The New! Hair bar has a delicious spicy fragrance. If you like bar
shampoos, do try this one!

For reference, my hair is naturally very thick and heavy and a bit coarse and I usually get it thinned out as much as I can at the salon.
I got a small bar of this in a set. I shampooed my hair twice with it (like I usually do with other shampoo) and used a tiny bit of American Cream on my ends.
The difference it has made to my hair is nothing short of miraculous. Usually, in order to make my hair bearable, I have to blow dry and flat iron it, but I didn't need to do any of this. It's soft and manageable and just really really nice :)