April 17, 2014 | 1889 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Cinnamon Buns 3-in-1

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by killerjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It smells really good - best cinnamon bun scent ever.

The smell doesn't stay on me (unfortunately) and I've used this in my hair and as body wash. It's ok, I'm not a huge fan of moisturizing washes because they make me feel greasy (I like that tight feeling of too-dry skin, go fig).

Also, the recipe on the package is missing yeast (maybe they've fixed it?).

It smelled good enough for me to use the bottle to the end as I spent a summer attempting to bake the perfect cinnamon buns.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 5:32:00 AM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product from this line! I am not always a fan of her products (like the gingerbread man and the peppermint) but this is the real deal. It smells identical to a real sticky bun- think warm buns coming out of the oven with cinnamon and thick frosting- soooooo yummy! I never use their 3-in-1s as shampoos because that is what shampoo is for, but I just love this as a body wash, bubble bath and even shaving cream. I will definitely repurchase this, and anyone who loves cinnammon buns- I highly recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by rosie32282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the very first 3 in 1 I have ever used from Philosophy. I am on a fixed income so these rare splurges on shower gel are a real treat for me. Thhe scent smelled delicious out of the bottle; just like an actual cinnamon bun, Seriously, I could smell the sugar, cinnamon, butter, and even cream icing. I was a little let down when the scent became less foody and more of a spicy perfume scent in the shower. It was very uplifting, just not what I expected. It made lots of great suds and was an awesome shower gel. As a shampoo it left my hair a little flat and did not do well as a bubble bath. I may buy this again next winter but I want to try other scents, maybe one more foody.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by styrch

I purchased Cinnamon Buns in the 2007 Baked Goods set with Red Velvet cake. I've tried two other 3 in 1s, so I do not have a lot of basis for comparison. But this was my impression:
Scent: Sugary cinnamon! It's wonderful. This scent would be a great scent in the morning or at night. I take my showers at night and I find it to be the perfect end to a day. At first I thought the cinnamon was too over powering but having used this for a few weeks I find myself very addicted to it. Compared to Red Velvet Cake, I find the scent to last a little longer but I do not think it lasts as long as Waffle Cone.
Performance: I was much happier with the performance of this 3 in 1 than my Red Velvet Cake. I use it on my skin and on my hair and I love it. I do have to use a conditioner after use as a shampoo but I don't mind. My husband (who is allergic to everything) claims this one broke him out but I haven't had any problems with it. I love it!
Bottom Line: If you are thinking about trying a 3 in 1 this is a nice one to try. It makes a great gift too. It is perfect for colder weather. I don't think you'll regret a purchase. If you find it too strong, give it a week or so. I think you'll end up just as addicted to this as I am.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by PeeWeeScaresMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the four ounce size, and I will possibly buy a full size if I can get it at a good price. I would never attempt to use this in my hair, but it is a great body wash and I have used it when shaving a couple of times with good results. The scent is a little more on the gingerbread side, but is still pleasant; however, the main problem with this product is that it doesn't last even one minute on my skin when I get out of the bathtub. I don't expect a body wash's scent to last for a long time, but at least 15 minutes would be nice. Still, the lather is nice, it smells good while I am using it, and it doesn't leave my skin dry and itchy like other products. I really want to try this in lotion form, because I would love it if I could get this scent to last longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was given this gel as a present and was so pleased when I received it as I had been wanting to try it for ages! As the name suggests, it captures the scent of cinnamon buns perfectly, so is lovely to use in the bath or shower. It gives a really nice creamy lather and a little goes a long way. It also feels quite moisturising and my skin doesn't feel tight afterwards. As other reviews have said, the scent doesn't linger on your skin at all, and I was a bit disappointed with this. It does leave your skin smelling generally fresh and clean though. Although it was lovely to receive this as a gift, I personally wouldn't repurhcase it, just because it is so expensive and doesn't give me anything that a cheaper gel couldn't. As for the gorgeous scent, the Fresh Baked gel in Cinnamon Roll is very similar (but waaay cheaper), so makes a good substitute for people on a budget like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by vcanady

Yummmmmm. This stuff smells so much like cinnamon buns that I have to be careful not to eat it. It is so delicious smelling and is so wonderful in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Smells amazing; not exactly like cinnamon buns, more like gingerbread (to me anyway). Unfortunately I find the Cdn price outrageous compared to the US price. But being the sucker that I am I still purchase it again and again. *sigh*

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by silentkite

This smells divine. From the first time I tested it, I was in love. It reminds me of cinnamon swirl biscuits. I find the smell is a little different while I'm using it, slightly more spicey and perfumey than the food smell when you sniff it in the bottle.

I find the smell to be quite strong, to the point where some could find it overpowering. The whole bathroom smells while I'm showering, but the smell does not linger on your skin. I see that as a good and bad thing- I'd love to smell it all day, but I'm glad it isn't another smell to clash with perfume and body lotion.

I've only used this as a shower gel, as I'm wary of putting any multi use product in my hair. I only bought it to use it as a shower gel, however.

The gel is thick and creamy, and doesn't dry out my skin. My skin can get quite dry, but I don't feel the need to run and put on moisturiser after using this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smells sooooo good. i go into another world when i smell this lol Its good for shampoo and a body wash but not conditioner because it does not make your hair soft. Sorry but i could not give it 5 lippies because as soon as i get out the shower, the scent just seems to fade away completey. :(