August 22, 2014 | 1041 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by tattedtutie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my gosh, Noxzema!! I absolutely love this stuff and have been using it for years! I'm in love with its fresh, clean, somewhat eucalyptus type scent and the way it feels when it goes on your face. It's so smooth and cool! My skin feels so clean and refreshed after using. I definitely recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by hwangfany

So awesome! I started using this when I was about 12 and I had my first breakout. I was so surprised by the first use because my skin felt so tingly and even after I rinsed it off, my skin was ice cold, super fresh, and my skin felt rejuvenated! I love the matte feeling it leaves on the skin after you wash it off. It's quite strong, so I wouldn't recommend this for people with sensitive skin. I swear by this product! Totally saves my occasional breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by laoisnum1

For me, noticeable acne can be prevented by avoiding soda and a bunch of sugar. However, for the past couple months, I've increased my intake of junk food and the consequence was unsightly acne. Like, I think my recent acne is the worst it has ever been, and part of it is due to acne scars. My older brother, who rarely ever comments on my skin, came up to me a few times within the past few weeks and told me my skin was bad. This was when I knew I had to do something. So I've been drinking plenty of water and using Noxzema regularly. Both my mother and my brother swear by this product for acne. In the past, I've used Noxzema here and there, but I never committed to it. Instead, I've used just about every other drugstore brand, which did little to help. Honestly, I don't understand why I haven't been using Noxzema all along! For the past week and a half, I've been using it every night before I go to bed and the change is definitely noticable. The huge pimples have cleared up and my skin has brightened, lessening the appearance of my acne scars. I still have little pimples and a couple more acne scars to clear up, but I'm certain that Noxzema will do that for me. I've only given it four lippies because I want to wait until my skin is completely back to normal before it gets five lippies. As for preventing new breakouts, I'll rely on my water intake for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by ArtisticEyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was one of my first cleansers at age 13! And I still love the Noxzema brand. It clears my pores, which means they have room to shrink and look human size. This particular version gets gunky and messy, which set off some OCD issues. Nevertheless, my skin fell into a deep love with the stuff, and when I stopped using it for three years, my skin went to hell. Starting up again in hopes of being able to fall back into love.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by margiegarrett

I wanted to like this, I really did. I used to use it as a pre-tee/teen and have so may fond memories. I started using this again a few weeks ago on my clear skin...now I'm breaking out all over.

I changes nothing else in my routine, just switched cleanser to this. It is excellent for shaving legs, though!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by deviationk

I love the smell however for some reason I started to feel it was making my pores look big in the winters.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Suzy12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Both my mother and grandmother used this as do I. It just works. It has not been around for so long for nothing. I think it's a great cleansers for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sarahthebear94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MY SEARCH IS OVER. I hesitated writing this sooner -although I absolutely wanted to start raving all about it right away. I have been using this as my daily cleanser (I only cleanse once a day, at night) and my skin is perfect. No seriously. I don't know if I just hit the nail on the head with picking this product but my skin can not get enough. I used to use Murad's acne cleanser and it didn't work nearly as wonderfully as Noxzema and it is 43 dollars!
I realized the first time I used it that this cleanser was for me. It doesn't burn my face when I put it on like others have mentioned, but then again my face really isn't very sensitive. I also don't really notice the tingle that others also mention or that the brand claims. I do notice a cooling feeling from the moment I slather it on my face however. I think that this product wouldn't suit most dry skin types as it does seem to make my used to be a little oily skin completely matte but fortunately for me it doesn't make my skin dry. I still do get pimples sometimes, but this quickly dries them out.

I really recommend trying this product out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this in combination with Pro Activ and prescription products such as Differin for more than 10 years to keep cystic acne in check. (Yes, unfortunately it IS possibly to have wrinkles AND acne at the same time....) I alternate this cleanser with the acne one to prevent my skin from getting too dry from the treatments. I now never get more than the occasional flare up when I try a new makeup product that does not agree with my skin.

It's dirt cheap. It's been around forever. It's worth a try if you are looking for a cleanser.

1/14/14 Update: I have now been using this exclusively for a few months due to my skin becoming drier. Still no breakouts from this and it does not cause the flakies around my nose and mouth that acne cleansers in general have been for me lately. It removes my makeup better than most cleansers (I have never used a separate makeup remover) and doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Smont

I like this product a lot! It does burn a little bit when you put it on your face but it is a good - cleaning burn. It makes my skin feel incredibly smooth and wonderful afterwards. It is very inexpensive and I love the texture of it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No