November 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Not Just Nudes

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by iluvMUA

I bought this back in either 2000 or 2001 and I will not be buying again. Horrible product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by blueeyeddevil128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like using these as bases for other eyeshadows. I usually use Too Faced Shadow Insurance and then Revlon creme shadow and then a quality eyeshadow on top. I do like the second color from the left. I have worn it by itself with the primer underneath and a matte neutral eyeshadow in the crease.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by angelbuilinh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the first revlon creme shadow i have purchased. The colors are quite pretty. But i you have to apply quite a bit. Overall i like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jostoli7

First cream shadows for me, and I do tend to a no/natural m/u look for daytime.. heavier at night.. I like this, and can see myself using it daily. It's very natural and for someone like me that tends to dry skin, & since I'm heading into late my late 30's.. not always smooth lids. If you have oily lids, I wouldn't bother the creasing would be a pain. You cannot apply this even moderately heavy w/o base & powder unless you like a crease, but for a light wash that gives you a nice misty-eye sheen it's great. I love using the dark color as a smudged liner, you can get a natural sultry smoky look with the other colors together. With primer & powder on me the creasing is minimal with a touch up once in a while, the payoff is good. I apply it with fingertips for day wear, and fingers/brush for defining at night. Easy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by lilyofavalon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

***Please click "Continued" for pictures!*** Of all of the illuminance quads, I love this one the most. The colors consist of:

-A light matte cream that's perfect for highlighting
-A shimmery brown-taupe that reminds me of MAC's Satin Taupe, and is great for everyday wear all by itself
-A matte shade of terra-cotta, and
-A rich shimmery chocolate brown that's great for augmenting or creating a smoky eye.

The colors are great by themselves if you are interested in branching out from powder eyeshadow. However, they also make a wonderful secondary "base" after primers like TFSI and UDPP. The additional color enhances the vibrance of the final look, and can also lend additional "stick." This method is employed in many YT tutorials like those of michellephan and xteeener. I think the staying power on this is quite good, though if you struggle with creasing and fading you might want to try a layer of powder between your primer and these creme shadows. I absolutely love all of the colors.

I also love the chic black palette with small clear plastic circles so you can see the shades - much better than the new packaging I am starting to see pop up in the stores, which have a lid that is completely clear. These seem more sturdy to me. Give this a try, especially if you can find a Revlon BOGO free sale!

The closed compact so you can see the packaging.

The open compact, to show you the colors. The second-to-the-left and the one on the far right are shimmery.

The colors, swatched on my arm. My face is NC25 in MAC, but my arm is darker - maybe NC30 or NC35?

The swatches on my arm, adjacent to the compact.

If you've enjoyed the pictures, please mark my review as helpful! Thanks. :) continued >>

42 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my first try at cream eyeshadow. I like Revlon products in general, but as it turned out, this wasn't for me. I didn't realize the shadows would be so sheer and I felt like I couldn't get the effect I wanted. I would have worked with it more (because it could have been an application issue) except that it turns out I'm sensitive to something in the formula. My eyes started hurting shortly after application. Not drop to the floor, "My eyes! OMG, my eyes!" kind of hurting, but the kind that makes me squint and blink hard and wonder, what's going on? I haven't felt that since...wait, since I used Revlon Colorstay eyeliner, LOL! So, for the people who are sensitive to the eyeliner (I figure there are three of us in the world) stay away from the creme shadow quads, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love these. So cheap and so creamy and blendable. I do use UDPP first and I don't have any creasing problems. If I want to vamp it up a bit I use powder shadow on top and it really intensifies your look. Want to try Wild Orchids next.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by lippglossluver258

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product i own alot of them and i think they r very dupable to mac paint pots and cream color bases. I do find they crease but if ypu use UDPP it will stick. If you still have problems with creasing if you set it with a tranclesent powder it wont budge. Of u can use any sadow if you just dont want to wear the cream shadow. I really love these as bases!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

I used to use this in college and loved it. I recently bought it again and still love it. The colors are sheer and have tons of pearl in them. I don't need a primer for these to last all day. I use them when I want a quick no fuss look. I can't use them in the summer though, I naturally have oily lids and with the humidity, these just melt off. But, well worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love these cream shadows. These do not crease on my lids at all. I use the lighter shades as bases and the darker shades just as regular eyeshadow. They are so pigmented so you only need a little bit for a dramatic look! The browns look really natural too. You can never have enough neutral browns in your collection!