December 19, 2014 | 1508 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by CathyEarnshaw2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh.....very generic, baby powder scent. Inoffensive but kind of bland. I like it but don't love it. It can be comforting. There is something in the topnotes that I don't care for....cucumber? melon?...but it fades away.

The bottle looks like a duck....horrid!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2009 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Boogerbrat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG, I TOTALLY agree w/ 4mitchell, BELOW..lol, Baby powder with a hint of poo..I tried this a few years back and I just was stunned that I was constantly reminded of diapers when I wore it..My husband loved it, and just wearing it without closer inspection, it was fine, but I kept sniffing my wrists and thinking of diapers..I had a toddler at the time and kept thinking "maybe it's just me"...till I read the review below (thanks for that) I came here looking for a review on the LUXE version, I just purchased it online unsniffed :) I haven't gotten it yet...I am hoping when I recieve it that it has the scent my husband liked (he hates everything) but NONE of that diaper doodyness of the original version !

UPDATE:Just recieved LUXE version in the mail today. IT'S wonderful :) Wish I could describe the scent, its very complex, to me not floral but creamy and deep. It's a VERY SEXY scent. I hope my husband agrees :) It is nothing ALL like the original version IMO. The scent is very intense without being strong or overpowering. Doesn't have that powdery (baby poo) note to it that the original mist had. YAY !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by m4mitchell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this fragrance, but all I get is baby powder and diapers. I can also pick up a hint of wood which must be the sandalwood or cedarwood, but the predominant notes are still baby powder and a whiff of baby poo.

I've tested this in stores several times, and it just doesn't work with my chemistry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

I sprayed this on my wrist today and I'm surprised at how much I like it! The cashemere part reminds me of the warm and fuzzy feeling I get from the scent of warm dryer lint as I'm emptying the trap. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking...but I actually find it to be a nice comforting fragrance. And it's got a light musky note to balance it all out. The only thing I find odd is the packaging....who came up with that shape for the bottle?

UPDATE: Okay, after sniffing this all day as opposed to to a few hours before washing it off my wrist, it starts to be become way too much. I'm fully convinced that this is actually what induced my migraine the other night! Good in small doses, but beyond that...no. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

This one needs the right chemistry to work, and it seems that mine is miles away from it. The opening burnt my nose terribly. Then there was the warmth, but it soon turned into some cloying heat - like suffocating in a cashmere sweater in an overheated room where everybody is about to doze off. The base felt sweaty to me, but I might be imagining that as an extension of the overall feel of this perfume. I usually don't care for the bottles, but this one is truly unsightly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by rrcoolmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well well, this was an innocent test on my skin... from the spritz on paper it had me. Lovely floral with a party kick of warmth. So yes please let's try this on my skin. It turned into alcohol cleaner/ mojito/ dipped in warm oatmeal???? I know this sounds completely crazy but this was not what I smelled on the spritz paper. Sad for me. But it is really nice on the right person. I totally dislike the bottle shape not cute.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually found this wonderful scent in a magazine while sitting on a plane. I love it. Nordstrom has a great gift, which includes the body lotion and wash. So far, this has stayed on and really is a delightful scent, not too overpowering.
Update: I am back to Michael Kohrs. I took this back to Nordstrom, never stayed on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by kysma03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this was a christmas gift from my husband and I like the scent...its just not one of my all time favorites and once this bottle is complete i'm not sure that I'll be a return user. its a lighter scent and smells really good... overall its okay to me, i've had better but i've enjoyed it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product keeps showing up in various forms in my life. I don't care for it. It seems like an old lady scent to me, too powdery. Surprised that it seems so popular. I avoid it at the counters.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by sltj77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an, uh, interesting combination of scents. I can definitely pick out the vanilla, but there is a bit of floral something to this also. The initial smell is quite pungent and the alcohol is very prominent. It later dries down into somewhat of a deodorant-like vanilla/floral on me. It sort of reminds me of J'Adore by Christian Dior, but with vanilla and something else. It also gives me a slightly dry throat from smelling it...so its safe to assume I won't be purchasing this again.