November 27, 2014 | 1249 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend Liquid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by stephxrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this foundation! I currently use it everyday, and apply it by using a makeup sponge. It has a nice buildable coverage that goes on smoothly. One thing I did notice though, was that it wouldn't fully cover up some of the redness and also would make my dry skin a bit flaky. So I wouldn't recommend this product to those who have dry skin! I have a hard time finding foundations in my shade since I am extremely pale, but this looks very natural and feels like I'm not even wearing it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by DancingSugarPlum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find that this is super easy to apply and blend. I use my fingers though, not sure if that makes a difference as I rarely ever use brushes.

My main complaint is how easily this comes off. Even the lightest touch will result in, for me, a noticeable amount of foundation coming off. Also, the coverage it provides is only so-so.

Still, it's not too bad considering the low price and I loved the packaging.

Oh, I did want to add that I appreciate how this foundation's Ivory is a real Ivory. In my experiences, I've found that the Ivory in other products is closer to an odd looking form of Classic Ivory that makes me look... less than flattering.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Zumbii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
-> The coverage is very natural when you are USING A DAMP SPONGE
-> The coverage is light/medium, and blends into the skin well.
-> There are many tones available, and it's fairly easy to pick the right shade to match my skintone.
-> It covers up redness well, and gives me a more even skintone.
-> The coverage lasts a fairly decent time (If you don't touch it), does not make my skin overly oily, and does not require touchups throughout the day (Except for many around the nose where I am the oiliest, but that is will ALL foundations)
-> Works well with other concealers and powders (ONLY if you apply them over top the foundation, not underneath)
-> PUMP (enough said)
-> Packaging is attractive, easy to store in purses/makeup bags because of it's flattened shape.
-> The cap locks in nicely and securely, so you don't have to worry about it popping off while in a bag and making a mess.

CONS:
-> Application is difficult with a stippling brush (Maybe because of the bendable minerals), and looks cakey when applied. (But can be fixed with a little bit of setting powder to make it look natural again)
-> Does not cover scars/acne that well (Need concealer over top)
-> It rubs off incredibly easy. (I mean INCREDIBLY easily)
-> Some cream concealers make this foundation look slightly cakey.
-> Product seems to break me out into very minor white-heads (tiny) and small amounts of cystic acne. (But acne nonetheless)

Because this product breaks me out, I'm not entirely sure if I will continue using it. I do love the coverage, and how it makes my face look and feel, but I need a foundation that will stay on my face and won't rub off on clothing or other people. Not sure if I will continue to use it, or repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to get this one, on regards that a blogger suggested that I get classic ivory, since it was yellowed tone. It was pink that looked horrible on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ladies, if you're super-fair & have a heck of a time finding a foundation light enough that also isn't so pink it makes you look like you have Rosacea (e.g., Colorstay in Ivory), please give this one a try. I've never used Cover Girl foundations before in my life and was stunned when I happened across the lightest shade of TruBlend a few days ago: I'm with the previous reviewer who said this is the lightest drugstore foundation shade she's come across. Score! I put a glob of this on my arm to test it out, and it disappeared. That's when I knew I had to get it. I'd say this matches me even better than L'Oréal True Match in W1 - but the finish of that one is a bit shiny for me. For reference, I wear La Roche-Posay Anthélios SPF 30 spray (8 squirts to face alone) under this makeup, and the coverage is sheer and natural. I will most certainly repurchase. Wow, Cover Girl ... who knew?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

This is a decent foundation if you don't need a long of coverage. I mainly brought it because it's shade "1" is the lightest foundation I've seen at the drugstore... and it's MY shade in the winter time.
I mix it up with a bit of moisturizer and sunscreen in the winter and fall to make a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't give a lot of good coverage, but it's enough to cover the slight redness and acne I have.
I would not repurchase mainly due to the fact that it's gone after 6 or 7 hours, or begins to cake around my acne spots. It's a decent foundation, though, and when my acne doesn't clear up I may revert back to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by xxAnjelicaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this on/off in highschool and sometimes still....it's a good foundation, not great or fantastic though. It gives good, even lightweight coverage and for a cheap, oil-based foundation it doesn't cause breakouts, slide off in the heat, or make my face oily so it's good for a daytime foundation. So I think it's great for basic, good coverage as a basic, liquid foundation if your skin doesn't really have blemish issues, and has no special needs, since that's what I got out of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by tamala21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read some of the reviews for this product. I just bought it yesterday and tried it today. It did go on nice. Not to cakey for me actually felt really nice like nothing is there. Seems to have good coverage too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by raquelnicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand how this has good comments! First of all, it made me break out. It makes my face look cakey and it WILL NOT stick on. The shade range is not a lot. It wasn't worth it's price either. I got it for 10 dollars at Rite Aid. I think it should be like 8 or anything. The pump does not work right it gets stuck. I WILL NOT REPURCHACE

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by SuperFineFanny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in my local drugstore and have been using it for a week without incident. Pumps out smoothly, even has a cap that you can close in case you're dragging it around with you. I usually end up using one full pump plus a half pump to finish ears and neck after face. It has nice coverage and goes on extremely smooth on to my oily skin. I've suffered no break outs, washes off easily and stays on for around 6-8 hours. As I do have oily skin, I would call it's coverage Satiny on my face and I do have to apply powder after about 4 hours. The finish is flawless and the color (Ivory) was actually a real Ivory that doesn't seem to be too pink OR too yellow - it's almost neutral in it's Ivoryness (haha) for me. Will definitely buy this product again as it was only $8.50. Good foundations are hard to find!