Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Not Just Nudes

3.9

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Talc, Tribehenin, Magnesium Carbonate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxylated Lanolin, Polycyclopentadiene, Silica Silylate, Isododecane, Nylon 12, Pentahyrdosqualene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Silica, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax) (Candelilla Wax), Phenyltrimethicone, Polyethylene, BHT, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 6/30/2010 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like this product but it doesn't go the distance. The colors are exceptionally pretty. I especially love the pinkish-gold color. When first applied the colors are so beautiful and shimmery, but they don't last through the day and the shadow fades even with a primer. Packing it on just adds creases to faded spots. I feel like adding a powder shadow over these is pointless because you lose the shimmer and the dimensional color.

The packaging is sleek and sturdy, but it is confusing that when you open it, the clear parts where you see the shadow is on the bottom, so they always seem backwards.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like this easy little compact tray of cream eyeshadows. I'm really pale so the colors are perfect for me to blend on to my skin / lids and into eachother for a nice natural look or something with more depth too. They do crease somewhat without a base or anything but its a soft crease and I love the way the creams just sort of glow. Really nice, way better than you'd think. I'd rebuy.

on 6/23/2010 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am so glad I bought this product! It was less than $5 and I am impressed with the quality. I gave the packaging 3 lippies because it was hard to open the compact. The colors are great, natural-looking but not too subtle. It's easy to apply with my finger, I can't wait to try applying it with a small concealer brush. Update: it creased terribly after one hour with no primer or base. I still like the color payoff though.

on 6/23/2010 2:31:00 PM

I bought this back in either 2000 or 2001 and I will not be buying again. Horrible product.

I like using these as bases for other eyeshadows. I usually use Too Faced Shadow Insurance and then Revlon creme shadow and then a quality eyeshadow on top. I do like the second color from the left. I have worn it by itself with the primer underneath and a matte neutral eyeshadow in the crease.

on 4/10/2010 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is the first revlon creme shadow i have purchased. The colors are quite pretty. But i you have to apply quite a bit. Overall i like this product.

on 3/29/2010 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First cream shadows for me, and I do tend to a no/natural m/u look for daytime.. heavier at night.. I like this, and can see myself using it daily. It's very natural and for someone like me that tends to dry skin, & since I'm heading into late my late 30's.. not always smooth lids. If you have oily lids, I wouldn't bother the creasing would be a pain. You cannot apply this even moderately heavy w/o base & powder unless you like a crease, but for a light wash that gives you a nice misty-eye sheen it's great. I love using the dark color as a smudged liner, you can get a natural sultry smoky look with the other colors together. With primer & powder on me the creasing is minimal with a touch up once in a while, the payoff is good. I apply it with fingertips for day wear, and fingers/brush for defining at night. Easy!

on 3/24/2010 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

***Please click "Continued" for pictures!*** Of all of the illuminance quads, I love this one the most. The colors consist of:

-A light matte cream that's perfect for highlighting
-A shimmery brown-taupe that reminds me of MAC's Satin Taupe, and is great for everyday wear all by itself
-A matte shade of terra-cotta, and
-A rich shimmery chocolate brown that's great for augmenting or creating a smoky eye.

The colors are great by themselves if you are interested in branching out from powder eyeshadow. However, they also make a wonderful secondary "base" after primers like TFSI and UDPP. The additional color enhances the vibrance of the final look, and can also lend additional "stick." This method is employed in many YT tutorials like those of michellephan and xteeener. I think the staying power on this is quite good, though if you struggle with creasing and fading you might want to try a layer of powder between your primer and these creme shadows. I absolutely love all of the colors.

I also love the chic black palette with small clear plastic circles so you can see the shades - much better than the new packaging I am starting to see pop up in the stores, which have a lid that is completely clear. These seem more sturdy to me. Give this a try, especially if you can find a Revlon BOGO free sale!

The closed compact so you can see the packaging.

The open compact, to show you the colors. The second-to-the-left and the one on the far right are shimmery.

The colors, swatched on my arm. My face is NC25 in MAC, but my arm is darker - maybe NC30 or NC35?

The swatches on my arm, adjacent to the compact.

If you've enjoyed the pictures, please mark my review as helpful! Thanks. :) continued >>

on 3/15/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This was my first try at cream eyeshadow. I like Revlon products in general, but as it turned out, this wasn't for me. I didn't realize the shadows would be so sheer and I felt like I couldn't get the effect I wanted. I would have worked with it more (because it could have been an application issue) except that it turns out I'm sensitive to something in the formula. My eyes started hurting shortly after application. Not drop to the floor, "My eyes! OMG, my eyes!" kind of hurting, but the kind that makes me squint and blink hard and wonder, what's going on? I haven't felt that since...wait, since I used Revlon Colorstay eyeliner, LOL! So, for the people who are sensitive to the eyeliner (I figure there are three of us in the world) stay away from the creme shadow quads, too.

on 2/19/2010 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love these. So cheap and so creamy and blendable. I do use UDPP first and I don't have any creasing problems. If I want to vamp it up a bit I use powder shadow on top and it really intensifies your look. Want to try Wild Orchids next.