Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

sweet almond oil, aqua, beeswax, kaolin, stearic acid, parfum, grapefruit fruit extract, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, carrageenan extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, sodium borate, glucose, sodium chloride, sodium benzoate, vegetable oil, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, citral, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, limonene, linalool.

on 2/24/2008 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a big fan of this, though I like many other products from Burt's Bees. First of all, this doesn't have any banana in it. Why they chose the scent without the ingredient is beyond me. Second of all, it is a little too greasy for me. Third of all, it smells like the banana runts candy. For a company that prides itself on being natural, I don't know why they gave it a name and a scent that has nothing to do with the product. The ingredients list offers other scent alternatives.

on 2/11/2008 4:58:00 PM

This is a very thick, rich cream which initially feels greasy, but then sinks in after a few minutes. This is type of cream you would use in the middle of winter when your hands are so dry you don't care about the greasiness, you just want relief. It smells strongly of bananas, which I don't really like, but I don't hate it, either. Though it's not intended for this, I also use some around my eyes when the skin gets very dry & it does help a little. Might buy again.

on 1/4/2008 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nasty!

on 12/25/2007 1:36:00 PM

I love so many of the BB's products that it comes as a shock that this one came up such a goose egg for me. I don't mind that it's thick and initially greasy, but how did this manage to make my hands feel drier after it sunk in? Just strange. Even using the cotton gloves overnight didn't alter the end result. I'm at a loss for what ingredient in this is not meshing with my chemistry.

I use this as more of a night treatment and for whenever my hands are freakishly dry, rather than like a frequent use kinda hand lotion. Aside from its delicious banana scent, I love that it makes my usually dry hands so ridiculously soft. It is pretty greasy but that doesnt bother me seeing as how that is what is making my hands the softest and smoothest they have ever been. I have never been so hangnail-free!

This product is great for its cheap price! I got a jar for $4! I suspect that it may have been priced wrong! I was on vacation and had forgotten my usual hand lotion so I just wanted something cheap that wouldnt break my heart to throw in the garbage if I hated it! I really love the scent, its a nice bananaish(new word i just concocted!)smell, however the thick waxy feeling it leaves on your hands isnt the nicest but its soo worth it when it seaps in! I apply this mainly at night when I'm going to bed as If I wore it during the day, I found it a bit greasy for everyday chores! It gets all over everything! On the bright side It leaves your hands super soft..You also get a lot of product for the price as you dont need much to cover all of your hands next on my list of hand creams L'Occitane shea butter hand creme I'll let you guys know how I like it!

on 12/10/2007 6:21:00 PM

I did not like this at all. I could not stand the scent, and I had to wash it off promptly after applying it. It was way too thick and greasy for a hand lotion too. Also, I am not a fan of jar hand lotions - it just seems too unsanitary. I could not recommend this to anyone.

on 12/1/2007 10:52:00 PM

I do adore the scent, but am not in love with it as a hand creme. Nothing bad about it, it just doesnt measure up to other moisturizing hand cremes. It does seem to take alot of product to cover your hands. The saying "Alittle goes along ways" does not apply to this product.

on 11/19/2007 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

My hands are constantly dry because I have this Lady Macbeth thing going on about washing them a lot so I use a lot of hand creams. I absolutely love the scent of this one, L O V E. However, as others have said it is a little greasy, even on my cactus-hands, so I can see how it would be better used with cotton gloves worn overnight. But since I don't go that route, I simply use a tiny bit and massage it in well (works great for cuticles, too). The jar is cute and because so little of this cream goes such a long way, I can't see myself using it up anytime soon, but I would repurchase if I ever do because it works really well. And the scent! Mmmm. Did I mention that already?

on 11/19/2007 3:36:00 PM

Great smell, but it doesn't seem to absorb into your skin as much as I'd like a hand lotion too. Too greasy. I love the jar though, great for keeping on your desk at work.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products