July 31, 2014 | 2032 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by GoldenGoddess09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love my NYX pearl mania collection. I bought all 24 colors plus the 6 glitters on ebay. It's really pigmented and the price is great... kind of a cost effective version of mac. There are only two downsides of the product: its VERY powdery so theres alot of fall out and it gets messy, the other downside is the packaging its impossible to get a brush inside the tiny bottles but I remedied that by ditching the original bottles for sifter pots which helps alot and eliminates some of the fall out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love my ultra pearl manias. I have the turquoise, the nude, the fanta pink, and the lime pearl. They are extremely pigmented and I poured them out into empty Everyday Minerals sample jars so I can use them since their own containers were not going to work for me. I wrote that I wouldn't repurchase because this stuff (and all my other eyeshadows) will last me a while. I decided to use the pigments I didn't put in the 5 gram jars mixed together in interesting combinations in more empty 5 gram jars. I had some mineral foundation samples that were way to dark to use ever and though a couple could be used as eyeshadows possibly (colors were too flat, though), there was one that was really really dark brown that I decided to add some nude ultra pearl mania to make it shimmerier and lighter and more usable. I also mixed my fanta and turquoise to make a purply mauve in a sample jar. And I mixed lime pearl with turquoise to make a light greenish blue. Not a teal, not an aqua, but still pretty. They need to have a true green in this, the only green they have is lime pearl. I also tried mixing the turquoise with the nude to make a lighter more cobalt blue. Next time I would order the silver to see what new things I could make. I'm happy with my experiments and very happy with these pigments. Even applied dry they show up well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by HilaryLaFrance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love these!

If you want the look of Mac but on a budget go for these. They don't offer as vibrant colors but they are still beautiful on.

The one thing I can't stand is the packaging. You can't fit your brush into the bottle they come in, or at least I couldn't. I had to transfer all my pigments to 1/2oz jars to I could use them.

Nice product though.

P.S. If you want to try them don't go to nyxcosmetics.com because they are $2 a peice, which is cheap but you can get them for 1.25 right now at cherryculture.com :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Sensasianx3

I live in Canada so it is hard to come across NYX products at the regular drugstores. To my surprise, Pharmas Plus actually sold NYX so I hovered towards the little section and scampered through the Ultra Pearl Mania pigments. They are quite expensive in comparison to the United States. (About 4.99 plus tax, which is not bad but still hefty for the amount that was in the little bottle) I got the green one and the purple one... which I forgot the exact names to. I got home and gave it a try and they were quite pigmented and had a nice staying power but the packaging is not good at all. I swear I must've killed like 1/8 of the bottle when I first dipped my brush in there. Nevertheless, I will definitely repurchase again when the price goes down.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by annos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Considering how cheap these pearl loose pigments are the quality is amazing. I have "Ocean Pearl", "Space Pearl" and "Fanta Pearl", all of them are really pigmented and easy to work with. I love the effect you get, shimmery but not glittery. I will definitely buy more of these. Took one lippie of because of the horrible packaging. Come on, it's almost impossible to get a brush down there and trying to put a little pigment in the cap means a bathroom full of eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by arl2267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These pigments are awesome! You get sooo much product in the little containers, WAY more than 5 grams. The color pay off is great too. I think my favorite is probably White Pearl because it is a great highlighter, and it isn't too bright or too shimmery. My only problem with these pigments is the container. The opening to the bottle is way too small to fit a brush in there so really your only option is to buy jars to put them in. I would definitely recommend these to anyone, just make sure you have so extra jars handy or you won't be able to use them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought these from EBAY - it was a lot of 36 I think - anyway - there was a bunch of them - every color, I think.
I totally agree with review below mine - there's no need to visit a MAC counter again after you discover NYX.
These are fantastic. Very shimmery, but again, they are supposed to be, so don't get mad if that is not what you want. The color selection is nice. Long lasting. Cheap. Small bottles but come on who ever uses a whole one anyway? I wish all makeup coud be smaller and priced accordingly - that way, those of us who like to try everything could save some money and bathroom space!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Bhree

It might seem like common sense to us jaded makeup users, but for your own sanity please make sure to transfer any loose eyeshadows to a different container once you get them. These little bottles are cute but not very good at keeping the dust in once they've been opened.

These are super shimmery and nicely pigmented. So cheap for so much product, too. I think I might have to split these with a friend, there's way too much for me to use. NYX works so well and is such a value that if I never try MAC I think I'll be just fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by NinaSushi1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love NYX!! hehe, I buy wholesales form eBay, so I have all the UPM and it as worth it Great highlighters, and I transferred them to 3grm jars to use easier, which is great b/c I gave some to my mom and a friend to try out, it will last many plus applications. Very shinny, best are pearl, white pearl, nude, yellow-gold, and turquoise! but they all good. Good quality of the product.

Edit: I bought these a while back so I don't not own the new 6 colors.

I recommend:

Highlight colors
Pearl, Nude, White (White is a good frosty white), sky pink, mink (slightly darker than Nude)

Lid/ Pops of colors/Crease: Walnut, Lime Green, Turquoise, Space, and Purple

but they're all good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have almost every shade. The bottles are annoying but the colors are great. Love them. All very shimmery so some might find them difficult to wear. But on the other hand the colors can be applied sheerly to help w/the wearable angle
Edit: Took a lippie off because the shimmer can be over the top