April 17, 2014 | 1803 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wore this when I was a teenager and out of curiosity I bought a bottle the other day. I think that this scent overwhelms some people's chemistry. My chemistry seem to dwarf everything. Scents do not last on my skin, with that said, this is just jammy goodness on me. Its jam, with a hint of wood and a hint of white flowers.
I get migraines from many fragrances, but not this one. I am very glad that I re-visited this. I think its gorgeous.
Try it without any 80's preconceptions and see wht you think.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by kickyouonce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, let's just say that if I were to wear this, my cat would be up in arms and wonder who had marked his territory!

Yes, it smells like cat __________ (a word that begins with and sounds like P).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

I like this, but its not love. its strong so just a spritz will do. to me, its like lolita lempicka's sweeter stronger sister. it smells a bit like grapes to me? Not in a fruity way though, more like a warm earthy sweet way. sometimes it can be a bit too sweet and heady for me though. definitely try it, and wait till it dries down and ONLY one spritz, or else you will hate it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Memories...My husband bought me this perfume when we were first dating, very early on as a gift. I loved this perfume and wore it every single day. This perfume is pretty strong, a little goes a long way. I remember working (in the engineering dept) and all the men would comment on how they could smell my perfume in the hall or cafeteria long after I left it, and how much they liked it... My husband didn't like this effect of his gift, lol. Bottom line, men love this, and it's always nice to *poison* their mind with thoughts of you.

*5 09 ~ I mentioned that I did a review on this perfume to my husband while he was on his home computer working at home. I said remember when you got mad after buying me that perfume Posion... *You said that was meant for you to wear for ME not all the guys at the office to enjoy*. He laughed and said I remember that! He then turned around when I walked out and got on e-bay and bought me a brand new big bottle. I haven't had this perfume in many years. I don't really think it's me anymore, but now when I wear it, I will wear it just for him.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 7:28:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very distinctive, very powerfu, very noticeable. For self-confident women. Can be overwhelming if you put it too much (and even little can be too much:-) Legend! With a good reason...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by DaniDiamondz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im not a fan of this perfume honestly, its strong and just didnt agree with me {or my nose}.
I love hypnotic poison ALOT more then this one!! I would never buy this for myself or anyone else.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by TrashyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This fragrance is insanely STRONG. It's the strongest fragrance I've ever smelled, and I've smelled a lot!! I was shopping and smelled it and sprayed some on and I really liked it, so much that I bought it. But after wearing it only a couple of times... it became waay too strong for me (and I LOVE strong fragrances, but this one was way too much) and it started to make me sick and nauseous and it started giving me headaches, which had never happened to me with any fragrances, and I LOVE strong fragrances, but not to this extreme. One really tiny spritz of this fragance is enough for you to make any room you're in and anywhere you walk by smell absolutely like Poison, it's that strong. And honestly, it truly is like poison, this perfume is able to knock people out if you wear too much of it (and too much of it can be only 2 sprays!!)... it's not that the scent is bad at all because I do like it a lot, but I hate that strong thing that it has which is what makes me get sick. I'd totally LOVE it if it was the same scent but waaaay much lighter. It's not fruity at all, it's not foody or vanilla-ish at all either, it's just an insanely strong floral I guess and I love how it smells, but it's crazy strong, and I own the EDT, don't wanna even imagine how INSANELY crazy sickening strong the EDP must be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite perfumes. It's very distinct and rich - it's a hard perfume to describe! It's a little floral, a little woody, a little spicy...and I just love it. Definitely my signature scent, and definitely a rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by feili

Even with the EDT, I delight in richness of this perfume. Upon spray, I get visions of dancing light in a dark room. A hint of smokiness and ripeness. It's both sophisticated and playful. A perfect creation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2008 5:33:00 AM More reviews by jeanol

I love this but just cannot wear it. It is such an overwhelming, distinctive perfume......needs a lot of confidence to wear