December 19, 2014 | 1473 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 6:09:00 AM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is an ok cleanser.

Pros: smells nice, economical (you only have to use very little to foam up), cleans quite well.
Cons: pricey, laden with chemicals, didn't do anything revolutionary for my skin.

Wouldn't really buy it as I prefer gels over cleansing foams. I got this as a sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by hetsy

When I donot have enough sleep my skin looks so dull. This definietly brightens it and refines my small pores. You only need a pea sized amout so do not over do it and esp since it is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

Shiseido makes the best cleaners - bar none. I love this one. Yes its expensive, but worth it. I bought one it lasted me 8 months. You just need a dot and it foams up like you wouldn't believe! This one has small microbeads that gently exfoliate the skin. It smells great too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by JU1CYY69

so i've been using this for a bit over a week now and i love this cleanser. it smells good and when i use it, my face feels so clean and refreshed. i also havent experienced any breakouts from this cleanser. it also hasnt left my skin feeling really dry. this is pretty expensive though ($49 CAD) but my tube will probably last me forever. if you soak your hands and put a pea size amount and lather it up, i will guarantee you it will cover your entire face and neck. as for the whitening aspect of it, i cant really say for sure how well it works, after all i have been only using this for a week (i'll update later on whether or not this has whitened my skin). so far, i dont see a difference but with my scaring, i think the cleanser has helped to fade it out a bit. when i bought this, the SA recommended this cleanser to me because she saw the bit of scaring i had and told me this would help to fade it. while i think it has helped, i cant be 100% sure whether it's the cleanser or the bio oil i've been using, or maybe a mixture of both. whatever it is, the scaring is fading which is good! although i love this cleanser and all, $49 a tube isn't really worth it IF the whitening doenst work because there are probably many alternatives for cleansers that work just as well for less.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by fallenrainxx

While this cleanser may be quite expensive, I think I got what I paid for! It lathers easily, smells great, removes oil, dirt, and makeup, brightens your skin, refines skin texture, and reduces redness. The package came with instructions in many different languages and is pretty informative. All you need is a pea-sized amoun and a spoonful of water; lather it in your palm and gently wash your face. The only thing about this product is that it really DOES brighten/whiten your face, so you have to remember to wash your neck as well, otherwise you'd have a darker neck and that's not a pretty sight :) Overall, this product is amazing-I love it and would definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by FelesMala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has to be the most I've ever spent on a cleansing product, but I've lived with dull-toned skin for much too long. I wasn't looking to be paler or anything, just wanted anything to make my skin look more awake and bright. The cleanser has already changed the appearance and evened the tone of my skin in two weeks of use. I have pretty normal skin, and I didn't experience any severe dryness that has been reported below. It definitely gave my skin a clean feeling, but the best part by far for me is how little bit of product goes so far! I use a pearl-size amount and lather it in my wet hands and it poufs up so much it is usually enough for my face, neck, and chest area. It makes the dollar amount of the product a little less painful for me, because I know this stuff will last for some time. I use this in combination with the white lucent eye-cream, and I feel like my skin finally looks alive. Obviously, you'll feel dryness if you don't use a proper moisturizer, so I still make sure to use my regular night cream, and for the day, I use the shiseido tinted moisturizer. I now feel more confident without having to wear blush and highlighter to make my skin look bright. I can just go with my tinted moisturizer and mascara/lip gloss and I'm set. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Kyulove

The texture is nice; very creamy which feels good when rubbing it to melt. I don't like the tube because I only want to use so much for my face but when I squeeze the tube, more than I usually need comes out. I have used samples of this and purchased the real one. My tube is fairly new but so far I can say it does good with removing the dirt and I do feel my face is lighter after I wash with this foam cleanser. I like light foam cleansers with no beads or exfoliating particles of any kind. Maybe that is why I rate this highly because it is soft and creamy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by chocogurl

Oh my goodness! This was a match made in heaven. It might not satisfy some people, but I LOVE the whole squeaky clean feel. I can tell it took all the gunk off that collected into the pores of my face during the day. The only con, an obvious one, is the price. Shiseido is quite expensive, but the quality is well worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by bunnyvie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this cleanser as I love Shiseido however this was too drying for my skin and I couldnt really see the effects of brightening. I wouldn't buy this again..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by cutiejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product is okay, my mom bought it because she loves shiseido. so i tried this face wash. and it's not that great but okay. It feels nice and foams up great, but it doesn't give you that clean feeling. and also it is drying. i wouldn't buy it again.