July 31, 2014 | 1979 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by LittleSovietRobot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this product by mistake (instead of Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash) and it totally destroyed my skin for over a month! Worse yet, it has left me with a patch of flaky, irritated skin above my upper lip which comes (staying on for months) and vanishes at will, two years on.

I'm young and while my skin is very sensitive, it is in excellent condition. I would NOT recommend this product for anyone with youthful or sensitive skin.

This product might be a miracle in a jar for more those who are more mature or have serious flaking issues it's a death sentence for skin that was never in need of extreme measures.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

This product irritated my face. Scrub was very abrasive and when I added activator I didn't feel any warming or foaming as others describe. Yeah face looked a little brighter but I can achieve that with a cheaper product. I guess my expectations were too high but based on the price and exuberant reviews was expecting a Wow! On to Obagi which is supposed to deliver.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: First the sales associate used the crystals to exfoliate (which for once, Philosophy, smells wonderful!) and then she put on the gel to activate the vitamin c. My skin looked smoother and even a bit tighter right afterward.

CONS: They shouldn't call this a peel. It's nothing like one. And it doesn't deliver results like a peel. My large pores were irritated and looked even bigger. The crystals must be too large.

ALTERNATES: I'd just stick with regular exfoliating like St. Ives Microdermabrasion scrub or even better Dermalogica's Daily Resurfacer (doesn't bother my rosacea at all.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I almost finished my first 2oz package, and bought a new set during the FF sale at Sephora - I love this so much, and it's my HG peel for sure!
I know it's not a real "peel", more like an exfoliator (if there is any difference, I'd say exfoliating is manually scrubbing, peels is chemicals).

My skin is always baby soft afterwards, and stays that way for a couple days - I use it twice a week, and my skin glows the day after I've used it :D
I just wish it wasn't so expensive, and that I could buy the step 1 for itself - I'm not sure how much difference the step 2 liquid actually does.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ruby19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great at home peel. The very first day I used this product I notice the difference. My skin feels smooth, soft, it looks brighter and fresh looking. The dark spots look lighter and pores seem smaller. Happy I took the risk with this peel. Little high on the $$$$ part but its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by lamp4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent product. I can't believe how amazing and smooth my face feels after I use this. Feels like baby skin on my face and my pores look a lot smaller and my complexion is less red and more even toned. I'll continue to buy this and I highly recommend that everyone try it out even if you can find a sample pack first in case it doesn't work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by LillMiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this treatment!!! Fun to use, smells great, makes skin feel baby soft and look clean, clear and refreshed. Really enjoy using this product. Very pampering and I enjoy using it. It's like having your own spa at home:) No this set is not cheap, but again, this is your face ladies! You get what you pay for! On my 4th set of this stuff. One of my favorite skin care products:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by floridashoegal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A great product that does exactly what it says it will do -- and we all know that's rare. Thanks to the good MUA reviews, I've made it part of my Sunday afternoon. Also, a big thanks to reviewers for noting that you don't need to overdo it on the scrub step -- if I hadn't read that I no doubt would have.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mcshelley

Not one to write reviews a lot, but just had to put in my 2-cents' worth for this product. I used this last night for the first time and I am sooo impressed. I've recently been on a course of prednisone (for an allergic reaction) and this led to my face breaking out like a teenager (I'm 42!). Add this to the weight gain from the steroids, and you have a serious blow to the old self-esteem.... I've always had problem skin, but this is ridiculous!

Anyway, did my research on MUA and decided to try this kit. After just one use - last night - my acne is less inflamed-looking, dark spots/scars are not as dark, and my pores are not as visible. I know this stuff is pricey, but if it works this well long-term, I'm more than happy to pay the $$$$.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by andthebeautyis

*note: i tried a sample of this product when i purchased the makeup optional kit. price & packaging rating are simply judging from the photo.*

my skin used to be great. the only issue i really had was an uneven skintone, but that was easily fixed by makeup. my pride was in my clear skin. oh, i would get your typical hormonal breakouts, but i only ever really had to deal with 4 blemishes at the most. however, one use of this product gave me a MAJOR breakout (i had 20 blemishes on the right side of my face alone). the worst part is, i'm STILL dealing with it, 6 months after the fact. i can't believe the amount of grief this one product has cost me. i definitely wouldn't use/purchase this EVER, but i can't deny the fact that it works for some people. i would suggest getting a sample first, if they are available.