The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Glycerin, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citric Acid, p-Anisic Acid, PVP, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Tocopherol.

on 10/8/2010 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is an excellent product! My acne was almost clear within a few weeks. Use this with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion for the best results! In my opinion, you have to be patient with this product. My acne started getting better within one week of usage, but got worse the second week, and then my acne almost disspeared completely in the third week. I like the foam becuase it feels great on your skin. The menthol and tea tree oils left my skin tingling and fresh after every usage! I find this to be refreshing and energizing every morning after I wake up. I am not a huge fan of the smell, but you'll get use to it after a short while. Using a face moisturizer will prevent your skin from getting dry. I love the packaging, as always. I definately recommend this and the whole tea tree line to anyone with acne.

on 9/20/2010 8:17:00 PM

This foaming cleanser was really refreshing, but super drying on my skin. I didn't see any significant changes to my blemishes and was really surprised by how drying it was. It was good at removing all traces of make-up though. I wouldn't purchase this cleanser again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have true combination, which I like to call "weather skin" because as soon as summer and winter hit, my skin changes drastically. Since it's summer, which means, oils, humidity, heat etc. my normal face routine is slightly off. I got this and my face is so much better. I use this after I take off my makeup (I don't use it everyday because I don't wear makeup everyday, plus it's strong) and I wake in the morning, and my skin isn't oily at all. For the winter time, this might be too drying for me though, but for the summer, it's great : )

on 7/14/2010 2:22:00 AM

Pros:
- Great packaging with the pump. So easy to use and hygienic. You can also tell easily how much product you have left.
- Love the foam, it feels great on your skin.
- Smells nice.
Cons:
- WAY too drying and irritating. If you have acne, the point is not to clean your skin so much that it feels dry and/or itchy, because your skin will over-produce sebum and will in turn look more oily and can cause more acne.
- Didn't feel as "clean" as I had hoped. Would still find bits of makeup leftover when using toner.

Overall, not a good product unless you have extremely oily skin, or will only be using this a couple times per week. It's much too strong to use daily, or twice a day.

on 6/20/2010 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

At first this product worked really well in cleansing and preventing out breaks. However over the months I've come to notice it stopped working for me and has made my skin very dry and red afterward. Clean but dry.
It comes in a neat bottle with a pump so the design is good and for the price I'd say it is a decent working product. However will not repurchase because I have very sensitive skin now and this is a bit too strong for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Honestly I was quite dissapointed in this product because usually i love all body shop products. but this didnt do anything to my skin. only when i first started using it, it did make my skin a bit clearer and softer but thats it. after that, nothing. and for the price, no way is it worth it.
better of getting a drugstore cleanser than this :(

on 5/26/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

yeah ok will it did a good job getting rid of oil but it didn't reduce the apperence of my pimples. but i did like the tingly feeling after use the prodcut.

on 5/25/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really dont like the smell... but what can i do; it is tea tree. The foam is nice, no question about that. However, doesn't treat my pimples or cloged pores. Removes my make-up pretty good but dies out my skin just that little bit. So.. overall impression? Average. Will not buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this cleanser, it's really deep cleaning and great for acne. I use it with The Body Shop Facial Buffer, so I don't need an exfoliating scrub, and when used with The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Makeup Remover, you don't need to double cleanse.

on 5/16/2010 1:12:00 AM

I hop around here and there with my cleansers but I always keep this face wash in my medicine cabinet. Mind you, I actually have combo sensitive skin, but its frustrating to find a face wash that will make me feel clean and refreshed! (Whats the deal with sensitive skin cleansers not thoroughly doing their job and leaving oil and makeup behind?) The foam in this cleanser breaks down my makeup (even the waterproof kind) and makes my skin very clean. It also leaves a tingly feeling as you use it. This wash is a bit too much for daytime use, but when I have been marinating in makeup at work all day, I like to come home to a cleanser that will help me wash it completely off.
In summation, this foam cleanser is a nice tingly cleanser and makeup remover, but you might want to use this as a secondary cleanser for those days when you are feeling grisly, and have a more gentle cleanser for regular use.