Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

on 5/25/2007 3:14:00 PM

I contemplated this for like, 3 years. On-and-off I kept looking at this while shopping at Whole Foods, thinking I should try it. It was only until I was completely fed-up with the chemicals in most skincare products that I bought it. And I'm really glad I did. It smells lovely, natural - like all Dr. H products. But the bronze glow is so completely natural and beautiful that I can't believe I ever used anything else. I'm very fair, but this is buildable color and you can't go wrong if you blend quickly. You can mix this with sunscreen or moisturizer, too. I love the minerals in this - it's healthy for your skin as opposed to chemical bronzers. The color stays until you wash it off. You can even sleep with this on and not feel bad - like sometimes when you just want to wash your face after work and throw this on for a little color - then not have to rewash. After I decided not to put chemicals on my body via skincare - I saw an immediate change, and this bronzer helped as well.

on 5/17/2007 12:33:00 PM

I would buy this again if I ever need to - you get so much! I love it because it's a natural looking color, very sheer and buildable. Love the pump bottle but be careful to only squirt it part way or you'll have way too much. Great for a dewy bronze look instead of powders, and it stays put.

on 5/12/2007 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

OOOOh forgot about this product, I used to love it and then stopped using it (so no reason really) MUA made me remember it again - I'm off to Sephora to buy a bottle again. Great stuff, gives a no make-up glow and makes you feel like you are doing something good for your skin, b/c it's all natural etc.

on 4/29/2007 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this bronzer. HG status! Before applying my makeup, I spread this on my cheek bones, forehead, eyelids and nose and I absolutely glow. It looks very natural, especially compared to powder bronzers. Best bronzer I have ever tried! Update: I just ran out of my beloved bronzer (right before the expiration date!) and I am heading to the store tomorrow to buy my second bottle. By the way, don't let the price throw you off- I used mine religiously for a whole year!

on 4/27/2007 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The colour of the product looks a bit scary when you first use it, but it does blend with my skin and it does make your skin look natural afterwards. If you'd like to have a natural tan but don't want to sit under the sun, then this is the product for you. It does not dry out your skin and it is much better than any other self-tanning products.

on 4/24/2007 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm pleasantly surprised by this product. I am Black American and I was very skeptical that something like this could work for me, but it did! There's no real tanning effect for me (I don't need it) but it does even out my medium brown complexion for a nice toned look. This is an awesome product.

on 3/21/2007 2:40:00 PM

It's a definate repurchase, and I second the review below. I finally found something I can mix with my moisturizers instead of having to choose between a foundation that clogs my pores and finally melts down my face or a moisturizer that reveals everything I like to hide. (combining the two always leads to major greasiness) This for daytime year around with a little mineral powder on top, and my Chanel Bronze Universel for summernights with a tan and I'm really satisified with how my skin appears day or nigh/summer or winter. I recommend this product to everyone with dry to oily skin. Thank you Dr. Hauschka!

on 3/21/2007 7:06:00 AM

It is such a beautiful product and the results are fabulous.

I used to mix two foundations to achieve the summer shade i desire. Dr. Hauschka's Translucent Bronze Concentrate is truly a god sent. A drop is all it takes to transform a winter shade. It's ability to even out the complexion with such translucent, low coverage, is amazing. Beach bunnies who wish to look their best minus the full coverage will adore it in their good old moisturiser or sun block.

The colour is great. The science that gives you the gift of truly healthy looking complexion is better. You will love the flexiblity of this product - you control the shade.

A wonderful, calming scent that envelopes the senses - the newest addition to your daily ritual will be a joyous one!

NOTE: (1) Only mix products for immediate use (2) If you find that it is not as pigmented as you'd like, try mixing it alone with a colourless sublock, i found this method to be more effective than mixing it with a lighter foundation.

continued >>

on 2/15/2007 10:54:00 PM

This is one of those quiet sneaking HG's that just slides right in and becomes essential. I wear sunscreen everyday, and mix in two pumps of Dr. H's bronze concentrate and I get an awesome glow. It isn't a tropical summer tan, but on my light MMM skin it's a healthy bronzed look, with no shimmer or orange at all. I've been using it a while, and have had no breakouts or clogged pores from it so that's a huge plus.
Scented like most of Dr. H products, sort of herby/flowery but doesn't bother my skin at all and I have super sensitive skin.
It's definitely expensive initially, but considering how you only need a small amount it will last a long time.
I'm the master of finding drugstore dupes; this is just one of the things I haven't been able to dupe, but I love it and will repurchase forever.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product because I am very fair and like to have a tan look, but sometimes I don't have time to apply facial self tanner at night. I bought this stuff and don't get me wrong, it does its job fine, but I just think for over $30 it's a tad pricey for the size you get. It's a liquid texture and a bit runny in my opinion, so if I have the money I'd repurchase, but I'm still on the look for something else.

Popular Bronzers