April 17, 2014 | 1711 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by nxdfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ladies, THIS WORKS! I wear heavy makeup for work, and this cream really cuts through it and does the job! it even takes off eye makeup and doesn't sting my eyes. It takes a bit of scrubbing at your eyes with a washcloth though! I use an astringent after and have no problems with breakouts. I gave it a 4 because I have to really work to get my eyeliner off, and that I wish it came in a pump, not a jar. The price though, ($3.50 @ dollar general) is worth a little work! I will use until it is taken off the shelves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream isn't vegan but it is vegetarian. It's basically a generous tub of good old fashioned cold cream. I use it as a morning cleanser since I oil cleanse during the night. While some may complain that cold cream leaves a film, I love how soft my skin feels afterward.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by purplerain400

I use this to remove my eye makeup, and it works great. I wouldn't dare using this as a moisturizer since i have acne-prone skin and it leaves my eye are feeling so greasy I'd be scared it would break me out. But as a makeup remover it works wonderfully and you cant beat the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by xenakkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think my g-ma used this...so of course my mom has one in her bathroom too! I used some of my mom's the other day and holy wow was my face greasy. I rinsed for like 10 mins. and there was still a sheen to my face. I don't need it at a moisturizer. I'm just not crazy about the film it leaves on my skin after letting it soak it...(even after I rinsed my face really well) it just was too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by AnonymousOneThree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Someone else hit the nail on the head when they called this product "old school". I bought this at Bi-Mart (another old school place I love looking around with all the elderly people giving me advice on what laundry detergents to avoid) for $3.97, I think.

It does remove your makeup. I don't mind spending money on quality things that will last, but I have always had a hard time spending $7 on a package of makeup remover wipes that will last maybe two weeks. That, to me, is a waste of money. Besides, I hate the smell of most of them, and the only ones I would use are MAC, which are an even bigger rip-off.

This cream is super thick, almost like it's whipped. You don't need that much, and it does come in a giant tub which will probably last me at least 4 months, if not 6. It smells perfume-y, but nothing I can't tolerate. It has not broken me out. I'm not sure that I love the residue it leaves on my face after I use it (which is why I gave it 4 lipsticks), but the times when I have only used it to remove makeup and went to bed without washing my face, I was not broken out in the morning, nor was I super greasy. 9 times out of 10, if I go to the trouble of removing my makeup at night (I know, bad) I will go ahead and wash my face with Cetaphil as well, so that's not really an issue for me.

I have not used this specifically as a facial moisturizer, simply because I have an oily t-zone and I don't need this level of moisture. I do get dry patches and we have hard water, so after I use Shiseido and Neutrogena Tone Correcting (just started using it) I dab some Vitamin E cream (Colonial Dames, which I also bought at Bi-Mart on sale for around $5.50 and I'm sad to say isn't listed under the brand name on MUA - otherwise I'd give it a 5 lip rating) around my mouth, temples, and between my brows. I also use it on my lips, and it works a hundred times better than any lip product (I've tried sooo many - Korres, Yes to Carrots, Chapstick, Carmex, etc).

So all in all, if you're looking for a well-priced alternative to those makeup remover wipes, this is a great one.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by marildu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This completely broke me out. I also didn't like the way it felt on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Sherri76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hope Jergens does not stop making it! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first ingredient is mineral oil so that should tell you something....Jergens All Purpose Face Cream is very - let me repeat - VERY moisturizing. It is worth noting that this comes in a 15 oz. jar - so practically a life time supply if you use it only for your face.

I got this at Wal-mart and was excited to try it out since my skin has been dehydrated lately, and I have hard water to boot so by the time I have patted dry my skin is begging for moisture. I put this one before bed, a little goes a super long way. This practically glides across the skin. It took a long time to absorb so I would not recommend for day time use. When I woke up my skin was smooth, hydrated and felt soft.

I haven't used this to remove makeup yet but I will try it since I use Revlon CS primarily and it has a tendency to leave traces of makeup behind. I imagine it will work well - like I said it is super slippery and a little goes a long way.

All in all, I would repurchase again, but I won't use this very often. I would personally only recommend this as a moisturizer for super dry skin, anything less than that and you probably won't like the way your skin feels. I had to fight the urge to tissue off what didn't absorb:(

Five lippies for an inexpensive, super cream that will hydrate the driest of skins:)

UPDATE: I have been slathering this on at night and waking up to baby soft skin. My medication is drying my skin out and I have been drinking water non stop nothing else was helping but THIS made all the difference in the world. Very pleased with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sugarcookielady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, so I have been using this for several years and can say that it is the best thing in my medicine cabinet. I love everything about it: the old school smell, the creamy pink color, the way it takes off every trace of makeup and leaves my skin dewy and soft. It costs about $2.88 at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by dorkspork

This product is simple, and amazing. It's SIMPLY AMAZING! It's packaging can improve, but it's been around so long, so I guess that's okay. Sure, you look greasy with it, but I sleep with it in on, so I don't care, haha! If you just leave it on at night, you won't regret it. I go through phases where my undereye area gets all wrinkly and loose (disgusting, I know), and a few nights with this baby, and all the winkles are GONE ! (: Def. buying this, whenever I run out. It's so HUGE! It'll last you months, depending on how much you use. GET THIS. Don't buy expensive brands, just get this. Your wallet will thank you. :D