April 18, 2014 | 1806 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by koridixon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember buying this years ago in high school and hating it...but after having trouble finding a drugstore color match for my olive skin, I decided to give it another try. I bought it in W4, and the perfect color match makes me soooo happy. I seriously have so much trouble finding foundations with yellow undertones so thank you, L'Oreal! No more pink face for me.

As far as coverage, I love how buildable it is. My skin is far from perfect, but I mainly just need to cover scarring, large pores, and uneven skin tone. I moisturize, then apply one layer, maybe two, with a damp sponge. The coverage is impressively buildable. It's easy to get solid medium coverage without looking cakey. I really like the finish, it's very natural...not too matte, but not greasy or shiny. The lasting power is above average on my oily skin. Most foundations have me looking greasy within an hour or two. With True Match, I can go 4-6 hours without getting too shiny.

As far as cons, it tends to oxidize on my skin and it can transfer easily. If you need something super long lasting or full coverage, I'd stick with a foundation like Revlon Color Stay. But for day-to-day moderate coverage I am loving True Match. I will definitely repurchase and it may be my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by DBusta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is truly a hidden gem. After years of being tied ColorStay bc of it's coverage, I was on the lookout for something new that wouldn't break me out. I decided to give this a try (not expecting anything special), I was amazed at the great coverage! Not to mention it is so smooth and light on the skin, unlike ColorStay. I wear this with ELF Primer and am very satisfied! Took off a lippie from packaging bc I wish it came with a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by funyun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

If only this formula was full coverage, I would love it. I have oily skin and usually within a few hours my foundation looks like an oily mess. This would have to be one of those foundations. I love that there are colors for yellow toned skin, and W4 and W5 really is a true match for me. It looks very pretty after application but this foundation disappears and becomes patchy after a couple hours. I'm still on the lookout for a good yellow toned, longer lasting drugstore foundation..

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On a never ending hunt for my HG foundation, I decided to try this one out based on a lot of rave reviews and especially that of one of my favorite Youtube gurus (Nicole Guerreiro) who has oily skin like I do. W1 is a near perfect match for me, which I was so excited about because I have been unable to find a color match in drugstore foundations. A good color match is pretty much where the good in this foundation stops for me, unfortunately. I wanted to love this foundation but it does not get along with my skin. In the winter time, I tend to be really dry on my cheeks, and oily in my t-zone. I also have roseacea and lovely little bumps that like to hangout on my cheeks as well. This foundation made my cheeks look much more dry and patchy, and my t-zone much more oily. I also feels like it never dries, no matter how much powder I apply. This foundation slips off of my face so quickly and so easily (with the touch of a finger) I find myself having to reapply quite often. I have tried applying with my fingers, beauty blender, with all kinds of brushes, with primer and without and it will not work for me. This foundation would probably suit someone with normal skin, and definitely someone who doesn't need a long-wear. The hunt for my HG foundation continues!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by kitycatlok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm going to start off by saying that my skin is super super dry and flaky all year round. It's a frequent problem when attempting to buy foundations, because a lot of the time even moisturising foundations don't work on my skin because it clings to every single dry patch and accentuates flakes that weren't even visible before applying the foundation. This is one of those.

This clung to every single dry area of my face and it felt like I was pulling on my skin instead of it gliding over the top of it all silky and smooth. As soon as I put it on, not only did it accentuate dry flakes, but it was also patchy and uneven no matter how I attempted to apply it. I am also incredibly pale and neutral undertoned, and this foundation made me look yellow. Not just a little bit yellow, but full on Simpson yellow.

I couldn't wait to get this off of my face and I have since thrown it away, after trying it with a variety of different moisturisers and primers beforehand, and using a variety of different methods to apply it, it was still an awful awful foundation. However, I'm giving it two lippies for the shade range which is fantastic for most. Just not for me. I also like that the version in the UK comes with the pump bottle so you don't end up with too much waste product and it's more hygienic in the long run.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by theartyard

Good colour match and packaging(comes with a pump), but that's as far as it goes.
This foundation makes my skin look patchy, flaky and uneven. The staying power is terrible, stays on for 30mins before turning into a mess. It's also very noticeable I'n wearing foundation.
Have tried applying foundation with a dry sponge, damp beautyblender, buffing brush, good old fashioned fingers, with and without primer- nothing works.
So disappointed, and this foundation was not cheap either.
Going to stick with my skin79 BB cream and Revlon colorstay for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by tampants

I am just now starting to try liquid foundation after having only used concealer and powder. This is the third one I've tried, and I'm very disappointed! It went on very patchy and for some reason was very sparkly. It didn't last long either, I only wore it for about 5 hours and by the end of that it looked terrible. It had settled into my pores and was extremely uneven.

I didn't notice if it broke me out because I only wore it once. It didn't break me out from wearing it once though, if that helps anyone.

Also, the shade selection is very very good. I am usually the palest warm shade (NC 15) and was surprised the one I bought was too light for me! They have shades in cool, warm, and neutral. I'm sure almost anyone could get a great colour match!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by famzaragoza5

I didn't like it. The coverage is ok and it's really blendable but I couldn't stand the stickiness feeling after a few hours of wear. This has never happened to me when I use the Revlon Color Stay. Won't use again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by lolasfes

Heard so much about that foundation I wanted to give it a try. I usually wear semi high end/ high end foundation. By just priming my face with my cinema secret moisture spray, my foundation doesn't move all night long.

With this one, I start getting oily after 5 hours. I usually re touch it up with powder. I don't mind when I have time. But if it's busy night (I'm an event producer), I will not like it. I read that worn with the magic primer, it doesn't move. I'll update my review as soon as I try it!

Lots of shades: I'm an NC20 in mac pro longwear, 2.0 in UD naked foundation, 201 in Airflash Dior, Deauville in Nars sheer matte. The first bottle I bought was w3. It works, but it's still a tinsy bit darker then my usual foundations. Went back to get the w2 in light Ivory. And that was the true match.

Doesn't dry my skin at all. Unlike some other aggressive foundations.

Overall, it's a great drugstore foundation. A little goes a long way. I would recommend using it with a primer that hides pores( benefit's porefessional) because it does tend to get in them and make them visible. Especially when you live in Florida.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by lovecandywastaken

i like the packaging, classic yet simple.. beautiful :)
but the foundation last me max. 1 ½ hour. it goes off patchy and ugly. it's just not worth the semi-high price in my humble opinion :/