AmLactin 12%

4.3

Water, Lactic Acid (Neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide), Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth 4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose

on 6/15/2010 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am one of those girls always asking the skin borad what to do about my flaky skin on my face. It would be miserable sometimes putting on my foundation, I'd have to spend a lot of time getting rid of the flakes afterwards. Not no more, thanks to ALactin. It has reduced that problem 100%. Yes, I use it on my face, it does not clog my skin + in fact it has cleared out all my clogged pores. It is my HG for my face and I will always have it on hand forever.

Update: I've been using Olay resurfacing elixer with the best results to get rid of my flakes. Amlactin stinks and feels like glue on my face. I tossed it.

on 5/31/2010 10:55:00 PM

I love the way it makes my skin feel. I will buy again and again.

on 5/31/2010 10:47:00 PM

I had high hopes for this, but within a couple of days I got an incredible burning rash everywhere I used it. Yikes!!

on 5/29/2010 5:14:00 PM

AmLactin 12% alpha-hydroxy lotion is my unglamorous secret weapon for hands, elbows, heels, upper arms, knees and any other rough spots.

I began using it a year or so ago on my hands every night, hoping to keep my dry hands and cuticles under control. I have had mild scarring on the back of my left hand since I was a baby and I am amazed at how well AmLactin has smoothed out my skin and diminished the scarring. This has happened over time (like a year) so don't expect overnight results.

It also works very well on KP on upper arms and helps keep my heels smooth between visits from Mr. Pumice.

I buy AmLactin at my local CVS where it can be found on the bottom shelf in the lotion aisle (along with the other unglamorous products). It's pricy at $15 or $16 US for 7.9 oz, however you can download a $2 coupon at amlactin.com and if you can combine it with CVS ExtraBucks, you can save.

AmLactin doesn't smell great - actually, it smells like something you might need a prescription for - and the bottle is a plain flip-top plastic one but to me, the product inside is what really matters and I will keep re-purchasing.

AmLactin may be a little tough on sensitive skins, so remember that your mileage may vary. ; )

I should also add that I only use AmLactin at night. I find it a little tacky feeling on my hands for during the day.

on 5/24/2010 2:00:00 PM

I don't understand the comments about the smell. I don't smell ANYTHING. I wonder if there isn't a difference between the lotion in the tube vs. the capped bottle.

Anyway, I find this to be VERY heavy. Hours after applying I still have the feeling I've been dipped in oil. Which I personally find nice.

My skin is VERY soft. I LOVE this lotion. I didn't think anything could tear me away from my Nivea Cream (told you I like that heavy lotion feeling), but this has stolen my heart.

on 4/24/2010 11:34:00 PM

I got in this in prescription form when I was younger and I've also bought it over-the-counter. I use it for mild KP (for those who don't know, KP=keratosis pilaris. It refers to those really annoying little bumps that a lot of people get on the backs of their arms and elsewhere. They look a lot like pimples.)
Pros: does help smooth KP bumps, it's extremely hydrating and it sinks into skin pretty quickly.
Cons: smell is a little icky, it causes sun sensitivity (which is a problem since most people with KP are quite pale,) and it's kind of expensive.

To achieve great results I personally have to use it religiously (like twice daily.) I usually layer a lighter, nice-smelling lotion on top, just because of the scent.

I've gotten equal or better results with my KP from using coconut oil daily, but I still keep a bottle around just because sometimes I don't want to wait for oil to sink in.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I obtained some samples of this..one in cream form and another in the lotion version. Everybody keeps using techincal terms like KP, SK, Itcyosis etc that mean nothing to me. What i suffer from in laymens terms..thin skinned, wrinkley, crinkley skin on my arms and not one cream or lotion has helped. Finally talked to a rep from this co. and was told its good for this problem as well. I have used the lotion samples for 2 days and the lines are less visible and my arms feel soft. My super sensitive skin didnt break out in an allergic reaction either. So far i would say this is working out very well and hopefully by summer i can wear some short sleeved tops. Bottom line...not just for KP but for wrinkely arm or body skin. It glides on without any pull and tug and has the right amount of moisture in it...not greasy nor runny.

on 3/18/2010 10:11:00 AM

My skin gets so dry at times that I have to apply lotion twice a day to keep flakes away. Awful! Sometimes my legs would even itch.
After some reviews and gathering some email from other users, I decided to give this a try.
From the very first use, I noticed an outstanding improvement! My legs and arms are very smooth and feel great to the touch. No more skin flakes when I remove my pants!
This works so well that I only really need to apply it after my shower although I will say that using it twice a day provides even better results.
Even though this product cost somewhat more than your average everyday lotion, it is well worth it. I do not mind using quite a bit when applying it because it works so well on me. I am amazed.
I do have KP on my upper arms and front thighs and this has helped quite a bit. More so than any other product I have tried in the past.
I warn you now that the smell is not good. I even wondered what "that smell is" and discovered it was this lotion. I wear a litttle perfume, most of the time, so it hasn't just killed me. My husband and I both have senstive noses and he smelled a little of it on our sheets, if I used it right before going to bed, but he agreed it is worth it. I guess you could apply a little scented lotion over it if you wanted.
After using it for a month now, I can say that I will never be without it no matter what the cost.
Younger looking, comfortable skin!.

on 3/10/2010 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this cream in a tube for about a week. I'm using it on my face and chest (to start with) for Seborrheic Keratoses (SK). I've decided to try a home remedy instead of getting them burned or scraped off by a derm which can cause serious long-lasting/permanent hyperpigmentation and I've got a lot of them (derm would be too expensive). Anyway, I read that 35% or higher glycolic acid, 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide or lactic acid might get rid of them. The lactic acid (cheapest and easily obtained at ds) seemed like a good starting place. This might not be a strong enough lactic acid (at 12%) but I'm trying it anyway.
I can only use this at night because I have a habit of touching my eyes and this stuff burns my eyes a lot. LOL Anyway, I haven't broken out from using it (skin is quite smooth and soft). The only cons (so far) is that my normally oily t-zone is a bit more oily but I'm going to stick with it and see if I can get some results and the ammonia smell which goes away fairly quickly. Maybe I'll stop putting it on my t-zone since I don't have any SK in that area just some hyperpigmentation.
If this doesn't work, I'll try one of the other methods. I'll update in future.

Slow but Steady progress sums it up. Great with Retin A. Works under makeup for me. Really smoothes skin and bumps. Helps prevent ingrown hairs. Can mix it with advocato oil or another moisturizer. Really whitens my nails. I could go on, but you get the idea. Cons: burns until your skin gets used to it or when you have a nik. You can dilute it with oil until skin gets used to it. A Great product!