Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Linalool, Chlorhexidene Dhydrochloride, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Oleth-10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, Lecithin, Geraniol, Phosphoric Acid, Macadamia Ternifolia/Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Candellia Cera/Candella Wax, Phenoxethanol, Ethylparaben

on 6/22/2008 12:50:00 PM

I love this, it's really condition my hair well and I can feel the result after washing it. It smell good too!

The only thing I don't like is that, it's in a tube. I hate it, not economical at all...

on 6/11/2008 5:42:00 PM

Disappointed with this product. For a smoothing product it seems to do the opposite. I was impressed the first few times I tried it so I went ought and bought a big tube of it. I think this stuff causes buildup because every time I used it after that (1-2 times a week as a mask) it weighed down my hair and made it less manageable. My hair was more flyaway and frizzy than with a regular conditioner. I've since stopped and am sticking to leave-in conditioner that easily does what this stuff only claims to do...

on 6/7/2008 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because the saleslady at the beauty supplies store told me this was even thicker than all soft heavy cream and would do even more for my ultra-damaged dyed/highlighted/permed/fried/cruncy hair. Since i had such great results from the heavy cream, i decided to try this out and was hoping that it would give even better results. However, this product was just "eh." The consistency was actually more watery than heavy cream and it seemed to coat my hair rather than absorbe into it. It didn't leave it as soft as all soft heavy cream did. I don't think i'll be buying this again.

on 4/24/2008 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I've tried a lot of deep conditioners but this by far is the best for my hair. I have color treated hair, which I wash and flat iron daily. I use this about once a week, and especially after I use a clarifying shampoo. I don't need alot even though I have long, thick hair. This will always be one of my hair care staples.

on 4/6/2008 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm so glad I gave it a try. It's so good to my brittle, damaged hair. My hair gets soft, smooth, very shiny and no frizz!!! My new HG )))

on 4/4/2008 10:52:00 PM

This is the ideal deep conditioner on dry, brittle hair! I have very curly, color treated, frizzy hair and right now I am still going through regrowth in terms of growing out a relaxer- and this really works on my hair! I can even feel how moisturized and satiny my hair is while this on, and it makes the hair easier to comb through and even adds some shine! It may weigh down the hair if your hair is not really tight and curly like me, but otherwise this is easily one of the best deep conditioners I have ever used.

on 2/29/2008 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this after running out of my Smooth Down Detangling Cream (which is EXCELLENT). I was a bit worried it was too rich, and too heavy for my hair as a leave-in. But I was wrong! I use only a small amount (smaller than the size of a dime), because I have verrrrrry fine hair. I then wrap my hair in a towel, and let the towel absorb off a little of the product for a few minutes. When I blow dry, I can easy get my fingers through my hair for styling. This is easily as good as Smooth Down Detangling Cream for me, only I can use less product to get very similar results. It does not weigh down my hair at all, and really gives it a beautiful softness. So don't be afraid to try it if you have hair like mine. Just be careful not to use too much, as this is a very rich product. Smells nice, too:)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I had long hair this was a total must. It worked wonderful to untangle and really "repair" my hair. Used the week before my wedding and absolutely had great hair (maybe that was the work of my stylist?) I love this, pricey, but if you can get into a great makeup/hair convention Redken always has great deals. I went and they were giving them away at $5 a pop. Looking for repair and softness, definitely a must have.

on 1/29/2008 7:03:00 PM

Pretty good product though a bit on the pricey side in stores. I bought some on a discount online site recently and think it is a really good product, though would not pay full price. I have very thick, curly hair which drys out easily and this product makes it feel very soft and manageable afterwards.

on 12/27/2007 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My sister uses this, and she has gorgeous hair. She flat irons it everyday too and it looks like she doesnt do anything bad to it cause its so healthy. Im gonna have to get me some.