July 30, 2014 | 977 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by rrcoolmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well well, this was an innocent test on my skin... from the spritz on paper it had me. Lovely floral with a party kick of warmth. So yes please let's try this on my skin. It turned into alcohol cleaner/ mojito/ dipped in warm oatmeal???? I know this sounds completely crazy but this was not what I smelled on the spritz paper. Sad for me. But it is really nice on the right person. I totally dislike the bottle shape not cute.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually found this wonderful scent in a magazine while sitting on a plane. I love it. Nordstrom has a great gift, which includes the body lotion and wash. So far, this has stayed on and really is a delightful scent, not too overpowering.
Update: I am back to Michael Kohrs. I took this back to Nordstrom, never stayed on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by kysma03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this was a christmas gift from my husband and I like the scent...its just not one of my all time favorites and once this bottle is complete i'm not sure that I'll be a return user. its a lighter scent and smells really good... overall its okay to me, i've had better but i've enjoyed it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product keeps showing up in various forms in my life. I don't care for it. It seems like an old lady scent to me, too powdery. Surprised that it seems so popular. I avoid it at the counters.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by sltj77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an, uh, interesting combination of scents. I can definitely pick out the vanilla, but there is a bit of floral something to this also. The initial smell is quite pungent and the alcohol is very prominent. It later dries down into somewhat of a deodorant-like vanilla/floral on me. It sort of reminds me of J'Adore by Christian Dior, but with vanilla and something else. It also gives me a slightly dry throat from smelling it...so its safe to assume I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Spikesmom110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what else to say, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this fragrance. I used it exclusively for years, but lately I've been branching out and trying new things. I keep going right back to my Cashmere Mist.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried Cashmere Mist for the first time ever this summer and had to have a bottle. I bought the edt. I was not aware of differences between edt and edp, but I enjoyed the edt all summer, and here it is October and I'm still reaching for it. It's true that it does get stronger after drydown, so you may spray more than you actually want if you're judging by the light, fresh top notes. I don't know how to describe the way it smells. It's soft & powdery, sweet & floral, woodsy & soft-musky on the drydown - but it's all rather vague, too. It's like a wearing a nice dusting powder that you keep getting intermittent whiffs of. I feel about this one the way some people feel about their Jovan White Musk, it's a fresh comfort scent. I agree that the bottle is hideous. I never liked the bottle and THAT is why I was never drawn to it to even take a sniff! Also, the cap doesn't stay firmly on, which is annoying. But apart from that, I love Cashmere Mist, and I'm glad I purchased a full bottle. It could easily become a staple in my fragrance wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After about an 11 year lapse, I've decided that Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist is going to be my fall 2009 fragrance. Back in the 90s, a friend's mother gave me a Cashmere Mist EDT gift set for Christmas. Being a smarmy young lass, I fancied myself far too sophisticated and avant-garde for good old Cashmere Mist. Still, it drove the men crazy and I found myself reaching for the bottle on days when I felt particularly down. I used the bottle up and never thought about it again, until I started using the brilliant Cashmere Mist deodorant a few years back.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, when I replaced my summer deodorant with the CM variety. The smell really started appealing to me, and I pulled out an old sample of the fragrance and wore it again. Just like the boys from days of yore, my boyfriend went wild for the scent. For some reason, he was immune to the deodorant, but loved the fragrance oil. Well, since he insisted, and I needed to use up my VIB discount, I ran down to Sephora and blew $90 on the biggest bottle of the EDP I could find. After reading all of your reviews, I knew that the EDP and the EDT differed significantly, but the store had no EDP tester, and the sales assistants were completely useless. They kept insisting that all EDTs and EDPs were the same scent, differing only in concentration. Yeah, right.

Well, the EDT and the EDP are pretty different, but they're both great in their own way. The EDT is quite powdery and comforting, while the EDP is more bold and luxuriously floral. You can tell they're the same scent, but the EDP is really a heightened version of the heart of Cashmere Mist- it lacks the baby-powder note and really ramps up the bergamot and jasmine. It's especially lovely when layered with the matching body lotion, which is a dead-on match for the EDT.

I've been loving this scent so much that I spray it on after I shower and before I go to bed. The scent lasts for ages on my skin (six hours at least), but I like to refresh throughout the day if I'm at home. Heck, I even sprayed this stuff on my pillows. And my cats. The only downside is the ugly, dated bottle. And since I bought the EDP, I got the even more ugly clear version with the pink breast cancer ribbon emblazoned on the side. Charity or not, that thing is hideous. Still, this fragrance gets five lippies from me, especially for fall and winter.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by kizkad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

well i will be very honest about MY opinion and thoughts on this perfume.... when i first sprayed it the first thing i thought of was, industrial cleaner that has been set alight (!) it smelt horrible and rancid. like burnt cleaning products. i kept sniffing my arm and screwing up my nose, BUT, after half an hour, after that horrible top note starts to fade, my nose was met with something very sweet and comforting, lovely like a warm woolly (or cashmere) jumper, it really has that comforting scent that would be perfect for the winter. i know im being a bit harsh giving only one lippie, but i just cannot forgive that first burst of nastiness. will not buy this perfume BUT i can understand why people love it so much

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by redbeemerbabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this fragrance when it was first released, and I loved it then. It's so powdery and light, but with staying power. A couple of months ago, I sprayed it on again for the first time in a long time, and I discovered my bottle had gone bad. OMG. Needless to say, I had to toss it. Then last week, the new Nordies catalog came, and there was a scent strip with Cashmere Mist. I opened it and left it on my nightstand so I could enjoy the scent. Needless to say, I was reminded of how much I loved it. Of course, I had to get another bottle:-) If you like powdery, light floral scents, you'll probably like Cashmere Mist.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No