The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Glycerin, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citric Acid, p-Anisic Acid, PVP, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Tocopherol.

on 7/14/2010 2:22:00 AM

Pros:
- Great packaging with the pump. So easy to use and hygienic. You can also tell easily how much product you have left.
- Love the foam, it feels great on your skin.
- Smells nice.
Cons:
- WAY too drying and irritating. If you have acne, the point is not to clean your skin so much that it feels dry and/or itchy, because your skin will over-produce sebum and will in turn look more oily and can cause more acne.
- Didn't feel as "clean" as I had hoped. Would still find bits of makeup leftover when using toner.

Overall, not a good product unless you have extremely oily skin, or will only be using this a couple times per week. It's much too strong to use daily, or twice a day.

on 6/20/2010 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

At first this product worked really well in cleansing and preventing out breaks. However over the months I've come to notice it stopped working for me and has made my skin very dry and red afterward. Clean but dry.
It comes in a neat bottle with a pump so the design is good and for the price I'd say it is a decent working product. However will not repurchase because I have very sensitive skin now and this is a bit too strong for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Honestly I was quite dissapointed in this product because usually i love all body shop products. but this didnt do anything to my skin. only when i first started using it, it did make my skin a bit clearer and softer but thats it. after that, nothing. and for the price, no way is it worth it.
better of getting a drugstore cleanser than this :(

on 5/26/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

yeah ok will it did a good job getting rid of oil but it didn't reduce the apperence of my pimples. but i did like the tingly feeling after use the prodcut.

on 5/25/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really dont like the smell... but what can i do; it is tea tree. The foam is nice, no question about that. However, doesn't treat my pimples or cloged pores. Removes my make-up pretty good but dies out my skin just that little bit. So.. overall impression? Average. Will not buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this cleanser, it's really deep cleaning and great for acne. I use it with The Body Shop Facial Buffer, so I don't need an exfoliating scrub, and when used with The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Makeup Remover, you don't need to double cleanse.

on 5/16/2010 1:12:00 AM

I hop around here and there with my cleansers but I always keep this face wash in my medicine cabinet. Mind you, I actually have combo sensitive skin, but its frustrating to find a face wash that will make me feel clean and refreshed! (Whats the deal with sensitive skin cleansers not thoroughly doing their job and leaving oil and makeup behind?) The foam in this cleanser breaks down my makeup (even the waterproof kind) and makes my skin very clean. It also leaves a tingly feeling as you use it. This wash is a bit too much for daytime use, but when I have been marinating in makeup at work all day, I like to come home to a cleanser that will help me wash it completely off.
In summation, this foam cleanser is a nice tingly cleanser and makeup remover, but you might want to use this as a secondary cleanser for those days when you are feeling grisly, and have a more gentle cleanser for regular use.

on 4/24/2010 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So this product I have been using for three months or so is good
the tea tree oil line is really good; for me it took longer for the process to work; it takes a long time for pimples to go away, like a week or so. you have to be patient, but YES it works!
use other products from the line and you will see a difference

what i use daily :
tea tree oil foaming wash
tea tree oil skin clearing lotion
tea tree oil spot treatment
LUSH grease lightning
i know LUSH is out of the picture, but i use it anyways because it has tea tree oil and lots of Good ingredients that arent harsh for skin

on 3/2/2010 11:28:00 PM

Omg. This product has changed my skins life! I bought this when it first came out, and one bottle lasted me about a year.
A acne clearing cleanser will break you out even more at first, because it is fighting with the bacteria on your face. Then it slowly dies down until you get clear skin. The proccess wasn't as fast as some other cleansers but this really does work. and its cheaper than others too :) I 100% think others should try it out and be patient with it. I didn't get the entire set, but I got the Blackhead exfloliater, facial blotters, skin clearing lotion, and the face mask. I used a different brand of toner (which wasn't very good) and moisturiser.

on 2/1/2010 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

i really dont love this line in general, i have oily skin and dont think this cleanser does a great job of actually cleansing my face