April 23, 2014 | 1740 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Sensasianx3

I live in Canada so it is hard to come across NYX products at the regular drugstores. To my surprise, Pharmas Plus actually sold NYX so I hovered towards the little section and scampered through the Ultra Pearl Mania pigments. They are quite expensive in comparison to the United States. (About 4.99 plus tax, which is not bad but still hefty for the amount that was in the little bottle) I got the green one and the purple one... which I forgot the exact names to. I got home and gave it a try and they were quite pigmented and had a nice staying power but the packaging is not good at all. I swear I must've killed like 1/8 of the bottle when I first dipped my brush in there. Nevertheless, I will definitely repurchase again when the price goes down.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by annos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Considering how cheap these pearl loose pigments are the quality is amazing. I have "Ocean Pearl", "Space Pearl" and "Fanta Pearl", all of them are really pigmented and easy to work with. I love the effect you get, shimmery but not glittery. I will definitely buy more of these. Took one lippie of because of the horrible packaging. Come on, it's almost impossible to get a brush down there and trying to put a little pigment in the cap means a bathroom full of eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by arl2267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These pigments are awesome! You get sooo much product in the little containers, WAY more than 5 grams. The color pay off is great too. I think my favorite is probably White Pearl because it is a great highlighter, and it isn't too bright or too shimmery. My only problem with these pigments is the container. The opening to the bottle is way too small to fit a brush in there so really your only option is to buy jars to put them in. I would definitely recommend these to anyone, just make sure you have so extra jars handy or you won't be able to use them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought these from EBAY - it was a lot of 36 I think - anyway - there was a bunch of them - every color, I think.
I totally agree with review below mine - there's no need to visit a MAC counter again after you discover NYX.
These are fantastic. Very shimmery, but again, they are supposed to be, so don't get mad if that is not what you want. The color selection is nice. Long lasting. Cheap. Small bottles but come on who ever uses a whole one anyway? I wish all makeup coud be smaller and priced accordingly - that way, those of us who like to try everything could save some money and bathroom space!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Bhree

It might seem like common sense to us jaded makeup users, but for your own sanity please make sure to transfer any loose eyeshadows to a different container once you get them. These little bottles are cute but not very good at keeping the dust in once they've been opened.

These are super shimmery and nicely pigmented. So cheap for so much product, too. I think I might have to split these with a friend, there's way too much for me to use. NYX works so well and is such a value that if I never try MAC I think I'll be just fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by NinaSushi1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love NYX!! hehe, I buy wholesales form eBay, so I have all the UPM and it as worth it Great highlighters, and I transferred them to 3grm jars to use easier, which is great b/c I gave some to my mom and a friend to try out, it will last many plus applications. Very shinny, best are pearl, white pearl, nude, yellow-gold, and turquoise! but they all good. Good quality of the product.

Edit: I bought these a while back so I don't not own the new 6 colors.

I recommend:

Highlight colors
Pearl, Nude, White (White is a good frosty white), sky pink, mink (slightly darker than Nude)

Lid/ Pops of colors/Crease: Walnut, Lime Green, Turquoise, Space, and Purple

but they're all good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have almost every shade. The bottles are annoying but the colors are great. Love them. All very shimmery so some might find them difficult to wear. But on the other hand the colors can be applied sheerly to help w/the wearable angle
Edit: Took a lippie off because the shimmer can be over the top

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 10:59:00 AM More reviews by lolo10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE these little pigments....granted, the bottles are a little small...but i just use an old (clean) contact case to dump a bit in to use...a little goes a LONG way so theres no need to shake out a bunch....I read a few other reviews on concerns with not knowing the names of the colors once the cap comes off..all i did was peel the labels off and re-suck them so they wrap around the bottle instead of going long-ways...anywho...i bought 3 for 0.99/bottle...super inexpensive for such great colors/quality ...I'll definitely be purchasing more colors soon :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by wickedbatman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the pay off on these too! However they do need to make a better container for these, The bottle tops are too small, So it is best to either put them into a sample jar or press the pigments, But great pay off :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 7:24:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently bought all 24 colours and I love them so much I just ordered 24 more on Ebay. I rarely go this crazy, but these pigments by NYX are fantastic. They consist of 100% minerals: Mica, Iron Oxides and Titanium Dioxide. So you get a 100% natural product, no synthetics and no animal ingredients. These pigments are also dirt cheap. I got mine for 1$/ 5 ml bottle, which is by far the cheapest I ever paid for mineral eye shadow.

I dont have any problem with the bottle. The opening is just the right size for my angled brush; in fact all my brushes fit in perfectly. Someone mentioned they could barely fit a q-tip, which is an exaggeration. I would advise not to use a big brush for mineral eyeshadow, because it will pick up too much pigment and you will be left with tons of fall-out and wasted product. So use a small brush that will pick up a small amount of powder, draw a line on your eyelid and then if you want to -use a bigger brush for defining or smudging. I use TBS brushes which are best suitable for mineral makeup and are the smoothest, imho.

If you want more pigment to stick and show, you'll definitely need a good base. With the right primer, the pigments stay put, and you get a more vibrant colour.

Speaking of colours, I adore all except the blue ones. Luckily they are just a few. There are wonderful shades of gray, brown and pink that are my favourites. I mix the blue ones with some gray to get darker colour. That's the beauty of mineral makeup: the pigments are loose and you can mix them to create new colors. I mixed some shades with my mineral foundation (Isadora) and that works too. You can create more matte look that way.

These pigments are more metallic than pearly/frosty, imho, but it's nothing extreme. Thankfully the glitter in these is finely milled, so it's easy to create a subtle look. But the gray shades are wonderful for a dramatic smoky eye.

Names of the shades are only printed on a big sticker on the bottle, (including the cap). I just make a small cut with a knife so that I can open the cap, and keep the sticker on the bottle. Some colors look similar in the bottle, but not on the eyelid, so this way I avoid making a mistake.

PS. As a contact lens wearer, I don't experience any problems or irritation with these pigments.
continued >>