July 29, 2014 | 952 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by margiegarrett

I wanted to like this, I really did. I used to use it as a pre-tee/teen and have so may fond memories. I started using this again a few weeks ago on my clear skin...now I'm breaking out all over.

I changes nothing else in my routine, just switched cleanser to this. It is excellent for shaving legs, though!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by deviationk

I love the smell however for some reason I started to feel it was making my pores look big in the winters.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Suzy12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Both my mother and grandmother used this as do I. It just works. It has not been around for so long for nothing. I think it's a great cleansers for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sarahthebear94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MY SEARCH IS OVER. I hesitated writing this sooner -although I absolutely wanted to start raving all about it right away. I have been using this as my daily cleanser (I only cleanse once a day, at night) and my skin is perfect. No seriously. I don't know if I just hit the nail on the head with picking this product but my skin can not get enough. I used to use Murad's acne cleanser and it didn't work nearly as wonderfully as Noxzema and it is 43 dollars!
I realized the first time I used it that this cleanser was for me. It doesn't burn my face when I put it on like others have mentioned, but then again my face really isn't very sensitive. I also don't really notice the tingle that others also mention or that the brand claims. I do notice a cooling feeling from the moment I slather it on my face however. I think that this product wouldn't suit most dry skin types as it does seem to make my used to be a little oily skin completely matte but fortunately for me it doesn't make my skin dry. I still do get pimples sometimes, but this quickly dries them out.

I really recommend trying this product out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this in combination with Pro Activ and prescription products such as Differin for more than 10 years to keep cystic acne in check. (Yes, unfortunately it IS possibly to have wrinkles AND acne at the same time....) I alternate this cleanser with the acne one to prevent my skin from getting too dry from the treatments. I now never get more than the occasional flare up when I try a new makeup product that does not agree with my skin.

It's dirt cheap. It's been around forever. It's worth a try if you are looking for a cleanser.

1/14/14 Update: I have now been using this exclusively for a few months due to my skin becoming drier. Still no breakouts from this and it does not cause the flakies around my nose and mouth that acne cleansers in general have been for me lately. It removes my makeup better than most cleansers (I have never used a separate makeup remover) and doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Smont

I like this product a lot! It does burn a little bit when you put it on your face but it is a good - cleaning burn. It makes my skin feel incredibly smooth and wonderful afterwards. It is very inexpensive and I love the texture of it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by bebedejuin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have started wearing Revlon Colorstay foundation and my research revealed one needs an oil based cleanser to fully remove long-wearing makeup. I came close to trying the OCM but backed out after reading breakout horror stories. The same applied for Ponds cold cream. Noxzema seemed to have the most consistent positive reviews so here I am. This stuff makes washing my face so FUN! I thoroughly enjoy feeling the cream melt into my skin. I rub it in as directed and either let it sit a few minutes like a mask or go ahead and tissue it off, checking the tissue for signs that it's removing my foundation. Then I dampen a washcloth and lightly exfoliate then rinse. I have been using it for a week and already see a marked decrease in the number of blackheads on my face. The formula IS a little drying to my t-zone but I use my new Lancome Tonique Douceur toner and it smoothes everything out. One of my friends even told me my skin looks exceptionally smooth now! She's a beauty buff so that was high praise! Also I have mild psoriasis on my forehead and Noxzema does not irritate it.

Edit 1/12/14: taking this down to 2 lippies because I ended up developing breakouts from this as it was really just too harsh on my skin. I realized cleansing oils are much better for me. Also, not a fan of tub packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by starlamelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Noxema should be awful, should irrtate, should flat out suck. But it doesnt. My skin is sensitve, and I really have a tough time with alot of products. Noxema is one that doesnt bug my skin. The texture of it is unique and the smell is distinctive.

I use it like a cold cream and tissue it off sometimes, and I use it like a cleanser and wash it off sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by pwncahontas

why did i stop using this stuff? was using purity by philosophy but that's expensive, wanted to try something different and saw the familiar package and was like, omg noxema! so i bought it and wow my face feels clean! my skin can be sensitive but not with this stuff. i love the familiar tingle and smell, makes me feel like i'm a teen again lol. i use this and finish it with some nivea and my skin feels amazing

AND i got my fiance using this and he has a problem with large pores that are hard to clean but for the first time ever, his face is soft and no gunk in his pores, hope they shrink in time now that his skin can breathe

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by kabanger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the price, you get a ton of product. It really is cleansing and you only need a little bit, but even the one for dry skin is a bit drying. That's probably the only bad part and the smell is pretty strong. Other than that I would say its a good buy. I usually have to use a moisturizer afterwards because it makes my skin tight. It really does work well if you've got acne to dry it up quick.