L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 1/8/2015 11:20:00 PM

2.5 if I could. Unfortunate packaging... unless you use a sponge applicator of some type I find pouring out of the bottle kinda cumbersome and at times wasteful. I have combo skin and it works for me but if I have drier areas this stuff definitely does not smooth over nicely. Using a primer may help a bit.

Also the matte finish? At first great, however as the day wears on I find it can feel dry or 'powdery'. Lasting power is mediocre. Mediocre because I find on good days and with primer/good skin prep beforehand it stays put. That's on good days, on average however I find it definitely oxidizes and after a full day it feels dried out, looks patchy, just not good in general. I definitely would not recommend this if you have dry skin.

Also if I remember it was ~$14/15 (here in Canada) which seems pushing it for a drugstore foundation, especially one that I personally do not find to be anything but mediocre as far as foundations go.

on 1/8/2015 1:32:00 PM

This made me break out horribly and caused large, painful acne. I actually had to go to a dermatologist to get medication to get rid of it. I would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin or anyone that is prone to acne. I would never repurchase this.

on 1/7/2015 10:46:00 AM

This is my second bottle of this foundation, so I think it is time to write a review. I love this foundation, and I am someone who is fussy, and have been disappointed by L'Oreal products, in the past. So, why did I buy this, in the first place? I spent some time in the foudations aisle in a well-lt store, using testers, over a two-visit shopping trip. I got to try it on my skin, see it in different lights, and check for wear, skin reaction, and whether or not it rubbed off on my clothing easily. Compared to several other products in this price range, I selcted L'Oreal True Match.

I hit my "true match" on my second attempt. N2 works for my fair, mature, used-to-be oily skin. I use prescription strength tretinoin, so sometimes my skin gets flakey, and it has always been sensitive, and is a bit moreso, now. True Match does not irritate my skin, even my eyelids, and blends well with or over my moisturizer, no matter which one I may use on a particular day. It is blendable, buildable, and even when I need to expfoliate -- which I only do once per week as a clean washcloth and Ceptaphil cleanser works well for me -- True Match does not make the flakey spots stand out, or settle into my skin imperfections. I can just pat, rather than fingertip smooth, a spot or two that needs exfoliation, until I exfoliate when I cleanse that night.

I only set with a touch of Physician's Formula powder, and True Match lasts through a whole day of my usual activity. True Match is my go-to foundation for 8-12 hours away from a mirror. I don't have to worry about touch-ups, smears, or color change. It does not make my skin break out or feel too dry.

I always prefer my foundation in a glass bottle, so I like this packaging, and the cap and rim are easy to clean, to keep the product fresh.

on 1/7/2015 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I succumbed to the hype of this foundation and it's honestly pretty good.. Here in Australia drugstore foundations are pretty expensive which sucks because they're not always that great. This is the only drugstore foundation that I have for that reason.

I would say this is medium to full coverage, easy to build. I have dry skin and it works okay for me. My pores are occasionally visible thru this foundation, however they are visible thru others too.

Pros
- Close cover match to MAC foundation shades.
- Easy to blend
- Semi-matte finish
- Doesn't clog pores or cause acne
- SPF protection

Cons:
- Sometimes shows a dry patch on my cheek

If you're looking for a drugstore foundation I would definitely recommend checking this one out.

on 1/6/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

after trying many different foundations, l'oreal true match is the ONE. i find that it is easiest to apply using a wet brush. it gives great medium to heavy coverage (depending on how much you apply) and, when paired with primer and powder, last almost all day on my oily skin without slipping or shining. but the packaging is really awful. it comes in a glass bottle with a screw top and no applicator--you just have to pour it out. it comes out REALLY slow, especially after it's about half empty, and after a few uses the screw top is a mess. whenever i buy a bottle i pour it into an empty moisturizer bottle which has a pump or dropper-type applicator in order to get the product out.

on 1/5/2015 7:05:00 PM

This has been my HG liquid foundation for years. It has medium coverage and applies beautifully. It has a semi-matte finish but I usually apply a tad bit of powder ontop just to set it. This is really a fuss free foundation and the color match is spot on for my porcelain skin tone (nc10), you can't go wrong with this foundation. I love trying new foundations but in the end I always come back to this one.

Pros
-perfect color match (w1 = nc 10 )
-silky application
-semi-matte finish
-doesnt clog pores or cause acne
-no perfume/fragrance
-spf protection

cons
(none)

this foundation is really nice and one of my favourites. the only problem I have with this, is that I cannot put it on without using my moisturizer under it and having to blend both at the same time. if I put it on without my moisturizer it cakes up on my tzone. other than that it's a overall good foundation and finishes with a matte look and has a nice medium coverage.

on 1/3/2015 2:49:00 AM

This foundation is one of my favorites. I bought my first bottle a couple of weeks ago after trying some different shades of it in the store. I was very surprised to find a shade that was actually light enough for my pale face.

I've tried it some times now, and I find it long-lasting, very easy to blend and also easy to build to a heavier coverage if you need that. It doesn't get darker or orange when it dries on the skin which is a big plus since that's a problem I have with a lot of other foundations.

It has a good, medium coverage in my opinion and gives the skin a healthy glow as it doesn't dry up completely matte. Would probably buy it again.

on 1/2/2015 9:30:00 PM

This is currently my favorite foundation. It goes on evenly, has a matte finish, stays all day and doesn't break me out! Just wish the bottle had a pump. Sometimes it is messy when I accidentally pour too much out! :(

on 1/2/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this is the only drug store foundation i like It gives a really good finish But if your oily you will have to fix it later on through out the day but besides that i love it

Video Reviews & Tutorials