September 30, 2014 | 2049 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by lirial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As an everyday moisturizing lotion, I like this product and its light, clean fragrance. It does smell different than the Amazing Grace EDP or cologne spray, but it matches well with them and has decent staying power when layered. This is marketed as a firming product, but after 6+ months of use, I can say it's really just a body lotion. I'll buy again when I see bonuses or discounts, but I think it's over priced at full retail. When purchased directly from Philosophy, there are two options:16oz for $34 and 24oz for $41.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this scent OK. The lotion is OK. Am I the only person who thinks Amazing Grace has a "bleachy" smell? I am not saying that it's bad; I just instantly think of bleach everytime I use this. But, I like it ok.. I just don't think AG is a "perfumey" smell - and my hubby, who never ever comments on anything that I wear - good or bad - says that I smell terrible every time I wear this. Overall, I really think Philosophy is wayyyyyy overrated and way too expensive for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

everytime I wear this people tell me I smell good. my mom said I smelled fresh and clean :) and my boyfriend said I "smelled nice" which, from him, is great - he's usually allergic to any perfumes or scented lotions I wear (he said chanel no 5 smelled like bug spray, D&G Light blue makes him sneeze, and my secret platinum kukui coco butter deodorant makes his eyes water), this is the only thing I love that I can wear around him. The scent lasts all day if I use this on my arms and chest. its in no way "firming" who knows why they put that in the name. not an amazing moisturizer (cant hold a candle to aveeno) but its good. I mostly wear it for the scent. Musks usually smell terrible on me, but the musk in this agrees with my chemistry.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by azmomma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the scent of Amazing Grace and I have found that the body lotion is the best way to make the scent last all day. Unfortunately, I don't plan on buying this lotion again. It feels greasy, doesn't sink into the skin quickly, and isn't particularly moisturizing. My dry skin needs a richer formula. Also, I found that after using this product I got little red bumps on my legs, chest and shoulders so I must be sensitive to an ingredient in this lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 9:59:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love to use it after the Amazing Grace shower gel and before the cologne spray. In fact, I've snagged two 32 oz bottles now because I use it every day. Let me tell you what it WON'T do: it's not gonna firm you up. While my skin does feel a tad bit that way after use, it's probably due to the formula more than how it reacts on my skin. It's not a thick cream but it's not a runny, thin lotion either. It has nice "slip", period. You could immerse yourself in a giant tub of this stuff and not firm an inch so don't expect results there. It's NOT going to cheer you up if you bother to read the drivel on the packaging. In fact, I read it once, remember something about sagging breasts, and quickly turned the bottle around so I didn't have to look at the whiny tome that Christina Carlito put on this bottle.

What it WILL do is scent you nicely with Amazing Grace, provide decent moisturization, and serve as a great layer for other scents you may want to apply.

HG for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by culebra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product after a bath. the emulsion makes the Amazing Grace lovely scent last even longer after using the bath and body gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 8:56:00 PM More reviews by vcanady

I got the 32 oz. size of this from QVC and I am in loooveee!!! This is just the most AMAZING scent ever [excuse the pun], I am seriously addicted, I spend the whole day sniffing my arm like an idiot when I wear it! And it is soo moisturizing and leaves my skin so smooth. I am just in love! If you love Amazing Grace and need a good moisturizer, I highly recommend this stuff!

EDIT: I have been using this stuff for a few days and I have noticed that the dry, red bumps on the backs of my arms that many women suffer with, are getting so much better!! I can't believe it but I am so happy!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by joann287

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Again, Philosophy has brilliant marketing, saying their stuff is sooooo great; news flash, it's not, it's all marketing. NOT WORTH THE $$$ This product is particularly unimpressive. Buy BBW, or any drugstore brand, it will be just as good, if not better, for a fraction of the cost. Also, has anyone read the label, that long rambling thing--geez it's depressing and full of lies. It claims that this moisturizer can stop sagging on your body---yeah and elephants fly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:52:00 PM More reviews by cassandrajane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried some of this that was part of a set I got (just a small bottle), I didnt think it would be moisturizing enough for my dry skin, but it actually was! Made my skin soft and supple, and I love the amazing grace scent. Its very refreshing. I just wish they would formulate it without parabens (I try to avoid that preservative, especially on products I use all over my body).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by jrg72285

I love the scent. It's a little, I think milkier, than the perfume. As a lotion it's fantastic. It's not at all greasy, but keeps me moisturized longer than any other lotion I've used. I'll put this on one day after a shower, and I'll still be perfectly moisturized after my NEXT shower. There are only two things about this I don't like, the price, and the non-evironmentally friendly ingredients.