Cacharel Amor Amor

3.8

on 4/26/2009 5:34:00 PM

Love this scent. I've had it for years, it was cheaper back in the day, but now that it's discontinued, it's more pricey where ever it's being sold. Even on Ebay.

However, for Amor Amor lovers, you should know that Yves Rocher has a scent that smells exactly like this, called Ode L'amour Passionment (something ile that), and it's cheaper. There are 2 types of O'de L'amour, you have to get the passionment one, in the dark pink bottle, not the light one that's just plain ode 'lamour.

Also Betsey Johnson smells exactly like this as well. Possibly VERY SLIGHTLY less sweet or fruity, but basically exactly the same, and again, it's cheaper. I got a 3.4 oz Bestey off ebay for $17, and the 1.7 oz amor amor is going for $30 to $45.

I've only tried the Betsey Johnson twice, so I'm not 100% sure if it's an exact dupe, or an almost exact dupe, but I'll try it today and see if there's any difference at all.

I heard that Viva La Juicy also smells just like Bestey Johnson, but it's an arm & a leg for Juicy, so I'd stick to one of the cheaper ones.

*Update: okay, *gag* apparently the Betsey is MUCH heavier on the sweetness, and I don't mean soft sweetness, I mean Obsession for women sweet. I mean, you'll gag and get a migraine if you over spray the Betsey. It's basically very much like Amor Amor, but with lots of Obsession for Women thrown in.
I like Amor Amor better.

on 4/26/2009 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing this for like three years. I love it and so does my boyfreind. It is sweet and fresh. i only use one spritz and im good for the day. I love how only the people really close to me can smell it, instead if everyone in a 50 ft. radius smelling me. I only have to buy a bottle every two years.
It smells like sweet flowers, not chemically at all with a little bit of spice.
love this stuff

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I rememeber the first day I smelled this perfume. I was constantly smelling of my wrist the whole day. The smell is addicting. If they sold a candle with this frangrance they would be amazing!
It is hard to find now, but you can still buy it.
It is my all time FAVORITE perfume.
The smell is almost romantic, almost gives you the feeling of being in love.

on 2/17/2009 11:00:00 AM

I've had this one for a couple years now. Still love it. It's sweet and sophisticated.

on 2/6/2009 10:40:00 AM

I find this way too sickly sweet for me. I think it would suit maybe, teenagers?

on 1/27/2009 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this perfume! smells so nice!!

on 1/27/2009 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I guess you really can grow out of a perfume. I loved this a couple of years ago--to me it smelled of a gutsy, passionate and unique affair. I am now near the end of my second bottle and I find that it smells like a cleaning agent and very cheap. I am still giving it a three because I think it still smells kinda nice on paper or in the bottle, perhaps my body chemistry has changed since when I first bought it. But you really must be careful and try this on your own skin numerous times before buying.
I just smelled it again. God, I really hate this fragrance now. Weird.

on 1/25/2009 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so in love with this scent, from the first time it my met my nose in the beauty shop to now, it still makes me incredibly happy to smell. I've went through a 50mL bottle of this and then recieved a 100mL as a christmas present. I have to say I preferred this over anything else. I would recommend smell test if you were to ever come across this. Most people which whom smelt this on me absolutely loved it.

on 12/21/2008 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's lovely, but kinda too sweet. My mother bought it to me as a present, but I am not confortable wearing it. Too girly, too teenager. I prefer more sensual perfumes. Now, ok, I must wear it, so I put on very little amount with a tissue in some part of my body, and that's it. But I wouldn't wear it on a date. It just doesn't fit with my personality. The bottle looks great though, I love the red color, the writing on it, the shape of the bottle, that looks really stylish in your purse.
top notes : Pink grapefruit, blood orange, mandarin, black currant
heart note : Lily-of-the-valley, jasmine, melati blossom
base note : Grey amber, vanilla, white musk, tonka bean
On me, I first get a sparkling black currant and jasmin potion and it finishes into a vanilia and musky love panacea. A bit disapointing you don't smell the citrus notes more. A nice present for a 14-23 yo girl who is really girly and likes fruity scent.

on 12/20/2008 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Sorry, I have to disagree with the majority on this one. The smell is choking & made me gag after spraying it on my wrist, it's definitely not the kind of smell that appeals to me. Maybe more for older people? My mum received it as a gift & disliked it so she gave it to me, then I gave it to someone else! I hope they enjoy it more than I did.

Popular Fragrances